UTC

Addicted
GTS Super Black 2011

Addicted
@wobbly_wheels avatar
GTS Super Black 2011
UTC quote
Hi MV peep's

Just a quick question .. Would you consider buying a category C repaired scooter from a trader??? Apparently it was stolen & stripped for parts but not crashed ( Wha? emoticon )

Does anyone know if there are insurance implications to this also??

Thanks in advance

Wobbly
@capitano avatar
UTC

Addicted
ET4 Pre-Leader 125 "Velocipede" '92 Honda C90 Cub '97 Yamaha 600 Diversion

Addicted
@capitano avatar
UTC quote
My rule of thumb is to consider a fully repaired Cat C write off as being half the value of the same unclassified vehicle (ie te same vehicle not damaged/repaired).

Cat D I'd consider as being about 65% value of the same vehicle unclassified.

Insurance shouldn't be a problem in my experience (cars, vans and bikes), although I have heard of insurance companies insisting on a fresh MOT for a Cat C repaired vehicle before they will insure it. It hasn't happened to me personally though.

Value aside there's nothing particularly bad about owning a repaired vehicle...until it comes time to sell it on.
OP
@wobbly_wheels avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS Super Black 2011

Addicted
@wobbly_wheels avatar
GTS Super Black 2011
UTC quote
Capitano wrote:
My rule of thumb is to consider a fully repaired Cat C write off as being half the value of the same unclassified vehicle (ie te same vehicle not damaged/repaired).

Cat D I'd consider as being about 65% value of the same vehicle unclassified.

Insurance shouldn't be a problem in my experience (cars, vans and bikes), although I have heard of insurance companies insisting on a fresh MOT for a Cat C repaired vehicle before they will insure it. It hasn't happened to me personally though.

Value aside there's nothing particularly bad about owning a repaired vehicle...until it comes time to sell it on.
The scooter is about £800-£900 less than market value but definitely not half price.. Thanks for the advise, Gonna have to give this one a miss even thou I have slightly fallen I love with it. Headache emoticon
@capitano avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@capitano avatar
UTC quote
1. Never let cost spoil the love for an inanimate object.

2. Buy high, sell low

Embrace these two principles with joy and you will forever be a happy scooter owner.
@rusty_rope avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@rusty_rope avatar
Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Be warned that some insurance companies may increase your premiums for a vehicle which has been previously stolen. They'll consider it more desirable to thiefs.

It may be worth double checking before comitting to a sale.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0084s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0016s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]