OP
@norcal_rider avatar
UTC

MP3 500

@norcal_rider avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
Well, a couple weeks ago I began some modifications to the MP3 500. I have only owned this machine for a few months and have really enjoyed it so far. But I knew there were a couple of things that I wanted to do to make it suit me better. The first thing was the new seat. The bike came with a Madstadt windshield, so that was taken care of. Then I decided that I wanted to add a better horn, heated grips, and a couple of electrical outlets for accessories. I didn't think that anyone had taken the machine apart before but I found out otherwise. Closer inspection found a cracked front body panel, bent brake lever and all of the tabs (ALL THE TABS!) had been broken off the right front body panel, two screws were not the correct ones and a body clip was missing.
After a couple of deep breaths and exclamations I got over the surprise and resumed work. I added two extra circuits on relays and chose a Stebel horn to occupy one circuit and added a Powerlet socket to the other. Additional wires were run and reserved for a GPS. I chose Oxford grips and surface mounted the controller on the left side of the dash.
In the meantime Buggy Parts NW got their stock order of Dr Pulley parts, so I placed an order for 17g sliders and horseshoes. These guys are great to deal with, offer good prices and shipped my stuff promptly.
I got my second surprise when I went to remove the belt housing and found two of the Phillips heads stripped out (I mean completely rounded out!) After some drilling and use of extractors I got my Dr. Pulley parts installed today along with a 3mm washer modified with a little in shop patience. Luckily all other parts were in good shape since the bike has only 2300 miles on it. Thanks to BubbaJon for the PDF that provided the guidance to the install. A short ride this afternoon yielded very positive results!
The rumor is that Santa will be bringing a box from DDM Tuning to finish off my first round of farkels.
I'll be placing an order to AF1 to get the proper replacement hardware.
@funkymonkey avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500

Molto Verboso
@funkymonkey avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
Quote:
Well, a couple weeks ago I began some modifications to the MP3 500. The bike came with a Madstadt windshield, so that was taken care of.
If your scoot came with the Madstad windshield. How do you like it?

I'm guessing that you have ridden your scoot now?
OP
@norcal_rider avatar
UTC

MP3 500

@norcal_rider avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
I'm a fan of the Madstad system. Its great components and simple design offers a huge amount of adjustability. That range allows the owner to try many different angles and heights without having to shell out any additional money. Windscreen height is a very personal choice and I like the ability to tailor the protection to my style of riding. In my case, I needed to make an adjustment after changing my seat. A simple loosening of four screws allowed for the needed change.
YMMV
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0103s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0034s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]