@bholinath avatar
UTC

Addicted
Rally 200, SS 180, ET3

Addicted
@bholinath avatar
Rally 200, SS 180, ET3
UTC quote
Can i use a rear hub from late px200 on early Rally 200 or early P200 engine?
I have upgraded my driveshaft, gears, nut, crux, etc, etc to the late px gearbox.
Would it just be a matter of swapping the seals to suit the 30mm hub? Or are they quite different?
I have to buy a new hub for another Pinasco 225 engine im building and wondering what the differences are.
UTC

Molto Verboso
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious

Molto Verboso
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious
UTC quote
I just ordered a new hub for my '87 EFL engine and was a bit confused to say the least. I thought it was simply old PX/Rally (27mm) or EFL onwards (30mm). It appears that some time in the 90's, there was a revised EFL, which may or may not be the same as PX200/Disc/MY of later years.

My EFL has a sealed output shaft bearing with an inner oil seal. Thinking that I had the later/latest type, I was ready to buy the 30mm hub. However, my oil seal has the dimensions 27x42x10, which tells me that the shaft diameter and therefore hub type needs to be the 27mm type.

Am I correct, incorrect or just in a Vespa daze?
@sfvsr avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
a lambretta or two

Ossessionato
@sfvsr avatar
a lambretta or two
UTC quote
Yes. Just use the correct seal for the hub. The ID of the seal is what you need to match to hub. The OD of the seals are all the same.
OP
@bholinath avatar
UTC

Addicted
Rally 200, SS 180, ET3

Addicted
@bholinath avatar
Rally 200, SS 180, ET3
UTC quote
So would any (late or early px/rally) hub would fit on any (late/early px) drive shaft, so long as you use the correct oil seal (and hub nut etc) ?

As im using the late type gearbox in early motor block, i would prefer to use the late type hub too, to help avoid any more potential 'rear hub nut coming loose' problems.

I just wanted to check the two hubs are identical (with exception to the 27mm or 30mm sealing face).
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0104s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0028s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]