OP
UTC

ET4

ET4
UTC quote
Hi all,

As the winds sweep down from Scotland to England, I was increasingly concerned that the winds were picking up near my work place. I went over to check on my poor Betty on my lunch break only to find her lying on her side in the edge of the road, no doubt blown over whilst still chained to the lampost.

The plastic edge of her body has quite a few pieces snapped off, the rear indicator light is broken and there was a strong smell of petrol (I think)

I dusted her off and got het started up everything else seems fine.... Im hoping that the winds will die down before its time to head home

Stay safe riding in the winds people.

Oh, and on a cursory web search all the indicators for ET4's are for the newer(?) clear ones, does anyone know where i can pick up an amber one for cheap?

Thanks

CB
@huskyteer avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda NC700D Integra

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@huskyteer avatar
Honda NC700D Integra
UTC quote
Happened to me a couple of times when I had an ET4. On one occasion my flatmate found it, picked it up, and very kindly parked it up against his car so it wouldn't have too far to fall if it happened again.

Side stand rather than centre stand should help. Hope she doesn't go over again!
@davelx avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 Piaggio BV-350

Molto Verboso
@davelx avatar
2016 Piaggio BV-350
UTC quote
Sorry to hear about Betty; glad she's okay. I just rode home from work in this wind. It got interesting along the Heathrow Northern Perimeter Road - very blustery indeed.

At least it's several degrees warmer than my ride to work this morning, which was around -2c. Brrrr!

Folks, remember to take your covers *off* your scoots this evening, so they don't create a sail-effect and blow your scooter over.

Ride safe, y'all.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
What a storm!

Germany has it now, Friday 6am is high tide. Hamburg will have more than 14 feet high water!!

I'm not sure what to do with my Vespa. Last storm in October it was blown over, luckily into a tough hedge, no damage. I parked it there again, and my car right up snug against it, with a good cover and a rolled up blanket tied between should a 100mph gust tilt it over again.

This is a hurricane folks!
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Cheese board, sorry to hear of the scratches. Get some new bits and get on with riding soon. I hope the storm is soon past.
@vespizzare avatar
UTC

Addicted
Customized 2006 LX150 Thunderbolt the Wondercolt

Addicted
@vespizzare avatar
Customized 2006 LX150 Thunderbolt the Wondercolt
UTC quote
I don't want to find my scoot on it's side, but stuff happens. I've had the experience before more than once. That's why I got the after-market chrome bumpers, front and back. I don't want it to happen, but if if does hopefully the bars will be of some help.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
The tidal surge should be hitting East Anglia right about now - everyone OK?
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Scotland had 220 k/mh gusts!

The storm is HUGE.
@capitano avatar
UTC

Addicted
ET4 Pre-Leader 125 "Velocipede" '92 Honda C90 Cub '97 Yamaha 600 Diversion

Addicted
@capitano avatar
ET4 Pre-Leader 125 "Velocipede" '92 Honda C90 Cub '97 Yamaha 600 Diversion
UTC quote
Re: Found my Betty lying on her side as the winds sweep Lond
cheese board wrote:
Oh, and on a cursory web search all the indicators for ET4's are for the newer(?) clear ones, does anyone know where i can pick up an amber one for cheap?
http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/piaggio/vespa_et4_125_4_stroke/96-99/picture/indicator_complete_rear_right/
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0165s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0057s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]