@jzorn avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie

Enthusiast
@jzorn avatar
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie
UTC quote
Found a GTV300ie for sale and was wondering if anyone knew if one can get a full windshield for it as well as a Top Case in Portofino green? I did not see any on Scooterwest. Also maybe a side stand has the full stand now. Seems to be in pretty decent condition and is only a few miles from me so thought about upgrading from my GT200 to the GTV300ie, but prefer the two options at least to make life a bit more comfy. Has quite a bit more pickup than the GT200 and for two overweight riders would be a plus. Not sure on the split seat design but could live with it I guess. Thanks in advance for input.
@xstntl avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTV 300

Hooked
@xstntl avatar
GTV 300
UTC quote
Re: GTV300ie Questions on windshield and Top Case
jzorn wrote:
Found a GTV300ie for sale and was wondering if anyone knew if one can get a full windshield for it as well as a Top Case in Portofino green? I did not see any on Scooterwest. Also maybe a side stand has the full stand now. Seems to be in pretty decent condition and is only a few miles from me so thought about upgrading from my GT200 to the GTV300ie, but prefer the two options at least to make life a bit more comfy. Has quite a bit more pickup than the GT200 and for two overweight riders would be a plus. Not sure on the split seat design but could live with it I guess. Thanks in advance for input.
ScooterWest does have the top case:
http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_pageCCS=t#page=/item_details/GTV-Original-Vespa-Top-Case---Portofino-Green/5484
OP
@jzorn avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie

Enthusiast
@jzorn avatar
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie
UTC quote
Thanks not sure why I did not see it before and thanks. Any comments on windshields. Found the Vespa Tall and also there was a Bondi tall and also I think a Cuppini tall. Any comments on them and easy of installation?
xstntl wrote:
jzorn wrote:
ScooterWest does have the top case:
http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_pageCCS=t#page=/item_details/GTV-Original-Vespa-Top-Case---Portofino-Green/5484
@xstntl avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTV 300

Hooked
@xstntl avatar
GTV 300
UTC quote
jzorn wrote:
Thanks not sure why I did not see it before and thanks. Any comments on windshields. Found the Vespa Tall and also there was a Bondi tall and also I think a Cuppini tall. Any comments on them and easy of installation?
I don't have any experience with a screen other than the small stock one, but take a look at this thread:

Vespa "GTV" all in one place

...and you can check with those peeps that have a similar setup as what you are looking at. There are more than a few people with top cases and large screens on their GTVs.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
jzorn wrote:
Not sure on the split seat design but could live with it I guess. Thanks in advance for input.
I certainly think a GTS/GTV 300 would feel like a significant upgrade from your present GT200. The GTV is very similar to a GTS or GTS super. The main differences are a different instrument cluster, the headlight on the fender, and the leather two piece seat. You pay a premium for those features. If you like them - great. If the GTS or GTS super model with the one piece seat works as well for you, you can save a few dollars by going that direction.
@sharpcolorado avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 GTV 300 & LXV 150

Ossessionato
@sharpcolorado avatar
2012 GTV 300 & LXV 150
UTC quote
Here are a few pics of the GTV with wind screen and top case. LXV pictured also.

I chose the tall windscreen, and the GT/GTV case for both scoots.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@dugw avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 GTV 250

Hooked
@dugw avatar
2009 GTV 250
UTC quote
i went with a Cuppini tall last fall (hey that rhymed) from scooter west. i was afraid i would have to cut it down but it worked out great. i thought about the cuppini mid for summer. installed fast and without another hand. it does not look too tall at all (again). seems sturdy at higher speeds. not sure if it will be too warm in the summer because it blocks out most wind. that is why the thought about a mid size this summer. if you need a picture let me know.
OP
@jzorn avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie

Enthusiast
@jzorn avatar
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie
UTC quote
Do you find the 2 piece seat comfortable? How about the rear passenger, the seat seems to be sort of small?
Dooglas wrote:
jzorn wrote:
Not sure on the split seat design but could live with it I guess. Thanks in advance for input.
I certainly think a GTS/GTV 300 would feel like a significant upgrade from your present GT200. The GTV is very similar to a GTS or GTS super. The main differences are a different instrument cluster, the headlight on the fender, and the leather two piece seat. You pay a premium for those features. If you like them - great. If the GTS or GTS super model with the one piece seat works as well for you, you can save a few dollars by going that direction.
OP
@jzorn avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie

Enthusiast
@jzorn avatar
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie
UTC quote
If you could please post a couple of pics would be great that way I could see the difference between the Cuppini and the Vespa windscreens please. Thanks.
dugw wrote:
i went with a Cuppini tall last fall (hey that rhymed) from scooter west. i was afraid i would have to cut it down but it worked out great. i thought about the cuppini mid for summer. installed fast and without another hand. it does not look too tall at all (again). seems sturdy at higher speeds. not sure if it will be too warm in the summer because it blocks out most wind. that is why the thought about a mid size this summer. if you need a picture let me know.
@sharpcolorado avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 GTV 300 & LXV 150

Ossessionato
@sharpcolorado avatar
2012 GTV 300 & LXV 150
UTC quote
A photo comparison of crash bars, should you be shopping for this protective mod.
OP
@jzorn avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie

Enthusiast
@jzorn avatar
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie
UTC quote
yes I would be. I put the top left on my GT200. Found it a tad tough to install but once on it was nice. Which do you (or others) think gives the overall best protection (not that it would be dropped but it does happen). (from experience on a rental and EUR200 later
sharpcolorado wrote:
A photo comparison of crash bars, should you be shopping for this protective mod.
@sharpcolorado avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 GTV 300 & LXV 150

Ossessionato
@sharpcolorado avatar
2012 GTV 300 & LXV 150
UTC quote
I believe Vespa OEM bars will provide the best protection for you, along with the best looks, and the largest debit from your pocketbook. 8)
OP
@jzorn avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie

Enthusiast
@jzorn avatar
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie
UTC quote
LOL Large is good right
sharpcolorado wrote:
I believe Vespa OEM bars will provide the best protection for you, along with the best looks, and the largest debit from your pocketbook. 8)
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
jzorn wrote:
Do you find the 2 piece seat comfortable? How about the rear passenger, the seat seems to be sort of small?
I prefer the one piece seat. In fact, I prefer the flatter one piece seat on the GT200 most of all . The problem with the two piece seat is not so much for the passenger. It limits the position options for the rider. The leather is also somewhat slippery and tips toward the front, causing the rider to slide forward. Some address this by raising the front of the seat with washers. But, hey, that two piece leather seat certainly looks great!
@dugw avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 GTV 250

Hooked
@dugw avatar
2009 GTV 250
UTC quote
cuppini tall
i did add a couple of shaft locking collars on the stems to keep the brackets from creeping upward. i was afraid to over tighten the screws in the windshield.
cuppini tall
cuppini tall
cuppini
cuppini
cuppini
cuppini
cuppini
cuppini
OP
@jzorn avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie

Enthusiast
@jzorn avatar
BSA 650, GT200, GTS300ie
UTC quote
Re: cuppini tall
Thanks looks pretty straight forward. Appreciate the extra effort on this.
dugw wrote:
i did add a couple of shaft locking collars on the stems to keep the brackets from creeping upward. i was afraid to over tighten the screws in the windshield.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0315s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0192s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]