@dezziebear avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 400

Hooked
@dezziebear avatar
MP3 400
UTC quote
Do any of you ride your trike as a primary vehicle? If so, how do you handle the transition from safety gear to street clothes? What safety gear do you wear when going to meet a friend for dinner, for example? I can't imagine that changing in a bathroom is always an option, lol.

All I can figure is like when Megan Fox, in Transformers 2, takes off her jacket and pulls off her jeans to let what looked like her top extend to a dress.

Any tips? How do we keep our sexy?!? 8)
@lady_n_red avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2009 MP3 500ie "The Bug"

Enthusiast
@lady_n_red avatar
2009 MP3 500ie "The Bug"
UTC quote
Hi Dezzie
Im just a newbie ...and only drive my scooter for pleasure... but I love the leather look.. personally.

A few weeks ago, when I drove my scooter to a neighboring town, Rusk, Tx to get it inspected... my man drove a truck and followed me. I was in leather... I carried in my helmet and wore my leather jacket, boots and chaps... he was in normal hick- country boy clothes ... LOL Several customers were confused as we walked in - you know...the reversal roll.. but they all had smiles on their faces (men and women) at the roll exchange (woman in leather thing while man isn't ...) while at a pizza hut ... lol it was fun! I was thinking I wish I owned a leather neck choker with spikes on it Wha? emoticon ... lol

Enjoy! Nerd emoticon
@hollybry avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 Piaggio MP3 250 (sold) and 2009 MP3 400 (sold) 2011 CanAm Spyder RSS

Molto Verboso
@hollybry avatar
UTC quote
I wear Bohn Armor underneath my jeans. You cannot tell that I even have them on.
If I don't have the Bohn Armor, then I will wear the Icon strap on knee/shin protector called Field Armor. When i get to where I am going, I can easily take them off and put them in my top box or under the seat.
I always have a jacket/gloves/helmet on too. These items can be put in the top box or seat. Or, just take them in with you to work.

Edit to add that I also wear Icon boots. They are stylish enough that I just leave them on. No need to swap out for other shoes.
UTC

Enthusiast
Fuoco 500

Enthusiast
Fuoco 500
UTC quote
Re: Question for the Ladies
DezzieBear wrote:
Do any of you ride your trike as a primary vehicle? If so, how do you handle the transition from safety gear to street clothes? What safety gear do you wear when going to meet a friend for dinner, for example? I can't imagine that changing in a bathroom is always an option, lol.

All I can figure is like when Megan Fox, in Transformers 2, takes off her jacket and pulls off her jeans to let what looked like her top extend to a dress.

Any tips? How do we keep our sexy?!? 8)
Did you just call it a trike???
UTC

Molto Verboso
Piaggio mp3 500

Molto Verboso
Piaggio mp3 500
UTC quote
Re: Hi Dezzie
lady_n_red wrote:
Im just a newbie ...and only drive my scooter for pleasure... but I love the leather look.. personally.

I was thinking I wish I owned a leather neck choker with spikes on it Wha? emoticon ... lol

Enjoy! Nerd emoticon
Holly I figured you would tell her where to buy one or loan her yours!!
OP
@dezziebear avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 400

Hooked
@dezziebear avatar
MP3 400
UTC quote
hollybry wrote:
I wear Bohn Armor underneath my jeans. You cannot tell that I even have them on.
If I don't have the Bohn Armor, then I will wear the Icon strap on knee/shin protector called Field Armor. When i get to where I am going, I can easily take them off and put them in my top box or under the seat.
I always have a jacket/gloves/helmet on too. These items can be put in the top box or seat. Or, just take them in with you to work.

Edit to add that I also wear Icon boots. They are stylish enough that I just leave them on. No need to swap out for other shoes.
Way helpful! Thanks!
OP
@dezziebear avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 400

Hooked
@dezziebear avatar
MP3 400
UTC quote
Re: Question for the Ladies
Ufudu wrote:
Did you just call it a trike???
Lol, yup! I joke around calling it a tricycle or trike.

lady_n_red: Too funny! I love it. Get that choker!
@canopus avatar
UTC

Addicted
Mp3 500

Addicted
@canopus avatar
Mp3 500
UTC quote
Remember that technical threads like this one, are always better with pictures...

Don't hesitate to document all the process, detailed pictures are always welcome Razz emoticon
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
hollybry wrote:

Icon makes a strap on? Wha? emoticon

Who'd a thunk it?
OP
@dezziebear avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 400

Hooked
@dezziebear avatar
MP3 400
UTC quote
Ha! Laughing emoticon
@hollybry avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@hollybry avatar
UTC quote
mpfrank wrote:
hollybry wrote:

Icon makes a strap on? Wha? emoticon

Who'd a thunk it?
I know where to get ALL the good toys!
And, I don't loan out my spiked leather collar to just anyone. Ponydrvr and Stickyfrog are the only two that I have allowed the wearing of the collar. And they had to be REAL good boys....
@canopus avatar
UTC

Addicted
Mp3 500

Addicted
@canopus avatar
Mp3 500
UTC quote
hollybry wrote:
Ponydrvr and Stickyfrog are the only two that I have allowed the wearing of the collar. And they had to be REAL good boys....
Pictures !!!!

Popcorn emoticon
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
canopus wrote:
hollybry wrote:
Ponydrvr and Stickyfrog are the only two that I have allowed the wearing of the collar. And they had to be REAL good boys....
Pictures !!!!

Popcorn emoticon
Well ok but just this one.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@honeybadger avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500 (2) MotoGuzzi California 1400

Molto Verboso
@honeybadger avatar
MP3 500 (2) MotoGuzzi California 1400
UTC quote
Here's a Stcky collar. Um, wait. That doesn't sound right.
@alexb avatar
UTC

Addicted
2008 MP3-500

Addicted
@alexb avatar
2008 MP3-500
UTC quote
[Answering on behalf my wife]
DezzieBear wrote:
...Do any of you ride your trike as a primary vehicle?...
>Yes
DezzieBear wrote:
...how do you handle the transition from safety gear to street clothes?...
>Put riding clothes (jacket, chaps, gloves, glasses) in top case (swapping with purse carried there), and helmet on exterior helmet lock. The case and lock are custom accessories.
> Typically carry a "T-Bag" on passenger seat, which is also a huge benefit in terms of storage space.
>When hubby is along (on his bike), he sometimes carries extra clothes on his bike for everyone.
DezzieBear wrote:
...What safety gear do you wear when going to meet a friend for dinner, for example? ...
> (AGAT)AllGearAlltheTime... riding jacket, chaps, gloves, helmet, glasses
DezzieBear wrote:
...Any tips? How do we keep our sexy?!? ...
> Bandana atop your hair, prevents "helmet hair"
> Tie up your pony tail, if so equiped
> Hubby says that pretty much all guys think a woman in black leather is sexy ...eg Do not have to be a girly girl to be attractive.

ps: As offered earlier, you really need to contact my wife Lisa, to discuss riding!!!
@lady_n_red avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2009 MP3 500ie "The Bug"

Enthusiast
@lady_n_red avatar
2009 MP3 500ie "The Bug"
UTC quote
Changing times
canopus wrote:
Remember that technical threads like this one, are always better with pictures...

Don't hesitate to document all the process, detailed pictures are always welcome Razz emoticon
lmao
OP
@dezziebear avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 400

Hooked
@dezziebear avatar
MP3 400
UTC quote
Thanks, Alex!

Hey Gents, I don't recall us ladies asking for pics on YOUR clothing posts. Oh wait, yeah that might get kinda gnarly. lol!

Laughing emoticon
@alexb avatar
UTC

Addicted
2008 MP3-500

Addicted
@alexb avatar
2008 MP3-500
UTC quote
DezzieBear wrote:
..Hey Gents, I don't recall us ladies asking for pics on YOUR clothing posts. Oh wait, yeah that might get kinda gnarly. lol!

Laughing emoticon
Sounds like a Dare... Go ahead a start a thread for dat! Popcorn emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0238s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0089s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]