@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
Arno while you might be gone in a used up body you will forever still be with us. keeping twisting that throttle where ever you are.
Give Salima a touch on the shoulder every now and then so she knows you watching over her.

With much respect for both of you
@willie_b avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'20 300GTS Super Tec '09 250 GTSie '75 Rally 200 '79 P200 '09 Stella 221

Ossessionato
@willie_b avatar
'20 300GTS Super Tec '09 250 GTSie '75 Rally 200 '79 P200 '09 Stella 221
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
Arno while you might be gone in a used up body you will forever still be with us. keeping twisting that throttle where ever you are.
Give Salima a touch on the shoulder every now and then so she knows you watching over her.

With much respect for both of you
Couldn't have said it better, you'll always be in my thoughts my friend. I'm sure our paths with cross again, until then enjoy your time with Salima and know that you're always going to be in our hearts.
@baudler avatar
UTC

Foiled
Racing 60's Sprint - 'Red' Primavera

Foiled
@baudler avatar
Racing 60's Sprint - 'Red' Primavera
UTC quote
Wow. I have only read about him on MV and I feel I know him. I can't imagine how hard it was to type up the farewell post. Crying or Very sad emoticon

This site always amazes me with the kindness and giving of complete strangers.
@mr_f avatar
UTC

Hooked
2013 BV350

Hooked
@mr_f avatar
2013 BV350
UTC quote
Dear Salima and Arno,
How kind and thoughtful of you for keeping us informed. My love to you both.

Mark
@silver_streak avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@silver_streak avatar
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie
UTC quote
Peace to you, Arno, and strength to Salima.
@midnight_rider avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@midnight_rider avatar
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD
UTC quote
Arno, danke dass du dein Leben mit uns geteilt hast!
@rex avatar
UTC

Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic

Rock Star
@rex avatar
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
UTC quote
Arno. Glad to have met and ridden with you. You will be in our thoughts forever. May "Vespa Vespa" echo in the winds wherever you may roam. Salima, thank you.
@knight_train avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2017 BMW R1200GS and 2010 Vespa GTS 250 (shared)

Ossessionato
@knight_train avatar
2017 BMW R1200GS and 2010 Vespa GTS 250 (shared)
UTC quote
So sorry we never met or rode together.

Peace be with you on your journey forward.

Our (Sylvie and my) prayers are with you both.

Gods speed.

Ciao caro amici,
@tb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa 2005 GT200 & Honda Metro

Ossessionato
@tb avatar
Vespa 2005 GT200 & Honda Metro
UTC quote
I got to know a bit better when we discussed that property on the Big Island...wished I had gotten to know you better. We will all miss you.

I will say a blessing for you, "Namu Daishi Henjo Kongo".

It's a Buddhist chant/blessing for those are on a journey or pilgrimage.

Once for the O Dai Sama (holy one), once for everyone and once for yourself.

Bless you!
@teacherquinn avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@teacherquinn avatar
UTC quote
Oh so very sorry to hear that Arno has reached the end of such journey. Difficult at times, but I believe he lived life as he wanted.

Salima, you have been a rock and though I never had the pleasure of meeting you, I did ride with Arno a few times before you stole his heart and he left to be with his love.

Arno, our hearts and minds are with you now. Thank you both for sharing your very personal story with us.
@kevynwriter avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS

Hooked
@kevynwriter avatar
GTS
UTC quote
Beautiful Day
Wow Arno, you were such a unique and powerful force in the scooter community. I remember your helpful posts and your desire to learn and share more. But my memories will be of you on our Wrightwood Ride and how everyone realized just how beautiful the day was by your observations. I enjoyed our conversations because you were witty, thoughtful and sometimes sarcastic. I wish the world had more time with you.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Arno buddy save a front row seat in Heaven for me. You have been a Prince among us. I wish you peace and hope that where you are right now there is a gentle breeze to sooth you and comfort you. I hope your legacy will stay with us for years to come
@buglake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2x '06 GT200 ~ '78 P200 ~ '73 Vespa 90

Ossessionato
@buglake avatar
2x '06 GT200 ~ '78 P200 ~ '73 Vespa 90
UTC quote
-tears and memories-
Thank you, Salima, for so graciously giving us this chance to say farewell to our friend. You have rightly never been called selfish; and here again you are breaking your own heart over and over to convey the wishes of our hearts to Arno. (thank you SD - very much from my real heart; not my sarcastic one that you remember not-so-well)

Hey Arno - really? Just up and leaving? -insert my wry smile-
We have shared the road, good friends, and the internetz together. Actually, you over-shared your damned swollen ball story in the first place.... so I guess we've also shared your balls.
Thank you for being. Period. Your "being" has made an actual impact on real people - I hope you see how amazing that is. Yes, you can hear the impact of those who have posted above me, and those who will post below me. But you've also found, shared, created and loved in front of us all, and your return gift of being able to articulate it has proven to be exactly that tangible inspiration.

I have always had one photo saved in my hard drive(s) over the years, in my Custom Paint Inspiration folder. Only only picture of one scooter in there - and it is yours. Over the years I have collected many pictures of the same color on the car model that originated it; I have collected the exact paint codes. You and I have even spoken about it in great detail. In my mind, I have been preparing to paint my rusty old P200 "Arno's color" for about 6 years now - but never, ever ever would I have thought it would be a tribute bike. Arno - when I make it happen it will carry all of your spirit in it. You will stay with me always - not as a scooter color, but as a real friend to the cruel world around you. Here, within this group, you found humor and support to face your battles, and a brave wife to valiantly confront it with you.

Arno, just like in life- I wish you always full throttle and an open road in front of you. Find us a shady spot up ahead and we'll meet up later.....

Gitta
@mbelleville avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa LX150 "Belissimo"

Molto Verboso
@mbelleville avatar
Vespa LX150 "Belissimo"
UTC quote
I've not been here in almost a year and I read about Arno. So sad. But the true measure of a life is how many we've touched, effected andw ill be remembered by

God speed Arno. And peace Salima
@bobovespa avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
21 75th Anniv. Primavera, 10 GTS Super 300, 64 Allstate, 61 VNB, 61 GL, 61 Lammy LI 125 Mahi Shriner, 57 Lammy LD125
Location: Baltimore-Washington-Asbury Park at the Jersey Shore

Molto Verboso
@bobovespa avatar
21 75th Anniv. Primavera, 10 GTS Super 300, 64 Allstate, 61 VNB, 61 GL, 61 Lammy LI 125 Mahi Shriner, 57 Lammy LD125
Location: Baltimore-Washington-Asbury Park at the Jersey Shore
UTC quote
Arno, never will I forget our magical day of hiking together 2 years ago in Cinque Terre, and your strength and fortitude even then.

Godspeed Arno! And Salima. You are so blessed to have found each other in the short time that we all have on earth.
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
UTC quote
Your friends in the Inland Empire
Arno, through your posts on MV, and the trials and tribulations that occasionally seemed to follow, and from which you did not retreat have given me insight into the man behind the green Vespa.

Your scrappy on-line demeanor and steadfastness in your beliefs are obviously who you are, not just your on-line persona. You stand/defend your ground regardless of how popular or un-popular the issue, and the battle you've been courageously fighting against this illness is no different. It speaks volumes.

I was always pleased (complimented actually) that you found/made time to join us "all the way out in Temecula" for some of our rides to points unknown. I took your attendance as a bit of an "endorsement" of our little sampling of scootering hiways and byways out this way....and the efforts involved in sharing them with others. Thank you for adding to the melange!

More noteworthy in the mosaic of things I often reflect on, is the union you made via that Vespa and this community with Salima and the journey you've both jointly been on, both on and off those scooters. Fairy tale stuff there. Legendary. (Salima desrves her own post....but this is all about you!)

Thank you Arno, for being that scrappy Vespa-aficionado and the un-varnished Arno we've all come to know, and....?

You are an inspiration to me for how to live a life. On your own terms.

May your best journey ever lie ahead of you Arno. I believe it does.
@silversmuge avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS300, BMW C650

Hooked
@silversmuge avatar
Vespa GTS300, BMW C650
UTC quote
Arno, I always enjoyed your reports on rides and the problem solving you went through on those rides. May your journey be smooth and filled with long, beautiful curves and infinite horizons. Hope to meet you on the other side.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Re: -tears and memories-
buglake wrote:
Thank you, Salima, for so graciously giving us this chance to say farewell to our friend. You have rightly never been called selfish; and here again you are breaking your own heart over and over to convey the wishes of our hearts to Arno. (thank you SD - very much from my real heart; not my sarcastic one that you remember not-so-well)

Hey Arno - really? Just up and leaving? -insert my wry smile-
We have shared the road, good friends, and the internetz together. Actually, you over-shared your damned swollen ball story in the first place.... so I guess we've also shared your balls.
Thank you for being. Period. Your "being" has made an actual impact on real people - I hope you see how amazing that is. Yes, you can hear the impact of those who have posted above me, and those who will post below me. But you've also found, shared, created and loved in front of us all, and your return gift of being able to articulate it has proven to be exactly that tangible inspiration.

I have always had one photo saved in my hard drive(s) over the years, in my Custom Paint Inspiration folder. Only only picture of one scooter in there - and it is yours. Over the years I have collected many pictures of the same color on the car model that originated it; I have collected the exact paint codes. You and I have even spoken about it in great detail. In my mind, I have been preparing to paint my rusty old P200 "Arno's color" for about 6 years now - but never, ever ever would I have thought it would be a tribute bike. Arno - when I make it happen it will carry all of your spirit in it. You will stay with me always - not as a scooter color, but as a real friend to the cruel world around you. Here, within this group, you found humor and support to face your battles, and a brave wife to valiantly confront it with you.

Arno, just like in life- I wish you always full throttle and an open road in front of you. Find us a shady spot up ahead and we'll meet up later.....

Gitta
Love.
@kayemtee avatar
UTC

Addicted
two Vespa GTSs (Dragon Red and Black). Primavera- Kymco Yager 200i

Addicted
@kayemtee avatar
two Vespa GTSs (Dragon Red and Black). Primavera- Kymco Yager 200i
UTC quote
Courage under fire. I saw that quality in you during our time in Italy together and it impressed the shit out of me. You would not let your illness intrude upon your life one more inch (maybe millimeter for you) more than it had to. I'll think of you in the future every time I need to gather courage and every time I try to fight the urge to leave tips for European waitstaff. I'll try to summon a small fraction of the strength you mustered regularly but I'm afraid I'm still going to get you angry by tipping my waiter.
UTC

The Host with the Toast

The Host with the Toast
UTC quote
Good bye Arno. Ride with you on the other side.
@bendcyclist avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 GTS 250ie in Silver

Molto Verboso
@bendcyclist avatar
2006 GTS 250ie in Silver
UTC quote
Peace to you Arno! I'll buy the first beer when I get to where you are going my friend.

Salima - You are amazing! Thank you for giving us all the option to say goodbye. So sweet and strong of you. It shows your character and I love that.
@tempe-et avatar
UTC

Hooked
'02 ET4

Hooked
@tempe-et avatar
'02 ET4
UTC quote
This really sucks!
Why do the good ones always have to leave early??

Our hearts will always be opened for you Salima, as it is also without question that a piece of all of ours will be lost with you Arno.

Peace love and tranquility forever
Tom
@boulty avatar
UTC

Moderator Australis
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, 2014 Vespa 150 Primavera (sold) 2003 Vespa GT200 (sold)

Moderator Australis
@boulty avatar
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, 2014 Vespa 150 Primavera (sold) 2003 Vespa GT200 (sold)
UTC quote
Kia kaha Salima

Haere rā Arno, Haere rā
@benito avatar
UTC

2010 Dragon Red GTS 300 Super, 2018 Grigio Titanio Piaggio Liberty S 150

@benito avatar
2010 Dragon Red GTS 300 Super, 2018 Grigio Titanio Piaggio Liberty S 150
UTC quote
Arno, it has been a pleasure "knowing" you here. Just know that your contributions to this world will be remembered and appreciated.

Salima, all the best to you as well, take care of yourself.
@dutch avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LXV 150 GTV 250

Ossessionato
@dutch avatar
LXV 150 GTV 250
UTC quote
It's so hard to say goodbye in any case and certainly hard when you know it's your last goodbye.

But we know how tough Salima is and that she'll continue on as best she can.

Thanks for sharing your trials and tribulations over the last years.
@huskyteer avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda NC700D Integra

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@huskyteer avatar
Honda NC700D Integra
UTC quote
Safe travels, Arno. Take care of yourselves, and each other, both of you.
UTC

Addicted
'09 Yamaha Zuma(sold), '06 Kymco People 250(sold), '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie, '09 Buddy Italia, '06 Buddy

Addicted
'09 Yamaha Zuma(sold), '06 Kymco People 250(sold), '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie, '09 Buddy Italia, '06 Buddy
UTC quote
It's been my genuine pleasure to read some tales of rides past from Arno.

May there be a seamless transition to whatever is next.

May the road be open and smooth, and the view amazing.
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax
UTC quote
Salima - please let Arno know that his love of life has touched many.

He has lived, has loved and been loved, and will never be forgotten.

Strength and prayers to you both.

Carl
@kittysaz avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
White GTS125 - Milo - 2009-2012 Red GTS Super 300 - Watson - 2012 - 2014. Silver Vespa GTS 250 - Carter - 2014

Ossessionato
@kittysaz avatar
White GTS125 - Milo - 2009-2012 Red GTS Super 300 - Watson - 2012 - 2014. Silver Vespa GTS 250 - Carter - 2014
UTC quote
Arno and Salima
I've never met you
But this post and all the comments I'm reading make me wish that I had.........
I never say goodbye
I say "see thi' later"
My love. All of it.
Kitty
X
@gianni avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS Vintage Red

Molto Verboso
@gianni avatar
GTS Vintage Red
UTC quote
I remember when you met on MV. Ride on Arno! Peace!

Cheers,

Gianni
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL
UTC quote
You lived life on your terms. Peace and Godspeed to you, Arno. Hope to meet you on the otherside someday.

Peace and strength to you Salima.
@voneschenbach avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
A fracking cage sadly

Ossessionato
@voneschenbach avatar
A fracking cage sadly
UTC quote
So many better sentiments have been said and it's hard to find words. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you make your final ride Arno - you will not be forgotten.
Quote:
May His mercy, grace and love shine upon your every road.
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Very hard to read, and harder to accept. I am in awe of how Arno has lived life on his own terms, and how, even here at the jumping off point, he has the class and presence of mind to turn back one last time to say thanks and wave goodbye.

Arno, I believe that we are meant to extract every possible joy from every moment of this life. And I believe that we are destined for a better place when this life is done.

You have lived each day as if it was the last. I pray that whatever comes next be a fitting reward for the challenges you faced so bravely in this life.

Shalom.
@theoz avatar
UTC

Sir Frets-A-Lot
Vespa GT250ie/L, Honda Ruckus 50, Honda NT700V, Honda CB125

Sir Frets-A-Lot
@theoz avatar
Vespa GT250ie/L, Honda Ruckus 50, Honda NT700V, Honda CB125
UTC quote
Sigh.

Arno.

I know you are surrounded by love in Salima. Know others care.

Love has kept your soul strong, and helped you shine through to those around you during this time.

In both finding and deserving that love, you've accomplished the single most important thing we can in out lives.

My kudos to that.
@primordialdancer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Temporarily Scooterless... :(

Ossessionato
@primordialdancer avatar
Temporarily Scooterless... :(
UTC quote
Arno and Salima,

All that can be said has been shared with you by others in the previous posts on this thread. I've never met either of you, yet I can witness the compassion and love for you by those messages.

Heck, I don't think I have ever seen a thread with as many 'old timers' posting on it as this one - nothing could be a greater testament to the feelings for you here on MV.

May all of your scooter rides be long and adventurous...

Desi B.
@jimh avatar
UTC

MV Saint
Haud yer wheesh't if ye cannae be nice

MV Saint
@jimh avatar
Haud yer wheesh't if ye cannae be nice
UTC quote
I like many have followed Salima and Arno's journey over the years, more so the last 3-4.

It's difficult to express how moving it is to read all these heart felt sentiments. It's heart wrenching.

I know I'm not the only one crying right now.

You are a loved soul Arno.

I'm sure you are at peace with Salima by your side.

Cheers
@tor2ga avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Looking for the next one, probably electric

Ossessionato
@tor2ga avatar
Looking for the next one, probably electric
UTC quote
Ah....sigh...

You have both been present at the highest and lowest...

The first couple to come out of the MV singles bar...
Mendelssohn, Wagner, all that.

Adventures, breakdowns.

Opinions, opinions...

Arms around you both. Feel them. Lots of arms hugging.

Pace, pace.

Ruhe, Ruhe.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
I'm German too but I've always loved this blessing. Not an Irish bone in the body.
May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind always be at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again,
May God (in whomever you believe) hold you in the palm of their hand

I believe you hold the record for the number of MV aliases so just make sure we know how to find you. Razz emoticon Laughing emoticon we'll meet again someday,of that I'm sure.
@grscum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 BMW G650GS, 2006 GTS,

Ossessionato
@grscum avatar
2012 BMW G650GS, 2006 GTS,
UTC quote
Ride long, ride hard, and take care.....
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0280s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0126s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]