@aussiekas avatar
UTC

Hooked
Honda Forza 300 2014

Hooked
@aussiekas avatar
Honda Forza 300 2014
UTC quote
which begs the question....what's wrong with Mississippi?

Least number of overall bikes and the least number per person.

Also SD stands out for 1 bike per 12 people...there are some clear differences between the South and North Dakotas!
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
Aussiekas wrote:
which begs the question....what's wrong with Mississippi?
The answer to that one could be a very long discussion.
@thewasp avatar
UTC

Hooked
Yes, I am a scooter model

Hooked
@thewasp avatar
Yes, I am a scooter model
UTC quote
Motorcycles popular? Anywhere?

I think not!!
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
this is for road registered bikes only. does not take into account the off road bikes that ALOT of folks own and ride.

Then you have Mississippi where they don't care to register the road bikes and just ride, totally unfair numbers for those folks.
@vespizzare avatar
UTC

Addicted
Customized 2006 LX150 Thunderbolt the Wondercolt

Addicted
@vespizzare avatar
UTC quote
I just knew California would be #1. The southern half especially has a lot of people and a 12 month riding season.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
Vespizzare wrote:
I just knew California would be #1. The southern half especially has a lot of people and a 12 month riding season.
Hmmm, you must have missed something there. California ranked a surprising #43 for per capita ownership of motorcycles. I was surprised they ranked so low.
@aviator47 avatar
UTC

2006 PX 150 & Malossi Kitted Malaguti Yesterday (Wife's)

@aviator47 avatar
UTC quote
Dooglas wrote:
Vespizzare wrote:
Hmmm, you must have missed something there. California ranked a surprising #43 for per capita ownership of motorcycles. I was surprised they ranked so low.
The per capita figures are much more indicative of "popularity", and are quite different in ranking from the raw numbers. The top 10 in per capita are definitely not "sunshine states". #3 on raw numbers, TX, is #48 in per capita.
@willo avatar
UTC

Hooked
2005 ET4 150

Hooked
@willo avatar
2005 ET4 150
UTC quote
Neat Stuff Wha? emoticon
@vespizzare avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@vespizzare avatar
UTC quote
Aviator47 wrote:
Dooglas wrote:
Vespizzare wrote:
The per capita figures are much more indicative of "popularity", and are quite different in ranking from the raw numbers. The top 10 in per capita are definitely not "sunshine states". #3 on raw numbers, TX, is #48 in per capita.
I should think that that "you" missed something, like what I plainly said. Who said anything about per capita? Maybe there's something in the numbers where a higher population guarantees a low "per capita." California could have a low "per capita" number while at the same time a person is likely to see more bikes every day than one would in a less populous setting, no? I just meant there are a lot of bikes out here. And there are.
@aviator47 avatar
UTC

@aviator47 avatar
UTC quote
Vespizzare wrote:
Aviator47 wrote:
Dooglas wrote:
Vespizzare wrote:
I should think that that "you" missed something, like what I plainly said. Who said anything about per capita? Maybe there's something in the numbers where a higher population guarantees a low "per capita." California could have a low "per capita" number while at the same time a person is likely to see more bikes every day than one would in a less populous setting, no? I just meant there are a lot of bikes out here. And there are.
You said "The southern half especially has a lot of people". Bringing the size of the population into the equation begs addressing the per capita rate. California may indeed have a lot of people, but a smaller proportion of those people have motorcycles than in 47 other states. A higher number of people "guarantees" a lower per capita only if those people choose to own a disproportionately lower number of motorcycles.
@rider33 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@rider33 avatar
GT200
UTC quote
Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota all in the top ten on a per capita basis. I think it's like convertibles: you don't need one where the weather is always nice, you need one where nice weather is more of a rarity so you can better take advantage of it. 'Interesting piece,
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
They don't even have Hawaii on their map. We'd win if they did scooters for Hawaii tho. What's up with SD? They have more deer than people so of course it's going to be number 1. Laughing emoticon Interesting stats tho.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0146s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0050s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]