UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550

Ossessionato
@ashbrook avatar
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
UTC quote
gass wrote:
Hi guys been scootering around a bit. Last week caught up with Mega Mod and Alice at the Scootercafe, Waterloo. Noticed a flier in the window for a rally last weekend. Petticoat Lane, across many London Bridges to the scooter cafe. Went on it. Brilliantly hot day, with about 300 scooters. Every dressed smart and colourful , Tourists loved seeing the blue smoking cheeky horde. Hit a big Gaza demo in Parliament square so the scooters dispersed and in dribs n drabs found their way o the end point. Lots of lovely street food and bars, and a nearby pub laying mod n soul top tunes. This weekend coming, going to the Big & scooter rally near Tonbridge Kent. £15 for a weekend with loads of great, mod, soul, ska bands, for the estimated 1,500 scooterists. I went to their first one 3 years ago. in a pub carpark with one band. Hope to see Megamod and her husband there, and any other Donks that turn up for the rideou or even if they will be camping or BnB ing.
Cheers Gass silver machine gts 250
You going for the whole weekend Gass? Was wanting to roll up on a day pass for Saturday. Would love to catch up with you and any other Skoks.
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'

Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
UTC quote
Bill and I spent the day riding a little tiny train between Hythe and Dungeness with a side trip to Derek Jarman's garden. We'd taken the car because of the threat of thunderstorms in the morning, and on the way home found ourselves trapped in a monster traffic jam that ensued after the M20 was closed due to a lorry fire. After an hour and a half sitting in near-stationary traffic we said 'sod it' and hopped onto the back roads.

Got back to Bill's just in time for me to jump on the scooter back to London in absolutely torrential rain it was coming down so hard between Maidstone and Bluewater that I was worried about my own visibility (I'd expected to be riding home a couple of hours earlier, in the dry), so I tucked in behind a lorry at 60mph and sat tight until it let up a bit. Got home to find that my black gloves had soaked through, dye-transferred to my hands and turned them a fine shade of purple
Birreh!
Birreh!
view of the power station from Derek Jarman's garden
view of the power station from Derek Jarman's garden
Derek Jarman's house and garden
Derek Jarman's house and garden
not Derek Jarman's house. this was a derelict house not far from the train station
not Derek Jarman's house. this was a derelict house not far from the train station
@gass avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 250

Addicted
@gass avatar
GTS 250
UTC quote
BIG 7 rally
Hi I'll go to the Big 7 rally fri, if I finish early enough and if the weather is gorgeous. If not early sat morning. I've got my ticket already. There's usually a ride out, but last time Iwas with them there were only 200 scoots, so don't know if there is one or not. Lovely scenery in te area and decent ale houses.
I'm on 07973 828 423 if you are looking out for me.
Attaching a pic from the Waterloo rally last weekend. bass silvermachine GTS 250
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@huskyteer avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda NC700D Integra

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@huskyteer avatar
Honda NC700D Integra
UTC quote
This rain must have been very local - I've heard lots of horror stories, but not a thing in Sarf London!

I have a nice riding route to Dungeness...
UTC

Ossessionato
X10 350

Ossessionato
X10 350
UTC quote
Huskyteer wrote:
This rain must have been very local - I've heard lots of horror stories, but not a thing in Sarf London!
It's always sunny in Sth London Laughing emoticon
@pepy27 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 White Racing Sixties, 1959 Vespa 150 VBA, 1959 Lambretta Series 2 LI125, 1999 PX200E

Ossessionato
@pepy27 avatar
2021 White Racing Sixties, 1959 Vespa 150 VBA, 1959 Lambretta Series 2 LI125, 1999 PX200E
UTC quote
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new X10 500cc Nerd emoticon
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva

Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
UTC quote
Huskyteer wrote:
I have a nice riding route to Dungeness...
well then, I think we should make a plan Bill and I were thinking how nice it would be to ride down there, and the local pub do a terrific fish 'n chips.

the rain had been lurking around the south coast all day ... we saw clouds gathering on the horizon while we were in Dungeness and the heavens opened there just before we got back into the train to come back to Hythe. It had stopped by the time we got back to Hythe, but by the time we reached Maidstone (two hours later ) it was starting up again. I left just in time to ride straight into it

all the ELAM training must be paying off, though... apart from being a bit uncomfortable due to soaked and freezing hands, I was surprised to find that riding on the motorway in pouring rain didn't bother me at all.
⚠️ Last edited by genie on UTC; edited 1 time
@huskyteer avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda NC700D Integra

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@huskyteer avatar
Honda NC700D Integra
UTC quote
Well, it's Bill's bailiwick and I didn't want to tread on his toes, but if he doesn't mind...(Which pub do you rec? I've been to two and they were both good. The Pilot and the Britannia, I think?)
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva

Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
UTC quote
we went to the Britannia but i'm happy to go to either as long as the food's good. and you always plan terrific routes so i don't think anyone's going to make a fuss if you tread on their bailiwick Razz emoticon
UTC

Ossessionato
X10 350

Ossessionato
X10 350
UTC quote
Cool, Pepy!! Hope you enjoy it.

What with a slew of daughter's friends' birthdays that require presents, a few bulky bits and bobs for me and Mrs BB, and new sleeping bags and mats for the whole family, all of which have been delivered to my work address , I've been using every bit of the X10's storage space over the last few days to ferry them home. I'm also getting very good VFM from my RokStraps.

The only problem I've had on my X10 was that the control for the underseat light ("What's that?" I hear you Vespa riders ask Razz emoticon Laughing emoticon ) went a bit wonky and the light was coming on when the seat was shut. Result: the battery runs down. Problem was "fixed" under warranty, but it began to look as if it was coming back a week or two ago (you can use the "Mode" button so show the voltage reading on the digidash, and I noticed that it was starting to run a bit low on startup). I suppose I could have looked for an LED replacement, but I just took the bulb out instead. The underseat isn't quite so cavernous that you really need a light...
@huskyteer avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda NC700D Integra

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@huskyteer avatar
Honda NC700D Integra
UTC quote
Thank you, genie! Eyelashes emoticon Disclaimer: I nick a lot of routes from LAM.

BB, I replaced the underseat light on the Nexus for this very reason, and, just to be funny, bought a colour-changing LED. One evening I didn't close the seat properly, and returned after dark to find an eerie rainbow effect emanating from under my bike. But it didn't run the battery down
@pepy27 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@pepy27 avatar
UTC quote
I'm keeping my GTV too, the Honda is falling foul of this purchase.
UTC

Ossessionato
X10 350

Ossessionato
X10 350
UTC quote
The possibility of a colour-changing light might incentivise me to look for an LED, Alice. Sounds great. Can you remember where you got it from, by any chance?
@huskyteer avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda NC700D Integra

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@huskyteer avatar
Honda NC700D Integra
UTC quote
I think I got mine from Ultraleds, who don't seem to do them any more. It was probably something like the one near the bottom of this page, though you'd have to check the length (fnarr):

http://www.car-body-kit.co.uk/interior_led_bulbs.html

ETA: let me know if you'd like to combine postage on an order...
UTC

Ossessionato
X10 350

Ossessionato
X10 350
UTC quote
Thanks, Alice. Much appreciated. If I do an order, I'll let you know beforehand.
@gass avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 250

Addicted
@gass avatar
GTS 250
UTC quote
underseat light.
Lights. How about sticking a mini LED camping light to the underseat with some velcro. I use one for my tent, and seat when touring on the scoot. You can see at night wha'ts in the underseat boot then transfer it to the tent, when you've unpacked. No drain on the scoot battery and versatile. Gass. Silver machine gts 250
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Not colour changing but this is what I did with mine. I had purchased a bunch of adhesive backed LEDs for the camp (camp only has solar power) and used some in the pet carrier. They are controlled with a toggle. I am told they can be see from space.

http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-Flexible-LED-Strip-300xSMD3528/dp/B002Q8V8DM

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
UTC quote
scatter
Are they earplugs or cheesypoofs in your pet carrier Sticky ?

Well done on buying the Jetsons cycle Pepy.

Do you want to take it on a real ride later in the year ?

What colour did you go for ?

Bill xxx
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Earplugs. I tend to lose them. In fact, I think I lost the whole bag on the way back from NOLA. At least that's the last time I can remember seeing them.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
total decal
It seems that you forgot about where things ended up in NOLA Sticky.

I'm the same with glasses by the way.

Ridden that Kymco yet ?

Bill x
@pepy27 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@pepy27 avatar
UTC quote
Re: scatter
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill xxx
Going for the white (sorta pearl white/cream I think).
Top box and heated grips. The tomtom nav holder comes as standard.
Looking for delivery on Sept 1st (64 plate)
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
UTC quote
driveway
I'm still not sure about its looks but I think it's a really good decision.

Anyone else looking for an upgrade ?

Bill x
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
No Kymco test yet. The dealer in St. Augustine never responded to my inquiry for an extended test ride.
@louswheel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
150 Sprint Veloce, RE Meteor 350

Molto Verboso
@louswheel avatar
150 Sprint Veloce, RE Meteor 350
UTC quote
Re: scatter
Pepy27 wrote:
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill xxx
Going for the white (sorta pearl white/cream I think).
Top box and heated grips. The tomtom nav holder comes as standard.
Looking for delivery on Sept 1st (64 plate)
Another member, who's turned to the darkest of darkside!
Graham
@dougl avatar
UTC

El Macho
KTM Super Duke 1290, Vespa GTS 300

El Macho
@dougl avatar
KTM Super Duke 1290, Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
5am start for me tomorrow morning. Riding from Belfast to Dublin then catching the ferry to Holyhead. Down the A5 to Shrewsbury and onwards to London. Looking forward to showering my head.
OP
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
Re: driveway
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
I am holding out to keep Modern Vespa....Modern Vespa.

Sheesh, someone's got to do it.... (ably supported by Ash, Genie, Dr Z, Froggie, Gass and a few others holding out...)

Upgrading is for those who just can't take it anymore
@froggieposition avatar
UTC

Thunder Thief
2010 GTS 300 Super & 2015 Kawasaki Concours 1400 ABS
Location: in the blue ridge mountains of Virginia... on the trail of the lonesome pine..."

Thunder Thief
@froggieposition avatar
Location: in the blue ridge mountains of Virginia... on the trail of the lonesome pine..."
UTC quote
Holding out....
OP
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
Oh yes, I think Dungeness is a cool place and I need to go there to see if it is really as cool as I think it is. Nice pics Genie, I like.

PS Family day out at Warwick Castle tomorrow. Rather interested to see the worlds largest medieval trebuchet fling balls of fire into the air....woosh....
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC quote
Pearl of the week on the GTS Owner Club Face book page...

Written above a photo of a brand new 14 plate blue GTS with a shiny new Malossi exhaust on it (same design as the Akra, so probably same spec)

Malssoi fitted buts its loud can u buy anything to make it a bit quieter?

ROFL emoticon OMG I am still completely baffled when people spend £4k on a new GTS, take off £300 worth of brand new exhaust, put on another £300+ worth of aftermarket exhaust (presumably without looking into what it might be like, and we all know Akras are known to be noisy) and then complain about the outcome.

Jeez. Scooterists. Not known for brain cells. Facepalm emoticon
@froggieposition avatar
UTC

Thunder Thief

Thunder Thief
@froggieposition avatar
UTC quote
brown_beret7 wrote:
Pearl of the week on the GTS Owner Club Face book page...

Written above a photo of a brand new 14 plate blue GTS with a shiny new Malossi exhaust on it (same design as the Akra, so probably same spec)

Malssoi fitted buts its loud can u buy anything to make it a bit quieter?

ROFL emoticon OMG I am still completely baffled when people spend £4k on a new GTS, take off £300 worth of brand new exhaust, put on another £300+ worth of aftermarket exhaust (presumably without looking into what it might be like, and we all know Akras are known to be noisy) and then complain about the outcome.

Jeez. Scooterists. Not known for brain cells. Facepalm emoticon
I saw that one.
@ashbrook avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550

Ossessionato
@ashbrook avatar
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
UTC quote
Night ride
Some of my local pals have planned a night ride through London on the 16th of August. Details here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/680383638708839/
or PM me if you fancy a nocturnal urban adventure!
@dr_zoidberg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Ducati Scrambler 800 Nightshift

Ossessionato
@dr_zoidberg avatar
UTC quote
Re: Night ride
ashbrook wrote:
Some of my local pals have planned a night ride through London on the 16th of August. Details here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/680383638708839/
or PM me if you fancy a nocturnal urban adventure!
That sounds like a damn good night out - riding round the city after dark.
@huskyteer avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda NC700D Integra

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@huskyteer avatar
Honda NC700D Integra
UTC quote
DougL wrote:
5am start for me tomorrow morning. Riding from Belfast to Dublin then catching the ferry to Holyhead. Down the A5 to Shrewsbury and onwards to London. Looking forward to showering my head.
What are your onward travel plans? I'll be leaving London around 5 - 5:30PM tomorrow to meet Howard at Petersfield.
@gass avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 250

Addicted
@gass avatar
GTS 250
UTC quote
nightrider
Sonds like my kind of thing. Usually I'm around by the Bar Italia at that time of night. Tricky bit is staying sober on a saturday night. Gass
@dr_zoidberg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@dr_zoidberg avatar
UTC quote
brown_beret7 wrote:
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
I am holding out to keep Modern Vespa....Modern Vespa.

Sheesh, someone's got to do it.... (ably supported by Ash, Genie, Dr Z, Froggie, Gass and a few others holding out...)

Upgrading is for those who just can't take it anymore
Yep, no plans to go non-vespa at the moment.
I know that the BV350 is a better scooter in many respects, but it just doesn't really do it for me.

If Piaggio don't pull their finger out and release a GTS replacement that improves on the current one then my next two wheeled contrivance will end up being a Triumph of some sort.

Or a classic car instead.
@huskyteer avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda NC700D Integra

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@huskyteer avatar
Honda NC700D Integra
UTC quote
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
I know that the BV350 is a better scooter in many respects, but it just doesn't really do it for me.
I think you have to get something you really love, not just the most appropriate/economical beast. The scoot is a luxury for most of us, after all (sure, I commute on mine, but using public transport instead wouldn't kill me).
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva

Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
UTC quote
Huskyteer wrote:
DougL wrote:
What are your onward travel plans? I'll be leaving London around 5 - 5:30PM tomorrow to meet Howard at Petersfield.
I think he'll have to collect me at some point - perhaps the three of us could ride down together? if you don't mind waiting for the slowpoke on the GTS Razz emoticon

note to Zoidberg: this ^^^ is my main reason for wanting something other than a GTS. when we were all on 250cc scooters, speed wasn't really an issue. now that i'm one of the last of the original Skoks to still ride a GTS, i'm very conscious of being the slowest one on some of our rides
@huskyteer avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda NC700D Integra

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@huskyteer avatar
Honda NC700D Integra
UTC quote
If the timings work out, that would be lovely! Meeting Howard at 7ish so we can ride over to my friend's place for the night.

I think you worry too much about being slow. You and your bike are more than capable when speed limits are stuck to - it's only when people start winding it on a bit that the 200s and 250s drop back
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva

Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
UTC quote
on my last training ride, my ELAM instructor told me that i'd have failed my test for speeding on the motorway

was Petersfield where we had dinner last time? i remember realising during dinner that i'd forgotten my glasses and having to borrow doug's reading glasses to do the night ride into Portsmouth, then chasing Howard down a ramp in total darkness at 75mph (which probably felt like walking pace to him Razz emoticon )
@closbos avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX 125

Hooked
@closbos avatar
PX 125
UTC quote
brown_beret7 wrote:
Oh yes, I think Dungeness is a cool place and I need to go there to see if it is really as cool as I think it is. Nice pics Genie, I like.

PS Family day out at Warwick Castle tomorrow. Rather interested to see the worlds largest medieval trebuchet fling balls of fire into the air....woosh....
While you are there, take the dungeon tour. It scared the living shit out of me.....
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0386s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0212s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]