OP
UTC

UTC quote
after my gts 250 has been stood for only a few days it will not start it has had a new voltage regulator, new battery, new spark plug it fires up with jump leads off my car then is back to normal for a few days seems like something is draining the battery? l would appreciate any advice cheers
@leepx125 avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Vespa PX 125

Enthusiast
@leepx125 avatar
Vespa PX 125
UTC quote
I found that I was having battery problems when just driving short journeys as the battery wasn't having a chance to regenerate its charge.

I bought a battery tender and I plug that in every few days. It keeps the battery in tip top shape.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Have you proven to yourself with a multimeter that the battery is being fully charged by the bike? It could still be a weak stator. It could also be a current drain while the bike is switched off - have you any electrical extras added, or had any electrical mods done?
OP
UTC

UTC quote
thanks for the advice I am getting it checked out now. it has not had any electrical modifications so stator could be the problem?
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
frank webster wrote:
thanks for the advice I am getting it checked out now. it has not had any electrical modifications so stator could be the problem?
Could be - a few simple checks with a multimeter will prove it one way or another.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0096s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0025s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]