UTC

Evil
p2, jet2, lml166

Evil
@bigben avatar
p2, jet2, lml166
UTC quote
conchscooter wrote:
A Scomadi 300 with Kymco motor would be ideal. Never mind the horsepower, a bonus, but reliability.
I'll be interesting going to Lambretta rallies to watch the old heads go from pretending that Kymco's didn't exist to pretending there's value in them.
⬆️    About 4 months elapsed    ⬇️
@ginch avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@ginch avatar
UTC quote
Had to put this up!!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@jackson85 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred

Ossessionato
@jackson85 avatar
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
UTC quote
Jesus I just puked a little. Could be the butchers apron on its own though. Often had that effect
@sfvsr avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
a lambretta or two

Ossessionato
@sfvsr avatar
a lambretta or two
UTC quote
Thank god it isn't a tattoo of a modern GTS with an Italian flag.
@bobo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP

Ossessionato
@bobo avatar
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP
UTC quote
I bet he pulls the chicks with that.
UTC

Molto Verboso
Lambretta GP200, Vespa P200e, Motovespa do Brasil PX200E

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
he is forgetting the chinese flag
@sfvsr avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
a lambretta or two

Ossessionato
@sfvsr avatar
a lambretta or two
UTC quote
almogavar1969 wrote:
Scomadi, as a brand, makes almost everything in-house in the UK/Italy. The exception being the eventual production of those tng "Lambrettas."
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
SFvsr wrote:
almogavar1969 wrote:
Scomadi, as a brand, makes almost everything in-house in the UK/Italy. The exception being the eventual production of those tng "Lambrettas."
of course Scomadi (PM Tuning/Lambretta Innovation) makes all of their tasty bits in UK/Italy. But the scooters? Chinese crap
@sfvsr avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
a lambretta or two

Ossessionato
@sfvsr avatar
a lambretta or two
UTC quote
almogavar1969 wrote:
SFvsr wrote:
almogavar1969 wrote:
of course Scomadi (PM Tuning/Lambretta Innovation) makes all of their tasty bits in UK/Italy. But the scooters? Chinese crap
Thank god you didn't waste any of your precious time reading all TWO of my sentences.
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300 super

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300 super
UTC quote
Scomadi Made in China and PDI'd in the UK.

Fact is the only Scomadi's built from the ground up in the UK are the limited edition numbered ones which cost 2/3 times more than the new type mass produced ones,
there are around 30/40 hand built ones that were made in the UK over the last few years.

All these new 50/125 and soon to come 300 mass built scomadi's and are all built in the far east and then given a PDI check here in the UK before giving it to the customer.

Nothing with them is made in Italy or even close by...
⬆️    About 4 months elapsed    ⬇️
@quervin avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa PX125 Kitted 'n stuff. Lambretta GP150.

Hooked
@quervin avatar
Vespa PX125 Kitted 'n stuff. Lambretta GP150.
UTC quote
The shop with big windows....
So......has anyone bought one yet? If so, any good?
@mattscoots avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mattscoots avatar
UTC quote
My two cents is that they look awesome. They do have real presence and gravitas. And I couldn't care less where they are made either. I'd happily buy one if they make a manual transmission model in the future...
@bigben avatar
UTC

Evil
p2, jet2, lml166

Evil
@bigben avatar
p2, jet2, lml166
UTC quote
mattscoots wrote:
My two cents is that they look awesome. They do have real presence and gravitas. And I couldn't care less where they are made either. I'd happily buy one if they make a manual transmission model in the future...
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@mattscoots avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mattscoots avatar
UTC quote
bigben wrote:
mattscoots wrote:
Not really sure that it does actually...? A new, reliable, well-built Lambretta lookalike with a manual gearshift...it's not like I suggested that they make it steam powered or something...
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
mattscoots wrote:
bigben wrote:
mattscoots wrote:
Not really sure that it does actually...? A new, reliable, well-built Lambretta lookalike with a manual gearshift...it's not like I suggested that they make it steam powered or something...
thats not gonna happen. They can only afford an off the shelf Asian produced power plant. I'd only consider if they out a ass load of $$ into R&D and produce a state of the art clean running 2 stroke with a gearbox that can run in auto or a tiptronic style transmission. Other than that I'll pass
@mattscoots avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mattscoots avatar
UTC quote
almogavar1969 wrote:
thats not gonna happen. They can only afford an off the shelf Asian produced power plant. I'd only consider if they out a ass load of $$ into R&D and produce a state of the art clean running 2 stroke with a gearbox that can run in auto or a tiptronic style transmission. Other than that I'll pass
Yeah I know it's not gonna happen, but just saying that if it ever did then I'd be straight out to buy one!
@bigben avatar
UTC

Evil
p2, jet2, lml166

Evil
@bigben avatar
p2, jet2, lml166
UTC quote
i honestly tried to find a more violently offended 'that defeats the f*$king purpose" image, but had to settle on that one.

Scomadi and PM have been working for YEARS to make work the modern, automatic quasar engine fit in a lambretta frame, conforming the the styling of the vintage lines with the ease and reassurance of a liquid cooled, high speed, automatic engine.

and you're like, 'uhhh, but can i get it in manual'.

what you're thinking of is a vintage lambretta. those exist already.
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
Re: The shop with big windows....
Quervin wrote:
So......has anyone bought one yet? If so, any good?
I know a couple of guys (veteran scooterists) who have got them now but haven't seen them on rides recently since - should catch up at a Christmas toy run event in December. My local parts store has sold half a dozen or more of the 125 but has been ticked off by Scomadi for not being an official/recognised retailer.
@mattscoots avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mattscoots avatar
UTC quote
bigben wrote:
what you're thinking of is a vintage lambretta. those exist already.
I disagree...I don't want vintage suspension, engine, electrics, brakes, etc. just so I can have a vintage manual transmission. There's no reason a modern manual transmission couldn't fit with modern suspension, engine, electrics, brakes, etc.

I know it's not going to happen but that still doesn't make the dream pointless.
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
[quote="almogavar1969"]
mattscoots wrote:
bigben wrote:
mattscoots wrote:
It seems well known know that if the 300 ever sees the light of day in the UK, it won't have the Piaggio GTS 300 engine that was planned as Piaggio won't sell them the engine now, meaning some Chinese replacement. That doesn't play well with Lambretta fans in the UK, and chips away at the likely long term customer base here. And if 300 production depends on sales of the 50 and 125 to finance it, I wouldn't be buying shares....
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
For interest - the writer has a good reputation here in the UK...
http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/bike-reviews/scomadi/scomadi-tl125-scooter-road-test/
@mbnz77 avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX 225, SS 180, 90SS

Hooked
@mbnz77 avatar
PX 225, SS 180, 90SS
UTC quote
[quote="brown_beret7"]
almogavar1969 wrote:
mattscoots wrote:
bigben wrote:
mattscoots wrote:
It seems well known know that if the 300 ever sees the light of day in the UK, it won't have the Piaggio GTS 300 engine that was planned as Piaggio won't sell them the engine now, meaning some Chinese replacement. That doesn't play well with Lambretta fans in the UK, and chips away at the likely long term customer base here. And if 300 production depends on sales of the 50 and 125 to finance it, I wouldn't be buying shares....
The mass produced 300 appears to be on the back burner. At EICMA later this month Scomadi are unveiling a 200cc Aprilia engined version. It's a liquid cooled fuel injected 18hp unit... Should be pretty fast.
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
That 200 version fits the article saying it was expected then. I've heard no early rumours of anything new from Piaggio at EICMA this year, so will be interested to see what appears on this years stand.
UTC

2013 px 125

2013 px 125
UTC quote
Seriously debating getting a 125 version now with the pm pipe but can't decide whether i want to give up my px to have it, hard decision because I don't ride the px very often but love it when I do where as the scomadi I would probably use to commute but then not be such a fan of using it for rallys what to do hmmmmm
@mattscoots avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mattscoots avatar
UTC quote
px125aaron wrote:
Seriously debating getting a 125 version now with the pm pipe but can't decide whether i want to give up my px to have it, hard decision because I don't ride the px very often but love it when I do where as the scomadi I would probably use to commute but then not be such a fan of using it for rallys what to do hmmmmm
Sounds like you need both matey
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespas 1964 GS160, 1965 SS180, 1977 V9A1T, 1983 PX150E

Ossessionato
Vespas 1964 GS160, 1965 SS180, 1977 V9A1T, 1983 PX150E
UTC quote
A dealer just opened up here in Bangkok on New Petchburi Road. It's just a few kilometers from my house. I was riding along on my usual commute and there it was. I went inside to have a look. The showroom is very upscale and professional with nice, English speaking staff. There are a lot of bikes in there. They have all the models in stock and a bunch in a warehouse in back. They look like they are into it with a big commitment.

The bikes themselves look really good. I'm not partial to anything modern and wouldn't buy one, but if I were looking for a modern, good looking scooter that seems well built, I'd get it. The only turn-off for me was that the entire body is abs plastic. The whole bike, every part, is made in China, which is typical these days, so not such a big deal. The base model was 90,000 baht which is roughly US$ 2,500. The top model was 200,000 baht or US$ 5,500. Considering the hefty import taxes here, I would say those prices are pretty good.
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1991 Vespa T5 Pole Position, 2008 Vespa S 125, 2023 Piaggio MP3 300HPE Sport

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
UTC quote
[quote="mbnz77"]
brown_beret7 wrote:
almogavar1969 wrote:
mattscoots wrote:
bigben wrote:
mattscoots wrote:
The mass produced 300 appears to be on the back burner. At EICMA later this month Scomadi are unveiling a 200cc Aprilia engined version. It's a liquid cooled fuel injected 18hp unit... Should be pretty fast.
So Piaggio won't sell them the 300cc 'Vespa' engine, but they will sell them a 200cc 'Aprilia engine? or is the 'Aprilia' engine not made by Piaggio?
@sfvsr avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
a lambretta or two

Ossessionato
@sfvsr avatar
a lambretta or two
UTC quote
fleece wrote:
So Piaggio won't sell them the 300cc 'Vespa' engine, but they will sell them a 200cc 'Aprilia engine? or is the 'Aprilia' engine not made by Piaggio?
I think, regarding the Aprillia or Piaggio motor, they are in essence the same thing. Piaggio bought out Aprillia if I am not mistaken.
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
SFvsr wrote:
fleece wrote:
I think, regarding the Aprillia or Piaggio motor, they are in essence the same thing. Piaggio bought out Aprillia if I am not mistaken.
yep - Piaggio Group: Vespa, Aprilia, Derbi, Moto Guzzi, Gilera, Scarabeo etc.
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
UTC quote
Conspiracy theory..
has anyone on here got one?

does anyone know anyone that's got one?

has anyone ridden one?

It's fucking Roswell all over again
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
Re: Conspiracy theory..
fleece wrote:
Yup, as mentioned in my post above, know a couple of lads who have them, but won't see them close up until local run on 6 Dec. May be able to blag a test ride so will let you know Si...
@mbnz77 avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX 225, SS 180, 90SS

Hooked
@mbnz77 avatar
PX 225, SS 180, 90SS
UTC quote
[quote="fleece"]
mbnz77 wrote:
brown_beret7 wrote:
almogavar1969 wrote:
mattscoots wrote:
bigben wrote:
mattscoots wrote:
Pretty sure it's a Scarabeo engine, and possibly an actual Aprilia engine made by them prior to the Piaggio buy out. I'm not certain of the politics but it's coming and will be announced at the Milan show in a week or so...
@dr_zoidberg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift

Ossessionato
@dr_zoidberg avatar
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift
UTC quote
It's a shame the 300 fell through. Would have been good if they could have fitted something else of a similar capacity.
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
Re: Conspiracy theory..
brown_beret7 wrote:
fleece wrote:
Yup, as mentioned in my post above, know a couple of lads who have them, but won't see them close up until local run on 6 Dec. May be able to blag a test ride so will let you know Si...
This is one of the lads...

Not sure if true or not but read today that Piaggio didn't want to continue with the Aprillia engine when they bought them out, so sold the licence for someone else to make them. Whether these 'new Aprilia' engines are the ones going in the Scomadi I don't know, but it would fit with the idea that Piaggio didn't want to supply an engine to a rival scooter manufacturer...
@ginch avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@ginch avatar
UTC quote
They're never going to be a rival to Piaggio though are they?
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
It's a shame the 300 fell through. Would have been good if they could have fitted something else of a similar capacity.
Be interesting see whether it's more about engine performance and output than capacity. If the 200 is well engineered and the Scomadi frame is lighter then the GTS (without checking the specs out) then the on road difference or not between them might be interesting. Similar to the experience with the GTS 250 and 300 where people assumed the 300 was automatically quicker when the true cc and the set ups put little difference between them actually on the road.
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
UTC quote
I reckon that Scomadi will go all out to make sure their flagship model comes out faster than a GTS

I hope they do the 200 in the graphite grey (drools )
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
fleece wrote:
I reckon that Scomadi will go all out to make sure their flagship model comes out faster than a GTS

No expert but they might have they're work cut out to beat the 300 from a 200 engine... on paper the GTS puts out 15.8kw/22bhp Max power at 7500rpm at the driveshaft, with the Scomadi 125 offering 7.25kw/9.86 Max power at 7300rpm. So roughly spec wise, any Scomadi 200 has got to more than double the power output of their 125 engine to be close. That'll be interesting if the 200 is really a 189 or similar... Nerd emoticon
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
UTC quote
brown_beret7 wrote:
fleece wrote:

No expert but they might have they're work cut out to beat the 300 from a 200 engine... on paper the GTS puts out 15.8kw/22bhp Max power at 7500rpm at the driveshaft, with the Scomadi 125 offering 7.25kw/9.86 Max power at 7300rpm. So roughly spec wise, any Scomadi 200 has got to more than double the power output of their 125 engine to be close. That'll be interesting if the 200 is really a 189 or similar... Nerd emoticon
if it's the Scarabeo engine (DOHC 180cc LC), that kicks out max power 19hp @ 8250rpm, and it would be a good few kg lighter than a GTS
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
Oo, might be a contender then 'arry.

Asked a mate online about how he'd got on with his Scomadi. 'Its ok mate' he said, a man of few words lol. Says they'll be 5 or 6 at that meet in December, so that's not bad for just a local patch and suggests they're selling.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0595s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0390s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]