@louswheel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
150 Sprint Veloce, RE Meteor 350

Molto Verboso
@louswheel avatar
150 Sprint Veloce, RE Meteor 350
UTC quote
I'm looking for a couple of legal copies of Office 2010, for my partners 2 girls, who are in 6th form.. I checked software4students, and they have a copy of Office 365 with 2 licences for £52.98 - a good deal, until I noticed that you have to be in Uni to qualify..
So, I checked out ebay and came across this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Office-Home-and-Student-2010-3-Users-PC-On-Sale-Free-P-P-/291034579199?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item43c30340ff
3 licences for only £27.99??? how can that be? surely iffy copies here, as I've never come across such cheap office software!
Graham
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Hmmm two things maybe.

First it looks like it could be an "educational" version which are only sold to teachers and educational staff. They are not intended for resale unless the buyer is in education. Usually, people will notice and start reporting these auctions. If that is what it is of course.

Second I am surprised ebay is letting this go. Last time I tried to sell licensed software on ebay they informed me that a piece of computer (like a hard drive) had to be included. Didn't make sense but that's what they said.
@coco66 avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa PX 125

Hooked
@coco66 avatar
Vespa PX 125
UTC quote
there are loads of free office suites available

http://www.kingsoftstore.co.uk/kingsoft-office-freeware.html

or

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

both are compatible with microsoft office
@jeepmandan avatar
UTC

Hooked
1985 T5, 1978 50 Special, 1985 Honda Elite 150, 1965 Honda C100, 2007 Vino 125

Hooked
@jeepmandan avatar
1985 T5, 1978 50 Special, 1985 Honda Elite 150, 1965 Honda C100, 2007 Vino 125
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
Hmmm two things maybe.

First it looks like it could be an "educational" version which are only sold to teachers and educational staff. They are not intended for resale unless the buyer is in education. Usually, people will notice and start reporting these auctions. If that is what it is of course.

Second I am surprised ebay is letting this go. Last time I tried to sell licensed software on ebay they informed me that a piece of computer (like a hard drive) had to be included. Didn't make sense but that's what they said.
Microsoft used to patrol it pretty heavily. They usually want the OEM versions to be bundled with a piece of hardware, but the retail versions are fine.

Might be some sort of "system builder" install also. I'm guessing you'll get a burned copy of a DVD and a typed product key sticker for install.
@sharpcolorado avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 GTV 300 & LXV 150

Ossessionato
@sharpcolorado avatar
2012 GTV 300 & LXV 150
UTC quote
louswheel,

To end all problems of licenses, product codes, copies, compatibility, and also to allow cloud services at no extra charge, I chose to do this:

Office 365

I think it is a good deal.

$100.00 US covers 5 PCs and 5 mobile devices.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
All UK educational establishments (and government departments, come to that) should be happy with the use of OpenOffice instead of MS Office. It's the 'right price' as well.
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
sharpcolorado wrote:
louswheel,

To end all problems of licenses, product codes, copies, compatibility, and also to allow cloud services at no extra charge, I chose to do this:

Office 365

I think it is a good deal.

$100.00 US covers 5 PCs and 5 mobile devices.
Unfortunately, it covers them for only one year.

I do not like OpenOffice for reasons that don't really matter here, but if you need a suite, especially a PowerPoint replacement, OoO is your best bet. I use AbiWord for rtf editing, and an older version of Spread32 as my sole spreadsheet, though I have looked at a portable version of Gnumeric, which hasn't crashed on me.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
Hmmm two things maybe.

It varies. I've sold copies of Office that I "won" at various events and was asked for a picture of the box to verify it wasn't OEM - which requires some piece of hardware or NFR - not for resale such as from the MS company store where I've had the occasional opportunity to shop where prices are insanely good.

MS has run some Office 365 subscription bargains lately. Also in the US students can qualify for Home & Student which is very reasonably priced but excludes Access and Outlook.

FWIW, I've tried Open Office, Quick Office and several other open source or lower cost alternatives and didn't like any of them so keep going back to MS Office. Eventually I'll probably switch over to Office 365 since it lets me use one license on both my Mac & PC. Don't have to worry about it on my Surface RT since Office is part of the RT OS, again it is the version without Outlook or Access but you don't need that on the RT devices anyway.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0184s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0086s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]