@dr_zoidberg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift

Ossessionato
@dr_zoidberg avatar
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift
UTC quote
£3800 isn't all that different to the best deals I've seen advertised on the GTS - only about £400 for two thirds the capacity on a chinese made machine [1] which isn't enough clear air between them IMO.

[1] Yes, I know the 300 isn't actually a 300.
@vcs avatar
UTC

GTS 300, LML 221

@vcs avatar
GTS 300, LML 221
UTC quote
Here in Portugal (and Spain) the info about prices is not available yet.
The TL 300 version still apeears as an option on the catalog (no price tag), but at EICMA Scomadi confirmed that the Piaggio engine from the GTS is not available because Piaggio decided to not supply those engines to Scomadi on a regular basis.
So it seems to me that "300 project" is... dead.
Let´s hope something different happens with the new 200 auto and, specially, with the 250 6 speed.
⬆️    About 7 months elapsed    ⬇️
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1991 Vespa T5 Pole Position, 2008 Vespa S 125, 2023 Piaggio MP3 300HPE Sport

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
UTC quote
No spring chicken its true, but...
Tried one out a couple of weeks ago, and found that at 5'7" it was bloody uncomfortable to ride.

The front (sloping) bit of the seat was rock hard, so I had to slide back onto the (slightly) more comfortable middle bit, but that meant I wasn't sat upright (like on a Vespa) so my back ached, and because of how wide the body is, I felt like I was sat on one of the fairground bull rides and got off walking like John Wayne. Also, when sat further back, it was impossible (for me) to reach the floor with both feet so I had to slide forward again.

Now I'm not saying everyone is a short arsed f*cker with arthritis and a bad back like me, but I would seriously recommend anyone contemplating buying one, takes it for a reasonable ride first.

the lad who took one (2-up) to France and did a write up for SLUK had a blow-up saddle and gel saddle, maybe I should have tried it with one of them (but I've never had to use one on a Vespa..)

http://www.scooterlab.uk/scomadi-tl200-vs-vespa-gts-300-1000-miles-road-test-feature/
@alanmac avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'74 Rally, '72 Sprint

Molto Verboso
@alanmac avatar
'74 Rally, '72 Sprint
UTC quote
Thanks for the write up link. Had not read that one. Have not ridden a Scomadi yet, but would be interesting to see what they are like.
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
UTC quote
It's a pity Scomadi didn't use the touring / twin saddle off the Vespa S, considering it's thinness, it's been a very comfortable saddle for me.

Incidentally, the Italian word for 'uncomfortable' is 'scomodo'
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@alanmac avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'74 Rally, '72 Sprint

Molto Verboso
@alanmac avatar
'74 Rally, '72 Sprint
UTC quote
I think any riding on Vespa or Scomadi for an extended period is going to hurt. I was given an Airhawk after the Mille and will be looking forward to my next longer ride and trying it out. the Rally seat definitely loses its comfort factor after a number of hours!
@upthepunks avatar
UTC

@upthepunks avatar
UTC quote
Re: No spring chicken its true, but...
fleece wrote:
http://www.scooterlab.uk/scomadi-tl200-vs-vespa-gts-300-1000-miles-road-test-feature/
Can everyone, brits included, stop using the Confederate Flag, plz, thanks.

Same goes with the Blue Lives Matter flag.

Everyone just stop using stupid flags proliferating asinine causes.

Cool scooter. I'm too short to ride one as I'm shorter than 5'7" and ain't a brit.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
chilli willy penguin
who on heres done that .... think you need some sleep kid
yaaaaaaar
yaaaaaaar
@alanmac avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'74 Rally, '72 Sprint

Molto Verboso
@alanmac avatar
'74 Rally, '72 Sprint
UTC quote
Re: chilli willy penguin
T5bitza69 wrote:
who on heres done that .... think you need some sleep kid
I was wondering the same thing. I think it is on a pic of the scoot in the review as the scooter club he was in seemed to be the confederates sc.
@jackson85 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred

Ossessionato
@jackson85 avatar
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
UTC quote
Suppose I shouldn't say up the Provos so. I'll not say it.

@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
marmalade
haha jacko ......

just noticed punk kid has only done 3posts .... maybe hes new to tinterwebbery .... lets give him time to learn
@ginch avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@ginch avatar
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
UTC quote
Re: No spring chicken its true, but...
upthepunks wrote:
I'll try to get the message out but I can only alert maybe 500 people at most... it's up to you to ask the other 7.125 billion.
@puredrivensnow avatar
UTC

Addicted
1974VLB 1979VSX 1974V9A

Addicted
@puredrivensnow avatar
1974VLB 1979VSX 1974V9A
UTC quote
Are people outside of the U.S. really into the confederate flag? And it's not really a party pleaser here either.
@subetherbass avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1997 Italjet Formula 125, 2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others

Ossessionato
@subetherbass avatar
1997 Italjet Formula 125, 2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
UTC quote
To Luke,
AlanMac wrote:
I think any riding on Vespa or Scomadi for an extended period is going to hurt. I was given an Airhawk after the Mille and will be looking forward to my next longer ride and trying it out. the Rally seat definitely loses its comfort factor after a number of hours!
I love having my comfy seat back, but missed it on the Mille, a customised Yoga-mat was ok, but not the same.... However they are good to cut up & hold together nicely with Duct-tape.
Sounds like I will have to get Speedy running again, & lets go for a Ride.

Regards Daisy Duke.
@alanmac avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'74 Rally, '72 Sprint

Molto Verboso
@alanmac avatar
'74 Rally, '72 Sprint
UTC quote
Re: To Luke,
SubEtherBASS wrote:
AlanMac wrote:
I love having my comfy seat back, but missed it on the Mille, a customised Yoga-mat was ok, but not the same.... However they are good to cut up & hold together nicely with Duct-tape.

Regards Daisy Duke.
September my friend. Until then I am in the west of London, working and ale-ing.
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
AlanMac wrote:
SubEtherBASS wrote:
AlanMac wrote:

Regards Daisy Duke.
September my friend. Until then I am in the west of London, working and ale-ing.
The Donkei Skok SC, a rag tag bag of London and UK MVers, have been known to show a visiting member a good time in the city You can look us up in Donk thread if you want to get together to share some ale-ing 8) Il buono, il brutto, il donkeio (Page 70)
@alanmac avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'74 Rally, '72 Sprint

Molto Verboso
@alanmac avatar
'74 Rally, '72 Sprint
UTC quote
brown_beret7 wrote:
AlanMac wrote:
SubEtherBASS wrote:
AlanMac wrote:

Regards Daisy Duke.
The Donkei Skok SC, a rag tag bag of London and UK MVers, have been known to show a visiting member a good time in the city You can look us up in Donk thread if you want to get together to share some ale-ing 8) Il buono, il brutto, il donkeio (Page 70)
thanks BB, will send you a PM later. Always keen to share the Ales, and would be nice to meet some other MV's besides the Melbourne crew
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
AlanMac wrote:
brown_beret7 wrote:
AlanMac wrote:
SubEtherBASS wrote:
AlanMac wrote:

Regards Daisy Duke.
thanks BB, will send you a PM later. Always keen to share the Ales, and would be nice to meet some other MV's besides the Melbourne crew
Cool. Early talk of a evening meet up on 26 July for MVer MegaMod who's over from the US for the Exmouth Scooter Rally
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespas 1964 GS160, 1965 SS180, 1977 V9A1T, 1983 PX150E

Ossessionato
Vespas 1964 GS160, 1965 SS180, 1977 V9A1T, 1983 PX150E
UTC quote
Ginch wrote:
upthepunks wrote:
I'll try to get the message out but I can only alert maybe 500 people at most... it's up to you to ask the other 7.125 billion.
Clap, clap.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0952s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0818s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]