OP
UTC

UTC quote
I'm looking for the stickiest tyre available for a vespa gts. Wear of tyre should not be taken into account, just the stickiest tyre in dry and wet weather combined.

I was thinking pirelli diablo, heidenau k61, metzeler feelfree, michelin power pure. Other suggestions are welcome. So please tell me which one is the best, don't care about the mileage.
@drscooter avatar
UTC

Addicted
2007 GTS 250ie 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 803 2005 Sportster 883XL 2010 GTS 300ie

Addicted
@drscooter avatar
2007 GTS 250ie 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 803 2005 Sportster 883XL 2010 GTS 300ie
UTC quote
My advice is probably pretty worthless as tires are new and have just around 100 miles, it is winter, so my riding is limited. However, the reviews I read to get to this point and go ahead and purchase were very good, especially the evaluation on wet grip. I purchased the Michelin "City Grip". They do feel very good just off the cuff, don't know if they are really what you are looking for not pegged as high performance. Reviews are very positive about wet and dry grip and good milage wear is a good thing, now for racing, well .......... Nerd emoticon
@dailyrider28465 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Mia Dolce II 2017 GTV 300, Ragazzo Vespa 946, Il Pazzo BV 350, & Mia Dolce GTV 250 -sold-

Molto Verboso
@dailyrider28465 avatar
Mia Dolce II 2017 GTV 300, Ragazzo Vespa 946, Il Pazzo BV 350, & Mia Dolce GTV 250 -sold-
UTC quote
I rode City Grips 5,500 miles on my BV 350 and have had Power Pures on my GTV for about 2,000 miles. I like both but I'm not that aggressive in the turns to evaluate 'sticky' for anyone else.
⚠️ Last edited by DailyRider28465 on UTC; edited 1 time
@hachi avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2005 GT 200

Ossessionato
@hachi avatar
2005 GT 200
UTC quote
If I were to guess I would think than the Pirelli would be stickier that either of the Michelins. From what I've gleaned the Diablo is the replacement for the gts23(front) and the gts24(rear) which were fitted to my scooter from the factory. Judging by tire wear the Pirelli gts24 was to the wear bars at 3,650 miles while the 1st Michelin City Grip that I replaced it with on the back took 7,700 miles to get to the wear bars. I would think that the Pirelli is softer and stickier. I still run a Pirelli gts23 on the front because it has a good feel. The 1st Pirelli front tire was replace at about 7,650 miles and still had some tread left. YMMV
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Yep of all the tires I have had Pirelli is the stickiest. If I were going for performance only it would be Pirelli.

The Power Pures were great at first too but they wear funny on the front. The area immediately to either side of the center wears faster than the center which makes the scoot feel like it is falling over in a curve when you apply countersteer. Haven't had one on the rear.

Have a set of City Grips on the way to try.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
Re: new tires for vespa gts
diezel81 wrote:
I'm looking for the stickiest tyre available for a vespa gts. Wear of tyre should not be taken into account, just the stickiest tyre in dry and wet weather combined.

I was thinking pirelli diablo, heidenau k61, metzeler feelfree, michelin power pure. Other suggestions are welcome. So please tell me which one is the best, don't care about the mileage.
the diablo's will fit your requirement perfect.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
DrScooter wrote:
My advice is probably pretty worthless as tires are new and have just around 100 miles, it is winter, so my riding is limited. However, the reviews I read to get to this point and go ahead and purchase were very good, especially the evaluation on wet grip. I purchased the Michelin "City Grip". They do feel very good just off the cuff, don't know if they are really what you are looking for not pegged as high performance. Reviews are very positive about wet and dry grip and good milage wear is a good thing, now for racing, well .......... Nerd emoticon
I currently have the michelin city grips, definitely a good tyre but always looking to improve. I think I will go for the pirelli diablos, they seem to be sticky in dry and wet conditions.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0154s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0069s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]