@piglet avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTV250, PX150 & LX50

Hooked
@piglet avatar
GTV250, PX150 & LX50
UTC quote
Two up on a rental in Santorini for our honeymoon in 1997. I just didn't want any more of the island to fall into the sea and take us with it. Beautiful experience along the beaches, but a little nervewracking along the cliffs.
@andyscooter avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa gt200

Molto Verboso
@andyscooter avatar
Vespa gt200
UTC quote
down a lane when my sat nav was showing me in a field then said turn right so i did

turned out it was an open gate into an airfield

other one was a scooter ride with 30 people i was leading and meant to be meeting another group they saw us and joined in and my satnav got mixed up (or maybe me) went round in a circle and met the end of the meet we went round three times altogether thinking they were the other group and knew were they were going
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
Route 66 Lawdog wrote:
stickyfrog wrote:
Route 66 Lawdog wrote:
Tulsa, Oklahoma: those people are just nuts.......
I'll see your Tulsa and Raise you a Boston.
That might not be a fair comparison. It is my understanding that most folks in Boston actually do possess a drivers license...........
I grew up near Disneyland. Trying to predict where a tourist was from by their driving before they got close enough to see their license plate was a summer pastime. Mass plates were hands down the worst drivers we saw on the road bar none. Louisiana drivers were/are notorious for stopping for no apparent reason before turns, merging into traffic but they still didn't beat Mass.
@driller avatar
UTC

Hooked
Scarabeo 150, SC 250, 2t Stella

Hooked
@driller avatar
UTC quote
How green it was...
While following my DeLorme Atlas of New Hampshire, an attempt to take a "shortcut" took me up a narrowing trail. When things were looking like it was time to back track, my eye caught the sun shining on a Pot field in a near by clearing. The rear of an atv was visible and the hair on the back of my neck stood up; someone had to be near! Wha? emoticon
Wheeling the KLR250 around, I started beating it back down the trail. One eye was on the mirror expecting to see some one pursuing me while the other was expecting to see a trip wire or booby trap ahead.
I was happy the exhaust on the bike was very quiet as I slipped away from that "Holy Crap" moment.
UTC

Hooked
2017 Vespa GTS 300 SS (and a buncha dumb shifty bikes)

Hooked
2017 Vespa GTS 300 SS (and a buncha dumb shifty bikes)
UTC quote
was doin' a little evening exploration on the fly and rolled into one of the shadier areas of seattle sodo (south downtown). white boy with a scarf on a little scooter? let's just say that i think it was laughter that spared me...
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
CD i had a chuckle about the Mass folks. I grew up on the border. They are worse. When i go to visit my friends in upper Maine i detour around Boston. I always hear the bantering on the radio about the MA peeps from the NH folks and vice versa. They now have bumper sticker with Masshole on them. Laughing emoticon Laughing emoticon
@driller avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@driller avatar
UTC quote
"They now have bumper stickers with Masshole on them."
I'm glad some one else said it first. Laughing emoticon Laughing emoticon
We lived so close to NH that some of that 'tude rubbed off on us. Trips to BeanTown confirmed it!
Truthfully, many good friends live in the Bay State.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Driller. Love MA. I used to live in MA when i was little. Born in NY and my dad worked for GE in Pittsfield. When we moved back to NY when i was 6 we'd do all of our shopping there. 2 miles to the border. The people i know in MA love the title. Laughing emoticon A friend finally found a store where they sell them. If you want one send me your address. I'll get him to send a couple.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0234s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0144s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]