OP
@kimbered avatar
UTC

Hooked
2013 Vespa GTS 300, 2007 Vespa LX150 (sold)

Hooked
@kimbered avatar
2013 Vespa GTS 300, 2007 Vespa LX150 (sold)
UTC quote
Hi,

I placed an order on scooterpartsplace.com back on April 28th. When I submitted the order I immediately received 2 emails confirming my order. I haven't heard anything since.

I've tried emailing them, calling their 866 number (which says it has not been connected yet?), and calling their direct line and left a message.

I've since sent an email canceling the original order and purchased everything I needed from scooterwest.com .

So, I'm just curious.

Kim
@shebalba avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125

Molto Verboso
@shebalba avatar
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125
UTC quote
I poked around the site after reading your post. While their pricing on some things seems compelling, the site did not evoke the same level of buyer confidence that you get from online retailers such as scooterwest and AF1racing.

I did an interweb search on the actual business, and (I don't want to knock a vendor or dealer) let's just say they do not have glowing reviews. Many folks have indicated similar customer experiences.

Looks like you made the right choice to switch/cancel the order. I'd monitor l your credit card to make sure you do not get charged.

Good luck
@aviator47 avatar
UTC

2006 PX 150 & Malossi Kitted Malaguti Yesterday (Wife's)

@aviator47 avatar
2006 PX 150 & Malossi Kitted Malaguti Yesterday (Wife's)
@paddlenround avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa LX150ie, 1968 Vespa Sprint 150

Ossessionato
@paddlenround avatar
2013 Vespa LX150ie, 1968 Vespa Sprint 150
UTC quote
Wow...an F from the BBB doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in getting this working.

I suggest a road trip. Bring brass knuckles.
@burgman400 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2008 LX 150

Hooked
@burgman400 avatar
2008 LX 150
UTC quote
Google maps shows that address to be a residence. Not that there is anything wrong with running a mail order business out of your house its just not what you would expect. Could be the guy is on vacation or sick or busy or skipped town with your money.
@lone_airedale avatar
UTC

Addicted
GT200

Addicted
@lone_airedale avatar
GT200
UTC quote
burgman400 wrote:
Google maps shows that address to be a residence. Not that there is anything wrong with running a mail order business out of your house its just not what you would expect. Could be the guy is on vacation or sick or busy or skipped town with your money.
Before things get out of hand it should be said that "the guy" is a member here. That said, I ordered from them once and I won't be doing it again.
@burgman400 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2008 LX 150

Hooked
@burgman400 avatar
2008 LX 150
UTC quote
I was joking, of course. There are lots of small businesses, especially internet business that are run out of peoples homes. That is not a bad thing. It just might mean the business gets put on hold for things like a vacation or it could be the guy has a regular full time job. I did not intend to offend anyone. It would seem as though email and voicemail should have an automated response to let the customer know there may be a short delay in processing the order.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
Lone gave you your answer.
@boraxman avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS250

Addicted
@boraxman avatar
GTS250
UTC quote
Yep
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0137s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0057s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]