@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster

Molto Verboso
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC quote
Do you use the Schuberth SRC System for the C3 helmet? If so, the pros/cons of the technology, as well as, placement into the helmet?

I gifted dear one a Sena SMH10 Dual for both of us to use. I read many threads/websites in regards to the Sena. However, there are pros/cons of the Sena for use with the Schuberth helmets.

Any insight is greatly appreciated with use of the SRC System, as well as using the Sena SMH10 with a Schuberth helmet.

Thanks, in advance!
@aviator47 avatar
UTC

2006 PX 150 & Malossi Kitted Malaguti Yesterday (Wife's)

@aviator47 avatar
UTC quote
Can't speak to the SENA with a Schuberth helmet, but I would suggest you compare the specs for the two communicators. SRC is rated 300 meters bike to bike range, while SEMA SMH-10 is rated 900 meters - both being "best case". Nothing more annoying than connection being dropped. If the SENA can be mounted on the Schuberth, dollar for dollar, it's a better system, if not the best on the market.
OP
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC quote
Aviator47 wrote:
Can't speak to the SENA with a Schuberth helmet, but I would suggest you compare the specs for the two communicators. SRC is rated 300 meters bike to bike range, while SEMA SMH-10 is rated 900 meters - both being "best case". Nothing more annoying than connection being dropped. If the SENA can be mounted on the Schuberth, dollar for dollar, it's a better system, if not the best on the market.
Compared those specs - fully understood. The SRC is mounted internally to the helmet, whereas, the SENA is external (hence the delta in range). Though, according to specs, with the SENA mounted externally, it can contribute to "drag," especially on long rides. It does appear and according to another MVer the SENA can be clamped onto the Schuberth ... hence the reason I gifted to dear one ... we do not want to use the adhesive pad.
@gee-bee avatar
UTC

Banned
GTS 300

Banned
@gee-bee avatar
GTS 300
UTC quote
C3
I have the SRC, works well

I have the very rare Carbon Fiber model....

GB
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@david_masse avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS sold, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super (sold) & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)

Ossessionato
@david_masse avatar
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS sold, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super (sold) & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)
UTC quote
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
Aviator47 wrote:
Compared those specs - fully understood. The SRC is mounted internally to the helmet, whereas, the SENA is external (hence the delta in range). Though, according to specs, with the SENA mounted externally, it can contribute to "drag," especially on long rides. It does appear and according to another MVer the SENA can be clamped onto the Schuberth ... hence the reason I gifted to dear one ... we do not want to use the adhesive pad.
I was concerned about drag and wind noise caused by the external unit too.

I can happily report that 9,000 kms later, and a lot of high speed expressway travel, there was no difference at all: no drag, no wind noise from the unit. That's with the SMH10 clamped to a Nolan N102.

I can also vouch for the intercom range. Even with my riding companions out of sight behind me they were coming in loud and clear on the Sena.
@aviator47 avatar
UTC

@aviator47 avatar
UTC quote
I would agree with david. The Sena has not been noticeable to me while riding. I'm not sure what kind of a "drag" problem might arise, and if it is really of concern at typical riding speeds. Airflow around a rider's upper body and head is far from "clean" to begin with, and no matter how "aerodynamic" a helmet may be, it's the total object (helmet, bike, human body) moving through the air mass that has to be considered.

I can't offer enough praise to the Sena's operating controls, which was what first made me lean toward them. Just two "buttons", both very easy to identify and operate with gloves on. Nothing can compare with the ease of their "Jog Button" for volume control, nor the value of being able to set the volume for each paired device independently.

Yes, the clamp is a better mounting choice than adhesive.

But if the Schuberth tickles your fancy, go for it.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0108s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0041s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]