Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:36 pm

Addicted
2019 BV 350

Addicted
2019 BV 350
Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:36 pm linkquote
This post is only for those really interested in the Mp3 400. Why? It's in Italian.

Step 1. Go here http://www.piaggiomp3isti.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=509
Select and copy scintilla's post.

Step 2. Go here http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
Paste scintilla's post into the translate box. Select "Italian to English". Click on "Translate".

Step 3. Email scintilla's post to an Italian friend who can tanslate it properly.

Step 4. Post the translation on this forum so we can all read it.
Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:44 am

Hooked

Hooked
Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:44 am linkquote
That site won't allow access to its forum unless you register and log in...
Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:56 am

Addicted
2019 BV 350

Addicted
2019 BV 350
Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:56 am linkquote
O.k., you asked for it. Here's what Google Translate says about the 400.

After a week of I use, You place some opinion on the 400. To level of aesthetic on the front part not there is nothing to report. Perhaps visually the Pirelli rubbers render very more regarding Michelin. The gommone from 14" ago beautiful extension on the back and renders more important all together. The trombone that they have put to the place of stock-pot, beyond to being visually beautiful has also a beautiful one "sound" that it is emphasized more to warmth. I have covered 270 Km, have been practically made in all the conditions: water, traffic, city, be them, freeway. The 40 Kg. in more regarding the 250 are felt! Altogether one is had impression of solidity: as I have written in other post seems a "molosso Neapolitan one". In means to the svicola traffic calmly even if, to mine impression, the 250 is more agile. The motor turns well and if it must define it with an adjective, they said ROUND! And' rapportato lengthwise. According to me as the 250 have of the uncertainties when it dulls. It seems to have a hole until 3500 turns: in order to arrive to us "it thinks to us"! It has those two second of uncertainty then and part. From 4500 until 5500 - 6000 from the best: it pulls well and in constant way until stopping itself to 120 Km/H, than second me it is the optimal cruise speed. From 130 in then it continues to go more slowly but. For the smanettoni: for a second I have seen 160 on odometer, then is returned in rodaggio. Saturday I have made a walk towards the lago of Brace. I have covered all the types of road and perhaps it is in gite "outside the door" that appraises the greater power. The thing that more me is piaciuta has been surpasses. Travelling calm to 90 Km hour, from time to time I found some snail and I made the elastic one from 90 120 Km/h. The bugle was felt that it played and the small horses that pulled contents. Me it seems that the support gratti less! In city on the bathed one scoda less, but eye with the throttle of the gas! With the bathed one it succeeds in derapare and on the Saint Pietrini (the not roman Pavè for) sbandiera one to commando! The road estate however remains always optimal like the emergency feeling. The brakes are always efficenti, the advanced weight is felt but. For the long ways, travels outside door or ferie creed that is a lot adapted! If you want to go to make the race bought an other average one because this is not the means adapted. To more if you want to be amused, you can fight with some 250, if it is worth the pain! For the consumptions I do not make text because I have turned for the greater part of the time in citta! I have made the second full and I have put 9,4 liters for 180 km.
Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:28 pm

Molto Verboso
2006 GTS 250ie in Silver

Molto Verboso
2006 GTS 250ie in Silver
Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:28 pm linkquote
jmd wrote:
The trombone that they have put to the place of stock-pot, beyond to being visually beautiful has also a beautiful one "sound" that it is emphasized more to warmth.
You had me at warm trombone!
Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:41 am

Gilera Fuoco 500 (MP3 500 in USA)

Gilera Fuoco 500 (MP3 500 in USA)
Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:41 am linkquote
Re: First Impression MP3 400
Hi guys (hi Micheal), I'm the administrator of www.piaggiomp3isti.com , someone ask me to translate a "Impressions of Mp3 400 by scintilla" then i post here!

Scintilla said:

After a week of utilization I would like to post some opinions about the new MP3 400.

As for the front part, the new MP3 400 doesn't show nothing new compared with the model 250 apart from tyres which have a better look . In the back, the big 14'' tyre gives an important touch of strength.
The exhaust system (I'd like to call trombone ) in place of the pot has a very impressive sound, above all when the engine is hot; moreover the look is more beautiful.
I rode the MP3 for 270 km (170 miles) in the traffic, on the highways, under the rain, in the big towns etc. 40 kg more than the MP3 250 can be felt, but in general you have a feeling of solidity: as I've already written it seems a "Molosso Napoletano (Big Dog). Among the traffic it quietly releases, although the 250 seems more manageable.
The engine turns very well and if you want to define it with an adjective, I'd say "full". And it goes very well in lengthen speed. According to me as the 250 has some uncertainties when it sprouts. It seems to have a hole up to 3500 turns: before this rotation the engine seems that is thinking, but after the 3.500 It has that two seconds of uncertainty and then it starts.
From 4500 up to 5500/6000 it bring the best of itself: it throws well and in constant way up to stay to 120 Km/Hs, that according to me it is the optimal cruising speed. From 130 in then continuous to go but more slowly.
For the "crazy driver":
for a second I have seen 160 on the instruments, then I'have turned to normal speed.
Saturday I have taken a walk toward the lake of Bracciano. I have crossed all the street types and perhaps it is in the trips "out door" that the most greater power is appreciated. The thing that more I liked has been overtaking. Traveling calm to a 90 hourly Km, I sometimes found some snail and I did the elastic one from 90 to 120 Km/hs. the exhaust system (like a trumpet) felt you that played and the little horses that threw happily. It seems to me that the easel scratches less! In the city on the wet, the back part move the tail less, but eye with the handcuff of the gas! With the wet one succeeds to skid and on St. Pietrinis (road not smooth) him burnout to command!
It has ever the big stability on the road, however is excellent and I feel a safety feeling. The brakes are always strong, the superior weight feels however him.
For the long journeys, travel out hands or the vacations I believe that is the perfect scooter!

If you want to go to race... buy another scooter, because it's strong but not very powerfull.
jmd wrote:
This post is only for those really interested in the Mp3 400. Why? It's in Italian.

Step 1. Go here http://www.piaggiomp3isti.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=509
Select and copy scintilla's post.

Step 2. Go here http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
Paste scintilla's post into the translate box. Select "Italian to English". Click on "Translate".

Step 3. Email scintilla's post to an Italian friend who can tanslate it properly.

Step 4. Post the translation on this forum so we can all read it.
Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:31 am

Lurker
Piaggio MP3 250ie

Lurker
Piaggio MP3 250ie
Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:31 am linkquote
Thanks Mariobro!
Now it makes sense but how good it sounds I´ll stick with my 250. I can´t see the need for more power, if so I will go for some other bike.
  DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2021 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0288s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0098s) ][ Debug on ][ 209 ][ Thing One ]