OP
UTC

'15 Primavera 150

'15 Primavera 150
UTC quote
For you electronic hacks/hobbyists...

The Primavera and the ZX636 both got built in garage door openers this weekend. They are wired such that I flash high beam while riding down the drive and the door opens.

To do this you need to obtain a 12V door opener, bind it to your door and test it before doing any modifications. See the circuit diagram below.
* The appropriate door switch is first jumpered such that the door open/close command will be transmitted whenever the opener is powered.
* I did not want to be transmitting my door code continuously whenever my high beams were on so I coupled power to the opener through an experimentally determined 330uF capacitor. I had 16V parts on hand. That or anything greater should be fine.
* The cap needs to discharge when high beam is switched off, so D1 is required to prevent opener power from pulsing negative. The non energized high filament presents the load needed to reset the charge.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

High beam will not pulse without the ignition key on (or engine running with the Primavera) so random individuals fiddling with the bike will not be able to open your door.
After modding the opener I sprayed the board with conformal coat to protect the circuit from condensation. Clear paint would probably do as well. I zip-tied the modded opener to my rear brake cable just off the lever. I punched the ground and high beam (Black and Violet I think) terminals out of the headlight connector and soldered the opener leads there. Re insert contacts, Test, Re assemble and done.

CLB
@oopsclunkthud avatar
UTC

Banned
3:5

Banned
@oopsclunkthud avatar
3:5
UTC quote
Very cool, I've been thinking of adding an opener to one of my scoots and really didn't want an extra button.

edit:
here's some more options (so I can find them when I get ready to do this)
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130652
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
Interesting.. and looks easy.. I checked the link you put up Patrick and I happen to have both the Genie and Sylink remotes exactly like they show..

I've just been carrying the remote in my leg shield bag, but if it's as easy as it looks it may be worth a go..

Thanks guys... I do use the remote pretty much every day so this would be convenient.
@vespigi avatar
UTC

Hooked
'62 TV175, '70 GP-RB250, '74 Rally 200. '03 PX200E

Hooked
@vespigi avatar
'62 TV175, '70 GP-RB250, '74 Rally 200. '03 PX200E
UTC quote
I built one of these for my car a couple years back, works great and very convenient, I read about it on Instructables

http://m.instructables.com/id/Installing-a-Garage-Door-Opener-Wired-to-Motorcycl/

On my Rally I sacrificed the kill button and wired up a gate remote to the button.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0130s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0022s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]