@danzargo avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Piaggio BV350 ST

Enthusiast
@danzargo avatar
Piaggio BV350 ST
UTC quote
Yet another BV350 gripe. Now my main beam doesn't work when I press the light switch!! The regular beam goes off and the bottom bulb lights up instead of them both coming on at the same time.

When I press DOWN to flash the lights, BOTH bulbs come on but NOT when I hit main beam.

Have emailed the dealer. I've been back so many times now, we're on first name terms!

Anyone else had light switch problems?

Dan
@hernesage avatar
UTC

Hooked
'13 BV350 Black

Hooked
@hernesage avatar
'13 BV350 Black
UTC quote
Uuhhh . . . . that's the way it's supposed to work

From the manual (p. 16)

"Light switch (01_14)

When the light switch «A» is in position «0» the low-beam light is ON; when it is in position «1» the high-beam light is ON. If the light switch «A» is pressed when set to «2», the high-beam light flashing is activated. The switch goes back to «0» automatically."

Hard to tell without the picture but both bulbs are only lit together if you are flashing your high beams in "passing" mode. Otherwise it's one or the other. Of course it would be relatively easy to wire it so the low beams are always on regardless but there is nothing wrong with switch as you describe it.
@waterboysh avatar
UTC

Hooked
2013 BV 350

Hooked
@waterboysh avatar
2013 BV 350
UTC quote
This is how it should work. They both come on when you press down to flash, but if you press up to turn the high beam lights on the low beam bulb turns off.

There was a thread recently where someone wanted both lights to come on when pressed forward and the main concern that was brought up was heat.
@fencing_fan avatar
UTC

Hooked
2018 GTS 300. Montebianco

Hooked
@fencing_fan avatar
2018 GTS 300. Montebianco
UTC quote
Re: BV350 light switch problem
Danzargo wrote:
Yet another BV350 gripe. Now my main beam doesn't work when I press the light switch!! The regular beam goes off and the bottom bulb lights up instead of them both coming on at the same time.

When I press DOWN to flash the lights, BOTH bulbs come on but NOT when I hit main beam.

Have emailed the dealer. I've been back so many times now, we're on first name terms!

Dan
You're griping about something that works perfectly, as designed? The problem is not with the bike. You've been wasting your time and theirs whining about something that is not broken. Possibly, however, the problem is that the dealer doesn't know about the headlight wiring either.

So, to your last question.... no, no switch problems. Not even on your bike.

Isn't that a relief?
@doorbuster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 Piaggio BV 250

Molto Verboso
@doorbuster avatar
2007 Piaggio BV 250
UTC quote
That's the way they are designed to work.

My 07 BV250 is the same. I had to explain it to the DMV examiner when I went to perform the road test for my motorcycle endorsement.

Problem solved.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
UTC quote
factory settings
In our defence men never read manuals unlike the better sex.

Bill X
@hernesage avatar
UTC

Hooked
'13 BV350 Black

Hooked
@hernesage avatar
'13 BV350 Black
UTC quote
I don't know about the "never" part. I usually wing it until something goes wrong (or I have question) and THEN I go to the manual.

I also ask for directions. Razz emoticon
OP
@danzargo avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Piaggio BV350 ST

Enthusiast
@danzargo avatar
Piaggio BV350 ST
UTC quote
Ohhhhhh right! Stupid idiot that I am. I didn't realise this so, thank you to all your replies. I was under the impression that when you hit MAIN beam, the road in front of you was lit far more brightly than with just the normal beam? In my case, there is less "brightness" when I hit main beam. But if that's how it is...that's how it is.

Happy New Year to you all!
OP
@danzargo avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Piaggio BV350 ST

Enthusiast
@danzargo avatar
Piaggio BV350 ST
UTC quote
Re: BV350 light switch problem
Fencing Fan wrote:
Danzargo wrote:

Dan
You're griping about something that works perfectly, as designed? The problem is not with the bike. You've been wasting your time and theirs whining about something that is not broken. Possibly, however, the problem is that the dealer doesn't know about the headlight wiring either.

So, to your last question.... no, no switch problems. Not even on your bike.

Isn't that a relief?
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. happy new year to you.
@doorbuster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 Piaggio BV 250

Molto Verboso
@doorbuster avatar
2007 Piaggio BV 250
UTC quote
Danzargo wrote:
Ohhhhhh right! Stupid idiot that I am. I didn't realise this so, thank you to all your replies. I was under the impression that when you hit MAIN beam, the road in front of you was lit far more brightly than with just the normal beam? In my case, there is less "brightness" when I hit main beam. But if that's how it is...that's how it is.

Happy New Year to you all!
1) You're not a stupid idiot. You didn't know something and asked a question. IMHO the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

2) What do you mean by the road in front of you being lit far more brightly?

Mind you I'm referencing a 6 1/2 year old scooter, my BV, but when on low beam the majority of the light is reflected on the road in front of my scooter not off down the road. I can actually see the shadow of my front fender a couple feet in front of my scooter.

When I switch to high beam the light is directed further down the road and some is reflected high enough to allow me to read street signs about 25 or 30 yards ahead of me. The light doesn't look as bright down in front of my scooter when on high beam, and even almost appears nonexistent when in a subdivision or road with street lights however when out on the open road with no street lights it's apparent that the lighting is more than sufficient to see things close up while allowing me to see what's further ahead giving me more time to prepare what may include possible obstacles that I need to avoid.

I apologize if I sounded condescending in my previous post. It was unintentional.

Happy New Year.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0163s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0054s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]