OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
Piaggio mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1312
Location: Longview,Texas 75604
 
Molto Verboso
Piaggio mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1312
Location: Longview,Texas 75604
UTC quote
Riding in dark (for first time)Thurs evening I noticed my bright light reminder on the odometer was intermittently cutting off and back on. I tried the search engine for a problem but could find none. Any ideas. bike is a 2009 mp3 500, 16000 miles.
@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4308
Location: Marietta, GA
 
Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 4308
Location: Marietta, GA
UTC quote
Re: head light intermittently cutting off and on
Phillip..P. Smith wrote:
Riding in dark (for first time)Thurs evening I noticed my bright light reminder on the odometer was intermittently cutting off and back on. I tried the search engine for a problem but could find none. Any ideas. bike is a 2009 mp3 500, 16000 miles.
I would remove, and check your connections...
Also check the handle bar switch, mabye something intermittent going on.

Keith
Marietta, GA
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22531
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22531
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
UTC quote
your title say headlight but your post is about tail lights.

taillights I would replace or repair both switches at each master cyl.
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
Piaggio mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1312
Location: Longview,Texas 75604
 
Molto Verboso
Piaggio mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1312
Location: Longview,Texas 75604
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
your title say headlight but your post is about tail lights.

taillights I would replace or repair both switches at each master cyl.
(copy of title post)
head light intermittently cutting off and on


You been in the Christmas Joy Juice OAD or is your dyslexia kicking in!!
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22531
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22531
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
UTC quote
Phillip..P. Smith wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
your title say headlight but your post is about tail lights.

taillights I would replace or repair both switches at each master cyl.
(copy of title post)
head light intermittently cutting off and on


You been in the Christmas Joy Juice OAD or is your dyslexia kicking in!!
well I screwed that up now didn't I.

maybe a corroded switch
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
Piaggio mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1312
Location: Longview,Texas 75604
 
Molto Verboso
Piaggio mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1312
Location: Longview,Texas 75604
UTC quote
I hope not because I filled that thing up with dielectric grease!
@cubsking99 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Yamaha Vino 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2714
Location: Geneseo, IL (Quad City area)
 
Ossessionato
@cubsking99 avatar
2007 Yamaha Vino 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2714
Location: Geneseo, IL (Quad City area)
UTC quote
Is it just the idiot light that's not working, or are you having problems with the actual bulbs as well?

Have you done a both lights mod?
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
Piaggio mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1312
Location: Longview,Texas 75604
 
Molto Verboso
Piaggio mp3 500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1312
Location: Longview,Texas 75604
UTC quote
CubsKing99 wrote:
Is it just the idiot light that's not working, or are you having problems with the actual bulbs as well?

Have you done a both lights mod?
No Mod

Have not had time to check it yet!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0131s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0047s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]