OP
UTC

Enthusiast
BV250/bv500

Enthusiast
BV250/bv500
UTC quote
Ignition key lock on bv500 very stubborn to switch off. can it be lubricated, and or how do I remove it. I had a dead battery once.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Once the key is in the ON position, the barrel is essentially free to move inside its housing - so the thing that's sticking is more likely to be the ignition switch itself. Cheap and easy enough to replace.
OP
UTC

Enthusiast
BV250/bv500

Enthusiast
BV250/bv500
UTC quote
Ignition keylock on bv500 very stubborn to switch off.
Thanks for your reply, right so when I turn the switch to on all lights come on etc, turn key towards the left all lights should go off, but they don't, unless I go on off on off on off until I get lucky, and the lights go off etc. I'll have a look at the book and see if its clear what the mechanics of the switch are like, starter button works fine. thanks.
OP
UTC

Enthusiast
BV250/bv500

Enthusiast
BV250/bv500
UTC quote
ok starting to get the drift of it, so on the end of the barrel there is a switch, found it on scooterwest website, now got to take all the fairings of to get at it I guess, this forum is the best, I like to do all my own work, not many scooter shops around here anyway.
OP
UTC

Enthusiast
BV250/bv500

Enthusiast
BV250/bv500
UTC quote
Another observation is scooter will turn off, but lights stay on. is that an issue with the switch on the end of the barrell?
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Yes, almost certainly. There are two separate pairs of contacts in the switch. One or both wipers may be damaged, or the tracks themselves. Once you get to the switch you can open it up to see - but buy or order a new one immediately anyway, long-term repair is usually impossible.
OP
UTC

Enthusiast
BV250/bv500

Enthusiast
BV250/bv500
UTC quote
PIAGGIO B500 IGNITION SWITCH
thanks Jimc I will order one, going to be in Amsterdam next week may be able to pick one up there. thanks again.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0113s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0032s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]