@mammamonkey avatar
UTC

Hooked
"Karma" GTV 300ie

Hooked
@mammamonkey avatar
"Karma" GTV 300ie
UTC quote
I am lying in bed on my iPhone. It's 9:41 pm in California. I've been sick for the last 3 days, terribly tired and no appetite. I had to work every day despite how crappy I've felt.
As I was getting ready for work today (I'm a waitress), a skin growth on my nose started bleeding and wouldn't stop. I mean literally wouldn't stop. I called in late to work. Finally, after squeezing it so hard it bruised, it stopped and I finished putting on my makeup.
When I got to work, a manager asked me if I was ok and I lost it. Long story shorter, they sent me home.
I've been home with my sick 13 year old and my 8 year old. My poor 8 year old, he's so excited for Santa to come, and I can barely keep myself together.
Then, I hopped on MV. I saw the pics of my Christmas gift for the gift exchange. The recipient commented on the beautiful card...it's a photo of a plumeria from my grandmother's garden. I am an avid photographer and loves taking pictures while in Kauai visiting my grandmother. She passed away a few months ago at the age of 94.
I am the woman who does everything, the woman who does most of it very well. I am strong, I keep going. But right now I suffering. I feel like I'm failing at everything. I am quite simply overwhelmed. And in the world of fight or flight, I am instead frozen.
But all is not lost, I know it won't last. This too shall pass. That's one of the joys of getting older! The wisdom to know this!
So in the middle of the self loathing and the pity party, I remember that my children are in the next room--my cousin lost one of her 3 year old twins weeks ago after a routine tonsillectomy. My husband just got home--his heart stopped a year ago at the age of 39 and a pacemaker makes sure it doesn't happen again! And I have my friends here at MV, with whom I share bits of life, the downs and the epic rides.
People say it all the time, MV is a special place. It sure has been for me.
Wishing you all a very happy holiday, whichever you celebrate.
Lisa
@vespasfw3 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650, 2023 Honda Trail 125.

Ossessionato
@vespasfw3 avatar
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650, 2023 Honda Trail 125.
UTC quote
Best wishes for brighter days ahead for you and your family. MV is a special place!
UTC

Hooked
2009 250 GTS Super

Hooked
2009 250 GTS Super
UTC quote
Lisa, you are the shit. You are so much more courageous and stronger than i am it is amazing. The way you push like that is inspirational! Hopefully i will be at your level some day. Don't ever stop, things will turn for the better and you will be back on top of the world again!
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300

Addicted
GTS 300
UTC quote
Merry Christmas, Lisa. I'm praying for you.
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Make every day count. And may every day be a little better than the one before.
@ashbrook avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550

Ossessionato
@ashbrook avatar
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
UTC quote
You seem like a good decent person and you will bounce back soon. Big hugs from across the ocean xxx
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
Lisa,

So sorry you're having a crappy time. I'm guessing it's worse being smack in the middle of the holiday season. We all crash at some time....partially self-inflicted (pushing too hard, or whatever), partly chance...illness, whatever. Part of life is dealing with all that stuff. Definitely not the "fun" part. Sometimes we just need to crash and recover.

Sounds like you ultimately have a handle on things. Most of all, you are who you are, which is pretty good stuff. I hope things get better quickly, get some rest and enjoy your family.
@hachi avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2005 GT 200

Ossessionato
@hachi avatar
2005 GT 200
UTC quote
Thanks for sharing that. Hang in there knowing that you are appreciated and loved. It IS good to count your blessings and let your thoughts be on good things.
UTC

Molto Verboso
portofino green GTV 300

Molto Verboso
portofino green GTV 300
UTC quote
Hang in there Lisa,it will get better. Huggs coming your way.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
Hang in there. Please see a DR and tell them your symptoms. Nurse here,retired but once one always one. Some periods are harder in life but we get thru these. I always think their are people who have it way worse than me when i'm down about my health problems. Makes me feel lucky. Hang in and am routing for you. I saw that card and thought it was from here. They sell those cards here. Is that you? Merry Christmas my friend.
@karlu avatar
UTC

Hooked
'12 Kymco People GTi300, '06 Yamaha Morphous,'10 Vespa GTS300s

Hooked
@karlu avatar
'12 Kymco People GTi300, '06 Yamaha Morphous,'10 Vespa GTS300s
UTC quote
A Bad Day
MammaM

As you said, this too shall pass, but damn, it sure is tough when you're going thru it! Just know that we here on MV are pretty good listeners.

I hope your Christmas goes well, certainly for your 8 year old...it's been so many years since we had an 8 year old around it's difficult to remember, but I'm sure he was super excited this morning!

And, after having your Christmas you could plan on a happy New Years, and after that, maybe a minute or so of "whew."

All my best to you and your family this year...Merry Christmas!

karlu
las cruces, nm
@wmak avatar
UTC

Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon

Moto Giro Titan
@wmak avatar
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon
UTC quote
Bless your heart! And you still find time to share with others. I hope you get to feeling better soon!
@strick avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 Ducati Multistrada 950S

Ossessionato
@strick avatar
2021 Ducati Multistrada 950S
UTC quote
Thank you for being so frank and honest Lisa. Keep fighting the good fight and we are rooting for you. Happy Holidays and may 2014 be a fantastic year for you and your family! Sending you big hugs!
@knight_train avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2017 BMW R1200GS and 2010 Vespa GTS 250 (shared)

Ossessionato
@knight_train avatar
2017 BMW R1200GS and 2010 Vespa GTS 250 (shared)
UTC quote
Each day has its own challenges and each day has its own victories. Each step forward is an advance. Each obstacle overcome is its own success.
Everyone has your virtual back and everyone is in your corner rooting you on.

I've been drinking. I get very poetic when I've been drinking.

Best to you.
@ckaiserca avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2013 GTV 300 ie "Victoria" Concept 2 Model D "River of Pain"

Molto Verboso
@ckaiserca avatar
2013 GTV 300 ie "Victoria" Concept 2 Model D "River of Pain"
UTC quote
Lisa,

I am keeping you in my prayers.

Merry Christmas.
@tommylittlescooter avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV200, P200E (2),V90 and now a Big Ruckus

Molto Verboso
@tommylittlescooter avatar
BV200, P200E (2),V90 and now a Big Ruckus
UTC quote
Be well and Merry Christmas
@al_davis avatar
UTC

Banned
Buddy 150

Banned
@al_davis avatar
Buddy 150
UTC quote
Knight Train wrote:
Each day has its own challenges and each day has its own victories. Each step forward is an advance. Each obstacle overcome is its own success.
Everyone has your virtual back and everyone is in your corner rooting you on.

I've been drinking. I get very poetic when I've been drinking.

Best to you.
Yup. I love some people on this forum. Some people I can take or leave.

I'll try my best ...

I cannot take or leave, those who slither along my sleeve.

I find most to be extraordinary.

It is the brave. The ones who dare to tell the darkest truths.

This is when their true selves come out.

True love.

Those fearless souls have a seat at my table, and we shall raise a glass to those poor souls who have not found true love.
@scooterraton avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2 - Many

Ossessionato
@scooterraton avatar
2 - Many
UTC quote
I have had a bit of a rough time in my personal life the last few months..work, medical, etc.

I have done many things to help other people over the years. My first instinct was to tough it out and handle everything myself, after all...I'm a tough guy...but it was too much for me.

I had to remember that life is a give and take. I think I have done my share of giving and remember that when in trouble it is OK to ask for and accept help...in other words to take.

So call a friend, find a support group, join a bowling league...what ever works. As the first line of The Road Less Traveled says "Life is difficult."...but it is also a wondrous thing!
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
I loved you from the start. You can write in full sentences and express yourself. Do not let this trivial things get in the way. As one MV member here said it once and it shall be repeated again: Future is the key word. What has passed has passed. It's is going to be alright. Just alright!
@still_shifting avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Chetak

Ossessionato
@still_shifting avatar
Chetak
UTC quote
As it is now after Christmas and at least that stress is over may we hope you are better, stronger some what recovered? you are in many MV forum members thoughts and prayers. Best R
UTC

UTC
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
OP
@mammamonkey avatar
UTC

Hooked
"Karma" GTV 300ie

Hooked
@mammamonkey avatar
"Karma" GTV 300ie
UTC quote
Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. I tried my best to be okay with today not being "perfect." At work, I let people help me. I laughed and smiled and then had a beer with my co-workers after work. It was a good day.
Merry Christmas, everyone.

(Mods, feel free to lock 'er up)
UTC

UTC
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
@aviator47 avatar
UTC

2006 PX 150 & Malossi Kitted Malaguti Yesterday (Wife's)

@aviator47 avatar
2006 PX 150 & Malossi Kitted Malaguti Yesterday (Wife's)
UTC quote
MammaMonkey wrote:
(Mods, feel free to lock 'er up)
Unfortunate that you had to make this prudent request, which has been honored.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0150s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0050s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]