@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Done this on many vehicles in the past but oddly this is the first time on an MP3. Pretty much followed BravoTwoFour nicely done Wiki article Mp3 500 / Fuoco Engine Coolant and Hose Clamp Replacement . The bleed was pretty easy. Used a 4 foot length of gas trimmer fuel line. Had to chew the end a bit to get it over the nipple but it stayed on nicely. Took a little longer than I thought. I opened and closed the bleeder nipple a few times. Seemed to help.

Here is a quick video for anyone that has never seen it in action. And yes that is a green coolant called Coolanol. It is carried by Cycle Gear and it is the same stuff the guy that owned it before me used. Not sure if it conflicted with the OEM coolant as far as additives go but I figured it would be better to continue with it instead of going back. I did flush the system twice with distilled water.

Gap in the brake lever made a nice hose holder. :)
Gap in the brake lever made a nice hose holder. :)
In other news. Found these lead weight strips on ebay. 15 lbs. Most are 1/4oz. They have been stripped of tape and are dirty but could be cleaned and add some 3m tape. If not they will make great black powder balls. Soft lead.
In other news. Found these lead weight strips on ebay. 15 lbs. Most are 1/4oz. They have been stripped of tape and are dirty but could be cleaned and add some 3m tape. If not they will make great black powder balls. Soft lead.
@bravotwofour avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now

Ossessionato
@bravotwofour avatar
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
UTC quote
Glad the wiki article was of help. I'm need to use it again myself here soon.
OP
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Yeah it is well done. Great work and thanks for it. I did notice though that your images are all linked to photobucket. If that link ever changes or photobucket goes away all of your great pics will disappear too.

May I suggest uploading all of those pictures directly to the discussion page associated with your wiki article. Mp3 500 / Fuoco Engine Coolant and Hose Clamp Replacement Then just replace the photobucket links with MV links. This way the pics will reside on the MV server so the links will never change. I can help with this if you would like.
@fentonfred avatar
UTC

Addicted
2009 Piaggio MP3 250

Addicted
@fentonfred avatar
2009 Piaggio MP3 250
UTC quote
Just curious, would it be the same procedure for my 250?
OP
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
I believe so but I am not sure where the bleeder valve is on the 250. Maybe someone will chime in.
@fentonfred avatar
UTC

Addicted
2009 Piaggio MP3 250

Addicted
@fentonfred avatar
2009 Piaggio MP3 250
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
I believe so but I am not sure where the bleeder valve is on the 250. Maybe someone will chime in.
No worries there, I found the bleeder valve. If the rest is the same that would be great.
@bravotwofour avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now

Ossessionato
@bravotwofour avatar
'09 Mp3-500 - Gone Now
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
I did notice though that your images are all linked to photobucket. If that link ever changes or photobucket goes away all of your great pics will disappear too.

May I suggest uploading all of those pictures directly to the discussion page associated with your wiki article. Mp3 500 / Fuoco Engine Coolant and Hose Clamp Replacement Then just replace the photobucket links with MV links. This way the pics will reside on the MV server so the links will never change. I can help with this if you would like.
Early on I was posting photos directly to MV but there is (or perhaps was?) a limit as to how much graphic data could be uploaded. Was pretty easy just to use third party hosting and provide a link. I understand the potential limitations but it is easier and unlimited this way. However, good point on pics for the wiki article; they should be on the same server. When I can find the time to address it I will do so and put the pics on the MV server.

. . . .
OP
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
BravoTwoFour wrote:
stickyfrog wrote:
I did notice though that your images are all linked to photobucket. If that link ever changes or photobucket goes away all of your great pics will disappear too.

Early on I was posting photos directly to MV but there is (or perhaps was?) a limit as to how much graphic data could be uploaded. Was pretty easy just to use third party hosting and provide a link. I understand the potential limitations but it is easier and unlimited this way. However, good point on pics for the wiki article; they should be on the same server. When I can find the time to address it I will do so and put the pics on the MV server.

. . . .
That will be great. I know there is an upload quota indicator but I don't think it ties to any real limit.
@fentonfred avatar
UTC

Addicted
2009 Piaggio MP3 250

Addicted
@fentonfred avatar
2009 Piaggio MP3 250
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
BravoTwoFour wrote:
stickyfrog wrote:

. . . .
That will be great. I know there is an upload quota indicator but I don't think it ties to any real limit.
I recall having to use Flickr in the past because MV wouldn't let me post the pics I took. I don't remember if it was the file size or the resolution, but I did have issues.
OP
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
FentonFred wrote:
stickyfrog wrote:
BravoTwoFour wrote:
stickyfrog wrote:

. . . .
I recall having to use Flickr in the past because MV wouldn't let me post the pics I took. I don't remember if it was the file size or the resolution, but I did have issues.
Yeah it used to be that a picture had to be no larger than 800 X 600 pixels but that has changed. Jess added auto resize code so now anything too large is reduced for presentation on a thread.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1044s ][ Queries: 10 (0.0933s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]