@sanogeo1 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Red Mp 3 500

Molto Verboso
@sanogeo1 avatar
Red Mp 3 500
UTC quote
, Ice storm has got several more of my trees. Back and front yard. Took me about 1 year to clean up from the last one about 5 years ago. Then took 2 years to cut and haul off from the fire that got 10 or 12 of my trees. Just got it done last summer. Now this. Cannot get Sandy's car out of the garage, huge limbs against house, almost as big around as me. Some damage. Will have to replace gutter. Also huge limbs across drive way. People next door got it worse than me. I am feeling old and tired and ready to give up on my yard. Used to look like a park, now looks like crap. Soon as the ice melts I'll have to start all over again on the clean up. Guess I'll go buy a couple of new chains saw blades or whatever you call em. Good news is I just got a pole saw a few weeks ago on sale . Wind is getting worse tonight, may lose a few more limbs, or so the weather man said on TV. We got over 1 inch here in Norman. Trees down everywhere.
UTC

Enthusiast
Gilera Fuoco 500

Enthusiast
Gilera Fuoco 500
UTC quote
So sorry to read your post,must have been devastating for you.I hope the weather has quietened and you will find the strength to get by.
When I lived in the UK many folks close to the rivers got flooded only to move back in after repair and the same happened again.
Thinking of you and your neighbours.
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain

Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
UTC quote
Wow. Bad stuff. Hang in there George.
@afishynado avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 250

Hooked
@afishynado avatar
MP3 250
UTC quote
I hope the worst is over for you. Up here, we have downed trees and power lines, cancelled flights, black ice ... 250,000 people without power.

Here's the view from outside my house ...
poor willow tree ...
poor willow tree ...
@hollybry avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 Piaggio MP3 250 (sold) and 2009 MP3 400 (sold) 2011 CanAm Spyder RSS

Molto Verboso
@hollybry avatar
UTC quote
Oh George. Sorry to hear that....
Wish I could help...
OP
@sanogeo1 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Red Mp 3 500

Molto Verboso
@sanogeo1 avatar
Red Mp 3 500
UTC quote
Update,
Did not wait for it to melt. Person down the street I've only spoke to a few times, they are very quite people that keep to themselves, anyway he and his son saw me and Sandy trying to chain saw that mess, came down and started helping without me asking. We all got it cleared out where we could get out the front door and also get out Sandy's car from the garage. There is still a mess but at least we can get out now. Others came up asking if they could help, but we had the worst done and were too cold to continue. We just got back from taking Earl and his son out to dinner. I just saw on the news how bad it is in the N.E. part of the U.S. Seems Mother nature is pissed at all of us Whew emoticon Fishy did you lose your power. Last ice storm, about 4 or 5 years ago we lost ours for 6 or 7 days. We had a generator and shared it with some of the people close enough to us. It gave them a little power. everyone around us has fireplaces that helped a little. We have a bigger generator now. Last time most of Norman lost power from 3 to 7 days. Now they keep the trees trimmed better over the main power lines. Only about 7 thousand lost it this time in Norman. A lot more in other city's close to us.
@hollybry avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@hollybry avatar
UTC quote
Neighbors helping neighbors!
Good stuff!
OP
@sanogeo1 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Red Mp 3 500

Molto Verboso
@sanogeo1 avatar
Red Mp 3 500
UTC quote
Hi Holly
@afishynado avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 250

Hooked
@afishynado avatar
MP3 250
UTC quote
Re: Update,
sanogeo1 wrote:
Fishy did you lose your power. Last ice storm, about 4 or 5 years ago we lost ours for 6 or 7 days. We had a generator and shared it with some of the people close enough to us. It gave them a little power. everyone around us has fireplaces that helped a little. We have a bigger generator now. Last time most of Norman lost power from 3 to 7 days. Now they keep the trees trimmed better over the main power lines. Only about 7 thousand lost it this time in Norman. A lot more in other city's close to us.
We lost power for about 8 hours yesterday, but now on. Most of my neighbours haven't been as lucky though and have been without for almost 2 days now. Many are dropping by to warm up. We city folk are ill prepared for these conditions.

Good luck with your cleanup.
@funkymonkey avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 500

Molto Verboso
@funkymonkey avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
George, how you doing with that clean up?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0131s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0052s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]