OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa GTS 300

Lurker
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Hello All,

Have a week ago bought a new Vespa GTS300, must say 150 miles in am impressed with the bike in every way possible, the acceleration is addictive and I am not even opening the throttle up fully. Previously owned a Piaggio x9 500 so is technically a downgrade in power, but for an urban commute it is an absolute dream.

Just looking for some advice in regards to a helmet that will fit in the under seat storage. I have an full face AGV which comes close to fitting but to no avail.

I had heard the Vespa helmets would fit, but then have read conflicting reports on that, but also did see that the "new" model has a slightly bigger underseat storage so perhaps they do now?

I also wanted to check if anyone owns / uses the alarm accessory and whether it works well? I had a Piaggio alarm previously on my X9 and never had any issues but would be good to hear peoples feedback on alarm use on the GTS.

My 3rd query is in regards to the top box and just as to how easy it is to put on and take off. Planning on getting one for use when travel with my girlfriend but dont ideally want to use it for day to day commuting. Although I have been told by the dealer that the blue top boxes are yet to be made available anyway!
@tex avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2010 Aprilia Mana GT, 2010 Aprilia Sport City 300 (sold), 2010 GTS 300 Super (sold), & 2007 LX150 (sold)

Molto Verboso
@tex avatar
2010 Aprilia Mana GT, 2010 Aprilia Sport City 300 (sold), 2010 GTS 300 Super (sold), & 2007 LX150 (sold)
UTC quote
Helmet: My Shoei RF1000, AGV K3 and Nexx X60 all fit in the pet carrier. As for the Vespa helmet you are only paying for the name brand. Better options out there.

Alarm: I use a XENA alarm disk lock with the Grip Lock. Never used the Piaggio alarm on any of my scooters or bikes.

Top Box: Look at Givi, Shad, Kappa or Coocase.
The Vespa OEM topbox is not meant to be removed on a daily basis
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0243s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0038s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]