@still_shifting avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Chetak

Ossessionato
@still_shifting avatar
Chetak
UTC quote
I think the Buddy is a Bench mark of the Modern Scooters. They are small if you are large framed but that is my only real complaint. R
@hendon avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2004 ET4, 2003 ET4, 1980 P200, 1963 Li150

Molto Verboso
@hendon avatar
2004 ET4, 2003 ET4, 1980 P200, 1963 Li150
UTC quote
I rented a Buddy 125 recently in California, and had a great time with it. The handling was slightly different from what I'm used to, but I got used to it quickly and had no problem riding the hills and canyons around L.A.

Brendan
@cheshire avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS (sold)

Molto Verboso
@cheshire avatar
GTS (sold)
UTC quote
I put nearly 20k on my B125 in the 2 years I owned it. I'd say about 75% of the time I was WOT and in all that time it remained thoroughly reliable. The Blur was too small for my long legs (stepped seat I couldn't sit further back on), so I picked a large-frame, 250-class GTS. I love both.

The ONLY thing I didn't like about that 125 was the name.
@dibber avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300ie Super

Hooked
@dibber avatar
GTS300ie Super
UTC quote
Still have my Buddy 125 and my son is using it now. Last year I put a new rear tire on it and it was pushing 14,000 trouble free miles and still getting 90+ mpg in town. It is a work horse of a scooter. I rode on rides over 250 mile several times when I used it. I still miss it too especially in town. Not as smooth as my Vespa, but then I could have bought 3 Buddy's for the cost of one GTS300Super.
@still_shifting avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Chetak

Ossessionato
@still_shifting avatar
Chetak
UTC quote
And of course there is the Buddy Forum to talk to, tho you will hear very little criticism there... R
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
Dibber wrote:
Still have my Buddy 125 and my son is using it now. Last year I put a new rear tire on it and it was pushing 14,000 trouble free miles and still getting 90+ mpg in town. It is a work horse of a scooter. I rode on rides over 250 mile several times when I used it. I still miss it too especially in town. Not as smooth as my Vespa, but then I could have bought 3 Buddy's for the cost of one GTS300Super.
My son used to lie when his friends in high school would ask him about his gas mileage with the Buddy 125. He'd tell them 90 when he was really getting 98-103. When I asked him why he said they felt bad enough already since many of them were driving hand me down pick-up trucks with 16-20mpg at best.
@rajron avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300

Addicted
@rajron avatar
GTS 300
UTC quote
I liked my Buddy when I had it;
I like the Buddy Forum http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/index.html
It was a great experience as it was my first scooter, put in 16K trouble free miles, 10K of those after it was kitted to 161cc - my needs changed and I ended up selling the Buddy.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0168s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0076s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]