@mike_holland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2023 Beige

Ossessionato
@mike_holland avatar
UTC quote
My GTS now has a Bitubo front shock and Brembo gold calipers, and with the vintage red of the sooter, the bright red of the shock and the other black and chrome and gold bits, it looks a mish-mash! I am totally envious of Jumper John's beautiful setup, with the Zelioni shock, wheels, etc, and want to improve the looks of my front suspension.

I thought my simplest and cheapest option would be to have the Bitubo shock spring chromed, to get rid of the mismatching red colour. Does chroming affect the performance of the spring in any way?

I might also get a chromed metal suspension cover to replace the dull black plastic one.

Any other suggestions?

Mike
OP
@mike_holland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@mike_holland avatar
UTC quote
OK, here are some pics to show what I am talking about.

First, the Zelioni shock with the Brembo calipers. No, this isn't Jumping John's scooter. This one has the brake hose/bleeder valve the wrong way around.
[URL=http://s25.photobucket.com/user/MikeHolland/media/Zelionishock_zpsf822d12b.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

Then my one which is put to shame by the above one -

[URL=http://s25.photobucket.com/user/MikeHolland/media/Bituboshock_zps817a6b6d.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

See what I mean? It would help if the Bitubo side cylinder was parallel to the shock, instead of leaning out.

So aesthetically, the Zelioni is vastly superior to the Brembo, but I can't comment on their relative performance. Anyway, I am looking for a cheaper solution tan replacing my shock.

Mike
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
UTC quote
Purposeful
Mike Holland wrote:
OK, here are some pics to show what I am talking about.

First, the Zelioni shock with the Brembo calipers. No, this isn't Jumping John's scooter. This one has the brake hose/bleeder valve the wrong way around.
[URL=http://s25.photobucket.com/user/MikeHolland/media/Zelionishock_zpsf822d12b.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

Then my one which is put to shame by the above one -

[URL=http://s25.photobucket.com/user/MikeHolland/media/Bituboshock_zps817a6b6d.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

See what I mean? It would help if the Bitubo side cylinder was parallel to the shock, instead of leaning out.

So aesthetically, the Zelioni is vastly superior to the Brembo, but I can't comment on their relative performance. Anyway, I am looking for a cheaper solution tan replacing my shock.

Mike
The reservoir cylinder on the BiTubo is canted outwards to prevent it from contacting/cracking the front mudguard in a hard braking situation.

Not a terribly great design IMO (I returned to OEM a couple years ago.)
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0137s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0041s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]