OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa ET4

Lurker
Vespa ET4
UTC quote
Hi

I've got a Vespa ET4 125 CC and I am having a problem with my battery not charging. I have no experience in Vespa maitenance and when I was replacing my battery for a brand new one, I have accidently unplugged the wires in (I believe) the starter relay. I have kinda guessed the right place of the cables and was riding my Vespa all normally until few days later my battery has died and the scooter wouldn't start. I think that I havent connected the starter relay back on propely and it is causing my battery not to charge/die. I have no idea which cable goes where. I have tried looking at the wiring diagram but the colours on it are completely different apart from one cable which is black. Any help, tips, information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here are the pictures to show you what I mean.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@fabio_dougie avatar
UTC

Scooter Pimp

Scooter Pimp
@fabio_dougie avatar
UTC quote
Trace where the wires in your scooter go to...then you will know by comparison to the wiring diagram what they are, then label them with the relay connection numbering system 30,85,87 etc etc
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0127s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0069s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]