@mvtroiano avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500 'JAZZ'

Molto Verboso
@mvtroiano avatar
MP3 500 'JAZZ'
UTC quote
Does anyone know the model number or even which other make/model will fit our MP3 500's?

I already had on a pair of powermadd handguards, and found them to restrict my steering since I had an old model Givi series windscreen. The Acerbis are expensive, but it is worth not being restricted.
@canopus avatar
UTC

Addicted
Mp3 500

Addicted
@canopus avatar
Mp3 500
UTC quote
I have these installed in my mp3 500:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NESATQ

When fully steering, they reach the Madstad windshield, but they are flexible so no problem.
OP
@mvtroiano avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500 'JAZZ'

Molto Verboso
@mvtroiano avatar
MP3 500 'JAZZ'
UTC quote
Thanks! I just ordered a pair. They give you the price of one on the website, but they do charge you for two.
@frcx94 avatar
UTC

Addicted
2019 MP3 500 HPE Business

Addicted
@frcx94 avatar
2019 MP3 500 HPE Business
UTC quote
Re: Acerbis for MP3 500
There are new at Acerbis regarding handguards ....

OP
@mvtroiano avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500 'JAZZ'

Molto Verboso
@mvtroiano avatar
MP3 500 'JAZZ'
UTC quote
The pair I just ordered has a row of LED lights on them that are battery powered. I don't ride at night much anymore, but a nice option if and when need them. Looking at the Acerbis website they want $139 for the new ones with those lights on them.
@cubsking99 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Yamaha Vino 125

Ossessionato
@cubsking99 avatar
2007 Yamaha Vino 125
UTC quote
Thanks for the review and links, guys. I just clicked through (hooray for supporting MV!) and nabbed a pair in Silver used for just $9.03

Mark
@britpirate avatar
UTC

Mp3 300

@britpirate avatar
Mp3 300
UTC quote
Don't really spose this helps, but I fitted a lovely pair of "Acerbis Flash Scooter Handguards" (battery powered, led strips). They fit great on my 2011 Mp3 300ie LT (though I have the standard screen). Mostly bought for extra light and a little help keeping the winter wind off me paws!

At the same time fitted some Renthall (medium) bar grips, which I find a BIG improvement over the fat standard ones: much more feel etc.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
BritPirate wrote:
Don't really spose this helps, but I fitted a lovely pair of "Acerbis Flash Scooter Handguards" (battery powered, led strips). They fit great on my 2011 Mp3 300ie LT (though I have the standard screen). Mostly bought for extra light and a little help keeping the winter wind off me paws!

At the same time fitted some Renthall (medium) bar grips, which I find a BIG improvement over the fat standard ones: much more feel etc.
where's the pics?
@britpirate avatar
UTC

Mp3 300

@britpirate avatar
Mp3 300
UTC quote
Pics to follow.. I promise....

In the mean-time checkout the link below for a guy doing the very same hand guards on utube:

@canopus avatar
UTC

Addicted
Mp3 500

Addicted
@canopus avatar
Mp3 500
UTC quote
It's supposed to be that easy as in the video... until your allen bolt get rounded and you have a lot of fun trying to extract it Facepalm emoticon

I added some black tape on top the "acerbis" logo. No ads, thank you.

BTW: I found that is really easy to forget to turn them on/off, I'm thinking in a mod to add another inner led so you know from the riding position if they are on or off.
@britpirate avatar
UTC

Mp3 300

@britpirate avatar
Mp3 300
UTC quote
Very easy mod. biggest problem for me was a seized allen screw in one of the bar-end weights (drilled it out). Bolts "arrowed" in the vid fitted just fine.

Agree with your comment on on/off issue. I now turn on before donning gloves and eyeball before takeoff...

Think rechargeable AAAs will be next ...

Also (as year round commuter) stuck some cool "stealth" reflective stickers on the bike & helmet for safety. Black on black particularly nice (on my black scoot):

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MOGLO-STICKERS?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
@tidwillow avatar
UTC

Hooked
GILERA FUOCO II & GTS 300 SUPER

Hooked
@tidwillow avatar
UTC quote
For those of you who have these, does much air get through the vent holes? The lights are nice and all but I am generally looking for something to primarily keep my hands warm. Just wondering if these are doing the trick for ya, and how cold is the weather y'all are riding in?
@britpirate avatar
UTC

Mp3 300

@britpirate avatar
Mp3 300
UTC quote
So far this winter 3 degrees C (37F). Guards + winter gloves on half hour commute (some of it @ 70 mph) = Good, no problems...

Will be getting colder we're promised, so ask again soon!!

Hope this helps?
@cubsking99 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Yamaha Vino 125

Ossessionato
@cubsking99 avatar
2007 Yamaha Vino 125
UTC quote
TIDWILLOW wrote:
For those of you who have these, does much air get through the vent holes?
I haven't installed mine yet, so I really can't say. But if you're worried about it, you could always cover it on the inside with a strip of duct tape...
OP
@mvtroiano avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500 'JAZZ'

Molto Verboso
@mvtroiano avatar
MP3 500 'JAZZ'
UTC quote
I was hoping that they would have included some covers for those two openings. The only real bad thing I can figure is that I have to remove my heavy bar ends. I was hoping to add them at the end of the bar ends. I might check into a little longer bolt at my local Lowes.
@tross avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP3 500, Lambretta GP TS1 225

Addicted
@tross avatar
MP3 500, Lambretta GP TS1 225
UTC quote
TIDWILLOW wrote:
For those of you who have these, does much air get through the vent holes? The lights are nice and all but I am generally looking for something to primarily keep my hands warm. Just wondering if these are doing the trick for ya, and how cold is the weather y'all are riding in?
Have tried both but went back to the Powermadd's as I can customize the wind/rain protection. The Powermadds are a bitch to set up properly but once you do their fine. The others look better and I love the led lights, but nothing protects better than the Powermadds.

My 2 cents.
Tross
⚠️ Last edited by Tross on UTC; edited 1 time
@bravotwofour avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now

Ossessionato
@bravotwofour avatar
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
UTC quote
Tross wrote:
TIDWILLOW wrote:
Have tried both but went back to the Powermadd's as I can customize the wind protection. The Powermadds are a bitch to set up properly but once you do their fine.
I like the customizable wind protection as well of the Powermadds as well. The open screen in summer provides cooling air but pretty good protection from road debris, and the full on covers are very good wind protection in colder weather. But they do contact my OEM windscreen at full lock-to-lock turn of the bars - not enough to bother me. But biggest issue is the Throttlemeister / heavy bar ends won't fit with any other handguards I've seen.
@tidwillow avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@tidwillow avatar
UTC quote
I am really looking for as much wind and cold protection as possible from handguards. From what I've seen the ones at pedalo power parts http://neu.3ppp.de/dreiraeder/gilera-fuoco/342/gilera-fuoco-500-handprotektoren?c=92 seem to be the front runners for me. They are made specifically for the 500 and no adjustments seem to be needed and the bar ends stay in tact without having to get longer screws. The circumference overall seems bigger with no vent holes. I wouldn't have the fancy led lights but function before fashion I always say. Does anyone here have experience with these? Thx..
OP
@mvtroiano avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500 'JAZZ'

Molto Verboso
@mvtroiano avatar
MP3 500 'JAZZ'
UTC quote
TIDWILLOW wrote:
I am really looking for as much wind and cold protection as possible from handguards. From what I've seen the ones at pedalo power parts http://neu.3ppp.de/dreiraeder/gilera-fuoco/342/gilera-fuoco-500-handprotektoren?c=92 seem to be the front runners for me. They are made specifically for the 500 and no adjustments seem to be needed and the bar ends stay in tact without having to get longer screws. The circumference overall seems bigger with no vent holes. I wouldn't have the fancy led lights but function before fashion I always say. Does anyone here have experience with these? Thx..
Now those are nice looking units!
@bravotwofour avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now

Ossessionato
@bravotwofour avatar
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
UTC quote
mvtroiano wrote:
TIDWILLOW wrote:
Now those are nice looking units!
Agree with that, they look good. And even better, it's product "made to fit"!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0220s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0094s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]