@jrn56 avatar
UTC

GTS300

@jrn56 avatar
GTS300
UTC quote
It is not secure but I use the Saddleman bag. I take it with me if I have valuables with.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by jrn56 on UTC; edited 1 time
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
UTC quote
jrn56 wrote:
It is not secure but I use the Saddleman bag. If take it with me if I have valuables with.
Nice. The bag itself is valuable...
⬆️    About 9 months elapsed    ⬇️
@lx50espresso avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
LX 50 4T 4V

Enthusiast
@lx50espresso avatar
LX 50 4T 4V
UTC quote
bluefoam wrote:
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
Blue foam, Where can I buy this basket?!

All, I'm looking for a rear luggage basket not a milk crate and not a top case. Any ideas where I could buy one???? SIP is out of stock. US shipping please!
@primablanco1 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2015 Primavera 50

Hooked
@primablanco1 avatar
2015 Primavera 50
UTC quote
LX50Espresso wrote:
bluefoam wrote:
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
Blue foam, Where can I buy this basket?!

All, I'm looking for a rear luggage basket not a milk crate and not a top case. Any ideas where I could buy one???? SIP is out of stock. US shipping please!
Sent you a PM about the basket.
@bdonley avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 Piaggio BV 250 Tourer

Hooked
@bdonley avatar
UTC quote
Go try Ross, Marshals, etc dept stores. Found some really nice wicker options for under $20. Thank my wife, it was her suggestion for me. I ended up choosing a wire basket from there. $4.99! Not prone to weather damage, clean looking. Attached with 8 zip ties. Not going anywhere! I'm good. Now, to attach a back rest!
@kabarash avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'08 Gunuine Buddy 150 St Tropez 'Simon' '04 Honda Metropolitian 'Archie' [Sadly had to trade it away ;-( ]

Molto Verboso
@kabarash avatar
'08 Gunuine Buddy 150 St Tropez 'Simon' '04 Honda Metropolitian 'Archie' [Sadly had to trade it away ;-( ]
UTC quote
It's been about five or more years since I first put this on the back of my Buddy, still loving it and many people still ask me if it was an OEM accessory.
http://m.lowes.com/pd_129718-46-GAWA18BKRH_0__?productId=1129663&Ntt=wire+baskets&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dwire%2Bbaskets&facetInfo= It does however take a bit of 'trimming' to remove the brackets for it's designed use and it's held up well considering the abuse I've put it through.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
It would even be more useful with a cargo net to keep lightweight stuff from blowing away.
@kabarash avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@kabarash avatar
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
It would even be more useful with a cargo net to keep lightweight stuff from blowing away.
Yep, yep, yep, that and several other bungies reside under the seat bucket till needed.
@bdonley avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@bdonley avatar
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Yep! Always have one stashed on my bikes....
@scooter1307 avatar
UTC

Vespa ET2 & Yamaha Vino 125

@scooter1307 avatar
Vespa ET2 & Yamaha Vino 125
UTC quote
I had a milk crate on the back of my Kymco for my little buddy to ride in. Having just bought an ET2, I'm thinking of making a wood box for the rear rack.
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
jrn56 wrote:
It is not secure but I use the Saddleman bag. I take it with me if I have valuables with.
Just looked up that bag: serious bang for the buck. Might get that to go on the Zellioni rack I'm looking at right now.
⬆️    About 1 year elapsed    ⬇️
@miguelatf avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 Vespa GTV 250ie

Hooked
@miguelatf avatar
2009 Vespa GTV 250ie
UTC quote
A small Suitcase
This is an old thread but a good one, so here's my contribution to keep it going. I just recently became the owner of a GTV but my former scooter, an Aprilia Scarabeo, had a medium-smallish Givi topbox which was useful for serious grocery shopping and all the stuff that wouldn't fit in the Aprilia Pet Carrier. Plus occasionally I like to carry a small laptop, a camera, extra clothing, that kind of stuff. So I started looking around and then it hit me --- I may already have a practical (and cool) form of alternative luggage -

A small old leather suitcase which my parents bought in Spain decades ago, which I inherited from them and couldn't bear to part with, but didn't have any real use for...until now. After a few drilled holes and a pair of 6mm bolts with locking washers, it fits neatly and quite securely on my fold-down Vespa rack. Probably it will need some form of leather conditioning and semi-waterproofing thought it may not stand some of the brutal winter rainstorms we get in colder months; but for spring, summer and fall...it may do the job

Plus, did I mention --- it looks cool?
Not too large, not too small - seems to be a good size.
Not too large, not too small - seems to be a good size.
It looks relatively compact but holds quite a bit.
It looks relatively compact but holds quite a bit.
And dimension-wise will easily accomodate my laptop, a camera and a few lenses, maybe a sweater and a hat as well.
And dimension-wise will easily accomodate my laptop, a camera and a few lenses, maybe a sweater and a hat as well.
Looking down from behind, you can see it adds to the overall width of the scooter - but it seems well within reason.
Looking down from behind, you can see it adds to the overall width of the scooter - but it seems well within reason.
The only downside is - it's not deep enough to hold my full-face helmet - but there's a lot of room for odds and ends, and all kinds of groceries.
The only downside is - it's not deep enough to hold my full-face helmet - but there's a lot of room for odds and ends, and all kinds of groceries.
And okay, yeah, I like the way it looks ;)
And okay, yeah, I like the way it looks ;)
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
I have seen bowling bag topcases. Stylin'
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
UTC quote
Miguel: That is mad-cool. some mild weatherproofing might be in order, but only so long as you don't mess too much with that patina!
@miguelatf avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 Vespa GTV 250ie

Hooked
@miguelatf avatar
2009 Vespa GTV 250ie
UTC quote
amateriat wrote:
Miguel: That is mad-cool. some mild weatherproofing might be in order, but only so long as you don't mess too much with that patina!
I agree, amateriat.

It'll probably be a 2-step process - first a leather conditioner (some of the classic old-school ones are beeswax, I think) - then a non-intrusive but protective waterproofing compound which shouldn't really alter the appearance, but rather simply seal out moisture.

The funny thing is, I hung on to the old suitcase for years, clogging up closet-space, wondering if I could ever really find a good use for it - but getting my new GTV just sort of made something click somewhere deep-down in the neurons.

Thanks for your positive comment it reinforces my own feelings.
@bean_counter avatar
UTC

Hooked
2016 BV350 White

Hooked
@bean_counter avatar
2016 BV350 White
UTC quote
I used a wire basket for years on the front if my Honda Cub. I had removed it because I thought it looked too girlie then put it back for convenience purposes. Now you can buy a Shad or Givi topcase for about $100. Its totally worth the money and they look alot better than anything else except the OEM topcase.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
UTC quote
A good video on Vespa top case alternatives just posted on YouTube three days ago. Is Robot spying on us? Hope so.

@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150

Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
UTC quote
OK, milk crates are ugly but they are very practical and can be easily detachable when not needed and you need to look cool. I don't care for front racks but like this big steel postman basket behind the legshield for carrying smaller things.
⬆️    About 2 years elapsed    ⬇️
@mike_tayse avatar
UTC

2009 vespa lx 150

@mike_tayse avatar
2009 vespa lx 150
UTC quote
There should be 4 pics attached, if all goes well. I bought an inexpensive aluminum toolbox/suitcase from Menard's for about $25.00. I drilled 3 holes through the luggage rack and used carriage bolts through the suitcase. Seems fine so far. The scooter's color is a "Capri Blue", and hard to match so I just went the other way and went for more of a contrast to the scooter color. It's about 18" wide. I'm thinking of screwing a folding plastic basket to the top. I also just swapped out the back and front tires, I went with Hidenau, bought from Revzilla. The rubber seems softer than what I had on it before so it will probably be great handling but wear more quickly. It's been a while since I broke a tire off a rim by myself and the 10" rear was a good workout! The front 11" went on a bit easier, probably because it was the second one I did and it was a a bit bigger.
Should be 5 pics of a tailbox for a 2009 Vespa LX.
Should be 5 pics of a tailbox for a 2009 Vespa LX.
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax
UTC quote
Like the "Capri Blue".

Mike - you're a bit north of the Dayton area. If you are on Facebook, look for Gem City Rollers page. might be able to join us for some events when possible.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0143s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0032s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]