OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa 90

Lurker
Vespa 90
UTC quote
I have a 1964 Vespa 90 that has been in the family since 1964. No one uses it now and I am turning my garage into a room so I will soon lose a place to store it.

My question is... If I sell, it, what would I expect to get for it? (Back in 1985 someone offered me $3000 for it, but now it looks like they are selling for less.) Is it worth getting it running/shiny before selling it? If I don't want to sell it for sentimental reasons, is there a way to keep it outdoors (it would be on nothing firmer than wood boards) that will keep it in good condition?

Here are the specs: Mileage 66029

Body: V9A1T *8092*
Engine: V9A1M *7980*

Front says Vespa 90, Piaggo
Frame below seat says Piaggo & C. Genoa
Back of seat says Aquila Made in Italy

Double seat

Red, no rust

Front horn grill says CA 6V IGM0920KMA BACHEL - L20 Genova

Has not been started in 5 years.

Gas tank was replaced/enlarged in 1992.

Has partial parking decal from 1964 Hanscom Field, MA, as well as 1960's flower-power decals in good condition.

I can post pictures but it's rather dusty at the moment.

Top part of plastic covering the rear light is broken
Some of the rubber strips on the footboard are missing.

I appreciate any thoughts anyone has about this!
@xkrebstarx avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1966 Bluebadge, 1974 Super 150

Molto Verboso
@xkrebstarx avatar
1966 Bluebadge, 1974 Super 150
UTC quote
Re: 1964 Vespa 90 - advice requested
Erika123 wrote:
I have a 1964 Vespa 90 that has been in the family since 1964. No one uses it now and I am turning my garage into a room so I will soon lose a place to store it.

My question is... If I sell, it, what would I expect to get for it? (Back in 1985 someone offered me $3000 for it, but now it looks like they are selling for less.)
Pictures would be your best bet.

Just for reference, I saw two 1964 v90's this summer in NJ...

One was non-running, all original, in good shape, and without a title. The seller was asking $850 for it.

The other was all-original, running, in good shape, and without a title. The seller was asking $2000.

I didn't think either was a particularly good deal.
Quote:
Is it worth getting it running/shiny before selling it?
I would say no... unless you can do the work yourself or know someone who can help you. The RoI probably isn't there.
Quote:
If I don't want to sell it for sentimental reasons, is there a way to keep it outdoors (it would be on nothing firmer than wood boards) that will keep it in good condition?
I wouldn't try this, but maybe others have different ideas. The humidity, especially in MD, wouldn't be good in the long run.
Quote:
I appreciate any thoughts anyone has about this!
If I were you, I'd either love+ride it OR sell it to someone who will love+ride it.
@spiderwebb avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@spiderwebb avatar
UTC quote
'64
stock
good OG paint
running
all electrics working
titled

1800 tops
more like 1200.oo

keep and enjoy it
putting around doing 35mph is OK at times

get another for tuning fun
UTC

Addicted
SS208, SX250 , RD's and a K1300s and an RZ350 and TZR250

Addicted
SS208, SX250 , RD's and a K1300s and an RZ350 and TZR250
UTC quote
Please tell me that is only supposed to be six thousand miles...Holy shit, 66K miles on a 1964 90 (let's say at an average speed of 30mph, but I bet that is even high!) is 2200 hours of riding. That's 91 days of riding all 24 hours. Even on the most used P200's, it is rare to see a speedo in the 30K miles region!! Hell, I am even surprised the speedo continued to function that long!
⬆️    About 1 year elapsed    ⬇️
OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa 90

Lurker
Vespa 90
UTC quote
Thank you!
I am so sorry that I did not post a reply all those many months ago when you guys were so nice as to answer my questions. I really appreciate your time. What really sticks with me is "If I were you, I'd either love+ride it OR sell it to someone who will love+ride it." that really got me thinking. (And after many months of doing nothing, I'm hoping that it will soon get some love!)
@dcunited4life avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
No moar Vespas...sold them all

Molto Verboso
@dcunited4life avatar
No moar Vespas...sold them all
UTC quote
Erika, hope you see this....Check out the Turnbulls Scooter Club. THey are in DC and good people. They can point you in the right direction to get this thing running....

Just an FYI I almost bought a Vespa 90 in a yard sale....$250, and actually glad I didn't get it. My knuckles hurt just thinking about small frame Vespa's (not much room inside to work on them).
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0114s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0056s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]