Hooked
Yellow GTS

Hooked
@touchton avatar
Yellow GTS
UTC quote
TN_Sooner wrote:
touchton wrote:
For regular fried chicken I hear Gus' in Memphis is one of the best. They have a location in Nashville now so I'll have to try it.
Thad
Gus is good - I recommend it (Nippers Corner). I need to get to Princes soon.
I had lunch at Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken today. That's some fine fried chicken! This may very well be the best restaurant fried chicken I've had.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Hi touchton, if you're from Tennessee and say it's great, well I'll bet it is.

Is the place an all you can eat restaurant? What was served with the fried chicken?
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain

Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
UTC quote
robertsfun wrote:

Is the place an all you can eat restaurant? What was served with the fried chicken?
It's not all you can eat. You can order pieces or tenders. Sides are the normal you'd see in the south, Mac n cheese, baked beans, cole slaw, fries, etc. take your cholesterol med and come on down!
@touchton avatar
UTC

Hooked
Yellow GTS

Hooked
@touchton avatar
Yellow GTS
UTC quote
TN_Sooner wrote:
robertsfun wrote:

It's not all you can eat. You can order pieces or tenders. Sides are the normal you'd see in the south, Mac n cheese, baked beans, cole slaw, fries, etc. take your cholesterol med and come on down!
I had the 3 piece white dinner. It came with baked beans and cole slaw. The cole slaw is mayo based, but not swimming in mayo. There were 2 breast pieces and a wing. The sides were good, but the chicken was great.

I can't see ordering tenders at a place like this. I'm sure they're good, but I grew up eating chicken off the bone. My grandparents lived on farms in South Georgia. The chickens we ate there were chickens we knew. I assumed the chicken I was eating was the slowest chicken that morning. As a kid we were served airplane chicken; just wings and landing gear. I'm sure it's a combination of the way the birds were raised and the recipes used that made that fried chicken so good. I think my biggest failure as a parent was not teaching my daughter to eat chicken off the bone. She grew up eating tenders. She thinks is barbaric to eat meat off a bone. Poor child.

To me, tenders are a whole different category. Not a 'classic' like fried chicken, pizza, hot dogs, or hamburgers. Since I do lower myself to eat tenders from time to time, I will say the best ones I've had in the Nashville area are at Sam's Sports Grill in Hendersonville. I'll bet the ones at Gus's are good too though. I just don't see myself ordering them there.......

Thad
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0229s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0150s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]