OP
@italianscoots avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2015 Primavera Montebianco "Falcor"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1973
Location: Atlanta
 
Molto Verboso
@italianscoots avatar
2015 Primavera Montebianco "Falcor"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1973
Location: Atlanta
UTC quote
The US turn signal indicators AND side reflectors are in the way. Crying or Very sad emoticon
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43731
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43731
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
Re: Faco crash bars won't fit US Primaveras
italianscoots wrote:
The US turn signal indicators AND side reflectors are in the way. Crying or Very sad emoticon
Then get rid of them.
OP
@italianscoots avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2015 Primavera Montebianco "Falcor"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1973
Location: Atlanta
 
Molto Verboso
@italianscoots avatar
2015 Primavera Montebianco "Falcor"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1973
Location: Atlanta
UTC quote
I would love to, euro conversion kits aren't available here yet. I will have to wait I guess.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
Ditching the reflectors is easy. Call AF1Racing and see if they can get the euro turn signals. No conversion is usually required, just get the euro lights, unplug and remove the ugly DOT stalks and use the connectors to plug into the euro signals. We just replaced the DOT stalks on the Sports City front with the euro turn signals which I think is actually more visible than the stalks being larger.
OP
@italianscoots avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2015 Primavera Montebianco "Falcor"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1973
Location: Atlanta
 
Molto Verboso
@italianscoots avatar
2015 Primavera Montebianco "Falcor"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1973
Location: Atlanta
UTC quote
Thanks!! Ill try that.
@lmctdot avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa Primavera 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 164
 
Hooked
@lmctdot avatar
Vespa Primavera 150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 164
UTC quote
cdwise wrote:
Ditching the reflectors is easy. Call AF1Racing and see if they can get the euro turn signals. No conversion is usually required, just get the euro lights, unplug and remove the ugly DOT stalks and use the connectors to plug into the euro signals. We just replaced the DOT stalks on the Sports City front with the euro turn signals which I think is actually more visible than the stalks being larger.
Can you provide a photo? Thanks, if so.
@14perry avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
MP3 400 / BV250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3809
Location: San Diego, California
 
Ossessionato
@14perry avatar
MP3 400 / BV250
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3809
Location: San Diego, California
UTC quote
italianscoots wrote:
I would love to, euro conversion kits aren't available here yet. I will have to wait I guess.
Scooterwest has them in stock. It puts the brake and taillight in the center and uses your existing red lenses for the turn signals. Less $$ than amber lenses.

OP
@italianscoots avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2015 Primavera Montebianco "Falcor"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1973
Location: Atlanta
 
Molto Verboso
@italianscoots avatar
2015 Primavera Montebianco "Falcor"
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1973
Location: Atlanta
UTC quote
Thank YOU!!!
@ikevin avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 Super Sport SE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 233
Location: Florence, Alabama
 
Hooked
@ikevin avatar
GTS 300 Super Sport SE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 233
Location: Florence, Alabama
UTC quote
I love scooter west and think they do a great job, but watching that video the turn signals flashed red.

That (in my opinion) is neither legal nor safe. There's a reason turn signals are yellow and brake lights red.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22487
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22487
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
UTC quote
iKevin wrote:
I love scooter west and think they do a great job, but watching that video the turn signals flashed red.

That (in my opinion) is neither legal nor safe. There's a reason turn signals are yellow and brake lights red.
ya better read up on the federal rules and laws,

Federal
Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No.
108 allows rear turn signals to
be either red or am
ber in color
⚠️ Last edited by old as dirt on UTC; edited 1 time
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43731
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: UTC
Posts: 43731
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
UTC quote
It's illegal and unsafe anywhere but in the US. Where apparently the brake lights can double as turn signals - very, very confusing to outsiders, and IMNSHO effin' dangerous.
@ikevin avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 Super Sport SE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 233
Location: Florence, Alabama
 
Hooked
@ikevin avatar
GTS 300 Super Sport SE
Joined: UTC
Posts: 233
Location: Florence, Alabama
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
It's illegal and unsafe anywhere but in the US. Where apparently the brake lights can double as turn signals - very, very confusing to outsiders, and IMNSHO effin' dangerous.
I agree, and stand corrected.

Not to thread jack, but old as dirt; Are you going to the blue vs gray rally in Nashville this June?
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22487
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
Joined: UTC
Posts: 22487
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
UTC quote
iKevin wrote:
jimc wrote:
It's illegal and unsafe anywhere but in the US. Where apparently the brake lights can double as turn signals - very, very confusing to outsiders, and IMNSHO effin' dangerous.
I agree, and stand corrected.

Not to thread jack, but old as dirt; Are you going to the blue vs gray rally in Nashville this June?
I will be in the middle of the cannonball during that time.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8870
Location: Knoxville, TN
UTC quote
lmctdot wrote:
cdwise wrote:
Ditching the reflectors is easy. Call AF1Racing and see if they can get the euro turn signals. No conversion is usually required, just get the euro lights, unplug and remove the ugly DOT stalks and use the connectors to plug into the euro signals. We just replaced the DOT stalks on the Sports City front with the euro turn signals which I think is actually more visible than the stalks being larger.
Can you provide a photo? Thanks, if so.
Not the best photo taken with the iPhone in the garage a few minutes ago, right turn signal on.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8995
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
 
Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 8995
Location: Watts, Cherokee Nation
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
It's illegal and unsafe anywhere but in the US. Where apparently the brake lights can double as turn signals - very, very confusing to outsiders, and IMNSHO effin' dangerous.
There is more than one law that covers this, and the one about the turn signals being a certain distance from the brake light comes into play here.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0152s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0048s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]