@rusty_rope avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@rusty_rope avatar
Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Need some help designing/sourcing some hand guards that'll fit on my fly. After searching everywhere, it seems impossible due to the handlebars not having bar ends.

The reason I want to do this is because I want something to deflect the wind from my hands without the use of those pathetic muffs. I HATE them things.

I was thinking of either fitting them to the mirror stems, from the brake lever housing or to the fly screen mounts?
The type of result I'm after
The type of result I'm after
Any suggestions?
Any suggestions?
@glasseye avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS, LX, VSD, VSX, VNX, LD 125, Chucky, LI125

Ossessionato
@glasseye avatar
GTS, LX, VSD, VSX, VNX, LD 125, Chucky, LI125
UTC quote
Re: scooter hand guards
Rusty rope wrote:
Need some help designing/sourcing some hand guards that'll fit on my fly. After searching everywhere, it seems impossible due to the handlebars not having bar ends.
I could be wrong but I know the handle bars on my skipper(very much like a fly) were the same bars on a GTS, and those bars have the mount inside the ends for bar ends.

I would bet there is a threaded 6mm hole there.

Worth checking out.

Best of luck with it.

R
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0278s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0171s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]