OP
@beachpinko avatar
UTC

lx 150

@beachpinko avatar
lx 150
UTC quote
So why is it, only moderators of this site can post a review in the review section.......... Sounds like our moderators have a Hitler complex.

This is my review of a product. This is not your opinion.

I travel approx 30 miles a day to make it to and from work. And do most of my running around and errands on the Vespa.

So I just got my hands on the Prima Tall wind screen.

My review.

I am 5 ft 9 inches tall. I can now sit up straight just like the doctor tells you to. The wind stream hits me just above the half hemet. No more ringing ears after driving to work. Today I went for a ride in the 50 degree temperature range and did not need my normal wind breaker/ heavy coat. I was perfectly comfy. Here in the Orlando area my speed ranges are between 20 mph in the neighborhoods and 50 mph in the city streets. I can take the choice to hit the highways at 55 mph but usually choose not to. The windscreen at speeds of 50 mph had a slight deflection/ wind chatter. It did slow the lx 150 down by approx 4 mph at the top end. ( As per gps) I am fine with that. The wind is off my chest. I am not gritting my teeth and my cheeks are not flopping in the wind my ears don't hurt. The most important, My eyes never watered.

The install was quite painless, took a total of 20 minutes. NOTE: There is a great thread here on modern Vespa on how to install a Prima windscreen. I followed it to the T but made some changes on my own. Thank you to that author! I coated all the dissimilar metals in a goodie called Teff-Gel. A product I have used in the marine/yachting world that has never let me down. It was recommended that I wrap the expansion bolts in Teflon tape. Same, Same- different product. Notice my photo's. The wind screen is advertised at 15 and a half inches. I have raised it up to the max after 3 adjustments riding to and from work 2 different times. ON MY DAY OFF. Imagine that. Product testing. $114.00 and no shipping fees. I will not tell you who I bought this from, THEY ARE ALL CROOKS. I have been researching ALL and any possibilities. Sitting on the scooter in the street with a 100 foot tape measure stretched out. And another one on the headlight trying to figure out the perfect height. Notice the photo's. At 40 years old, I imagine I will no longer grow. I am on the way down.

Vespa put out a tall wind screen at 200+ dollars. Which I hear is superior construction. I took a moment and polished the Prima wind screen components with a high quality chrome polish. Then cleaned, lubricated and thread locked all possible components. If the Prima chrome gives out prematurely. You will be the first to know. Thank you for reading. Now for the picture thread.

I give this product 7 out of 10. If it ever breaks. I will invest in the Vespa Tall windscreen. Then cut it down. ........If I need to cut down the Vespa 21 inch TALL wind screen down 5.5 inches, do you think they will charge me less. Doubt it.
The new wind screen installed. With a 60 mile ride and multiple adjustments.
The new wind screen installed. With a 60 mile ride and multiple adjustments.
Notice the depth of the wind screen rod  after I found the sweet spot. Keep in mind 5'10'. Sitting up like the Doctor tells you to.
Notice the depth of the wind screen rod after I found the sweet spot. Keep in mind 5'10'. Sitting up like the Doctor tells you to.
At max adjustment. I am up to 16 and 1/2 inches. Sorry Euro's...Do the math.
Perfect amount for me. For anyone taller go with the more expensive Vespa wind screen TALL. Then cut it down.
At max adjustment. I am up to 16 and 1/2 inches. Sorry Euro's...Do the math. Perfect amount for me. For anyone taller go with the more expensive Vespa wind screen TALL. Then cut it down.
At max adjustment notice the ackward gap around the head light.
At max adjustment notice the ackward gap around the head light.
Yes, I did hit my head on the wind screen getting off of stand......Learning curve.
Yes, I did hit my head on the wind screen getting off of stand......Learning curve.
I do feel a large push of air thru the gap above the head light. I might call it A.C. in the summer.
I do feel a large push of air thru the gap above the head light. I might call it A.C. in the summer.
Just a look.
Just a look.
@davelx avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2016 Piaggio BV-350

Molto Verboso
@davelx avatar
2016 Piaggio BV-350
UTC quote
Thanks for the review.

You seem a bit angry at the start of it though....!

Chill dude, we're all one big happy family here..
@inchvale avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT125

Hooked
@inchvale avatar
2006 GT125
UTC quote
Great post.
I don't want to be picky but I think the gap around the headlight is a little big ? I don't think the screen is designed to sit this high over the headlight, both for aesthetic reasons, and practical reasons of air rushing through the gap. Also, having it up that high renders the hand protection pretty obsolete?
I think if the screen has to ride that high, perhaps a bigger screen would have been a better option.
I'm not saying I have cracked the windshield issue, but here is a photo of the OEM mid size screen that I recently fitted- I'll take a measurement from the headset to the top of the screen to compare. Having said that, I am only 5'6" so it it fantastic for me
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
A good review and excellent photos. Not sure why it was coupled with such terse attitude. We are mostly a pretty friendly and constructive bunch here.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
UTC quote
Re: Lx 150 with new Prima tall wind screen review
beachpinko wrote:
So why is it, only moderators of this site can post a review in the review section.......... Sounds like our moderators have a Hitler complex.

[topic2331]
@capitano avatar
UTC

Addicted
ET4 Pre-Leader 125 "Velocipede" '92 Honda C90 Cub '97 Yamaha 600 Diversion

Addicted
@capitano avatar
UTC quote
With the similar Vespa screen on an ET4, with a lower profile headlight there isn't so much gap. That said, until it was pointed out I wouldn't have noticed the gap on yours, aesthetically.

That screen at that height, was perfect for wet/wind protection and kind to the hands too. I'm 6' for reference.

[URL=http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/gedsfamilyphotos/media/odds/DSCF2133.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]
OP
@beachpinko avatar
UTC

lx 150

@beachpinko avatar
lx 150
UTC quote
Once again. Not about my attitude. Just a no nonsence review. Sorry if I came off terse. What ever that means. Check out my posts...beachpinko. They got attitude. I like you Capitano!!!
OP
@beachpinko avatar
UTC

lx 150

@beachpinko avatar
lx 150
UTC quote
Here is the latest look.
Wind shield bag.
Wind shield bag.
This wind screen is worthy so far. Big plans in the worx. Check back soon.
This wind screen is worthy so far. Big plans in the worx. Check back soon.
@khaosaming avatar
UTC

Addicted
Peugeot Citystar 200i, Vespa PX 200

Addicted
@khaosaming avatar
Peugeot Citystar 200i, Vespa PX 200
UTC quote
Thanks for the review. It's very detailed and worthy of reading. Your LX looks nice. Good work.

Maybe you should request your review be moved to the Reviews section. I think we as readers and members of the community would like to see it there.
@capitano avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@capitano avatar
UTC quote
beachpinko wrote:
I like you Capitano!!!
I'm quite fond of myself too, occasionally!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0215s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0117s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]