UTC

Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'

Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
UTC quote
ugh, i'm shivering just reading this

my skiing base layers (tights, top, socks) are excellent for wearing under motorcycle gear when it's cold. 'technical' fabrics will keep you much warmer than cotton - if you were riding at those temperatures in jeans no wonder you were freezing!

good luck with the new setup, although i'd have gone with insulated overpants rather than a lap apron if you're doing highway speeds - the apron can flap and get pretty drafty.
OP
UTC

Hooked
2009 250 GTS Super

Hooked
2009 250 GTS Super
UTC quote
genie wrote:
good luck with the new setup, although i'd have gone with insulated overpants rather than a lap apron if you're doing highway speeds - the apron can flap and get pretty drafty.
I had thermals + armored jeans + windbreaker over pant, for the most recent ride up.

I will be doing highway speeds but I heard the Termoscud's air bubble design does a very good job of keeping flap down. Either way, the termoscud will still be nice for the casual early morning / late night ride.
@turkman avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 GTV 250

Ossessionato
@turkman avatar
2009 GTV 250
UTC quote
Heated gear
Your GTS will handle it fine. A heated jacket liner and a Pair of heated gloves controlled with a Thermost will be perfect.

Less extra shit to carry with you. All the main brands are good and generally will work with each other. The warmth, lack of extra crap to wear, and ease of operation make it a Worth while purchase! If wires bug you there's now self contained heated garments that operate on there own power source/battery.

We have been using heated gear since the middle 1970s. Honestly really don't under stand how bikers/ scooters tour or go on long rides without heat unless you Live in sunny southern California......and then you need it if you venture out on a trip.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
Turkman wrote:
Honestly really don't under stand how bikers/ scooters tour or go on long rides without heat unless you Live in sunny southern California......and then you need it if you venture out on a trip.
But the OP does live in sunny Southern California.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0158s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0082s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]