@camper avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
lx150

Molto Verboso
@camper avatar
lx150
UTC quote
Like Chevy Chase's Classic movie "Christmas Vacation" we try to have the perfect family celebration. Then people true to their real nature are still people and have trouble being perfect.

We have 10 adults coming over with 6 children four and under. The house has been prepped to remove friction points to minimize flare ups.

I wish there was a way to "lock" the situation like we have locked threads but my wife will not let me have the power not will the little ones believed they are locked.

Who will play the part of crazy cousin Eddie this year??? I have already asked for forgiveness. The wifey and I are greatful that the grand puppies are not coming... Couldn't take an episode of Snots choking on a turkey bone under the table!

The best to you and yours whatever you celebrate this season and may you all just get along without visits from your local swat team. They need a day off too.
OP
@camper avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
lx150

Molto Verboso
@camper avatar
lx150
UTC quote
One rental car while parked was backed into....not by me
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC quote
camper wrote:
One rental car while parked was backed into....not by me
And the fun begins...
@drweside avatar
UTC

Addicted
BV 350

Addicted
@drweside avatar
BV 350
UTC quote
Where's my stogey?
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
DRWeside wrote:
Where's my stogey?
Clearing the room?
OP
@camper avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
lx150

Molto Verboso
@camper avatar
lx150
UTC quote
One grand child tossed her cookies in the car 2 1/2 hr in a 5 hour ride.
Don't worry it is a Jeep it can take it.

One grand child was advised to eat or else and what else more tossing cookies on carpet (in house).

Only finished one bottle of wine.

Once we broke out into spontaneous singing interpreted by the unloading of three cans of silly string.

And an unrelated 11 year old showed up..... all are welcome
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC quote
Nobody really remembers a flawless Norman Rockwell holiday gathering. It's the deviations from the norm - the throw ups, the broken china, the fights, the uninvited guests, the awkward announcements, etc. - that become cherished family lore.

It's fine to strive for perfection, but it's the the holiday equivalent of a blooper/out-take reel that we look back on with nostalgic fondness when we reminisce about family get-togethers.

At my grandmas funeral we spent most of the time sharing stories of her outrageous holiday behavior (e.g. The time she shocked my, then fiancé, by taking out her dentures and using them to spread the butter on her bread). Those strange moments are the human essence that we remember years later with tears on our cheeks.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
Treppenwitz wrote:
At my grandmas funeral we spent most of the time sharing stories of her outrageous holiday behavior (e.g. The time she shocked my, then fiancé, by taking out her dentures and using them to spread the butter on her bread). Those strange moments are the human essence that we remember years later with tears on our cheeks.

Mrs. Fledermaus comments..."What a grandma!"

Spot on, Trepp... it's the exceptional that's remembered. My grandfather was a larger-than-life character. He behaved at Christmas, but loved to pull out his partials (false teeth) to shock his grandchildren. (Also offered then chewing tobacco as candy). Much loved because of/despite his antics.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0117s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0019s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]