OP
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Does anyone know if the ABS version is coming to the USA and if so when?
UTC

Hooked
Rally180

Hooked
Rally180
UTC quote
Word from the dealer is it depends on getting rid of current models on the floor. At current sales rates they are one or two months behind schedule so you are looking at November-December. Maybe she just wanted me to buy the 2014 yesterday.
OP
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
So it's a sure thing they are coming? I got rear ended yesterday on my 2007 GTS 250. Had 33K miles on it. Feels like I lost a family member. Not to mention the guy had no insurance and fled the scene. Needless to say I'm back in the market but don't want to buy a new one now if the ABS version is coming to the states.
@budz avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)

Molto Verboso
@budz avatar
GTS 300 Super ABS/ASR (sold), BV 350 ABS/ASR (crashed)
UTC quote
mankite wrote:
don't want to buy a new one now if the ABS version is coming to the states.
the ABS, ASR and revised suspension are hard to resist....
⚠️ Last edited by Budz on UTC; edited 1 time
OP
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
The upgraded shock is the one thing that interests me most. Not sure yet if I like the new speedo.
UTC

UTC quote
GTS 300 ABS
Hello all.

I'm new to MV & have read numerous articles about the new model. I like the idea of ABS & better front suspension, but I like the current model speedometer. As a number of MV members mentioned, the new model which is out in Europe will have a few issues that need to get worked out. I spoke to the local dealers & they are not sure of the release date for the U.S. market, usually a year after Europe. If anybody in Europe purchased the ABS model, I'd like to hear their feedback versus the old non ABS model, thank you.

I will most likely get a current new GTS 300 or used. If anybody is selling, please send me a PM, thanks.

I live in So Cal, OC, so if you have any additional suggestions or advice, I'd like to hear them.

Have a good day.

Cory
@alexbv200 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 Sprint 150 ABS Yellow. 1974 Vespa Rally 200 White, non battery model.

Ossessionato
@alexbv200 avatar
2015 Sprint 150 ABS Yellow. 1974 Vespa Rally 200 White, non battery model.
UTC quote
Re: GTS 300 ABS
Cory08 wrote:
Hello all.

I'm new to MV & have read numerous articles about the new model. I like the idea of ABS & better front suspension, but I like the current model speedometer. As a number of MV members mentioned, the new model which is out in Europe will have a few issues that need to get worked out. I spoke to the local dealers & they are not sure of the release date for the U.S. market, usually a year after Europe. If anybody in Europe purchased the ABS model, I'd like to hear their feedback versus the old non ABS model, thank you.

I will most likely get a current new GTS 300 or used. If anybody is selling, please send me a PM, thanks.

I live in So Cal, OC, so if you have any additional suggestions or advice, I'd like to hear them.

Have a good day.

Cory
am curious to what these "few issues the bike will have", you are talking about...
UTC

UTC quote
GTS
I read a few comments on MV that the first yr model may have issues that need to get worked out, general statements. I don't personally know of any issues since I don't own one. I'd like to know myself cuz I'm in the mkt to purchase a Vespa & doing some research.

If any folks in Europe riding a new model can comment, that would be great, thanks.
@mejiro avatar
UTC

GTS 300 Super 2014

@mejiro avatar
GTS 300 Super 2014
UTC quote
My experience with the ABS is that the front brake now actually feels less effective than before. Moving up from 2009 GTS 125 and the front brakes on that was very effective. Rear brakes no difference but the front on the 2014 GTS 300 has a wooden feeling to it. Maybe Vespa changed supplyer of brake pads. Maybe they intentionally lessened the front braking power to avoid front wheel locking. Anyhow I'm not impressed by the new front brake. I would love to see some testing showing if the breaking distance has improved at all with the ABS.
@fluffy avatar
UTC

Hooked
Beverly 350 "Mavis"

Hooked
@fluffy avatar
Beverly 350 "Mavis"
UTC quote
I have had 2 scooters with ABS and 2 without. I will not buy another machine without it. Unless it is a classic machine for fun only, perhaps. As for the GTS, here in Aussie we'll get the ABS version in October, so the US couldn't be too far away could it?

I suspect the big decision for you all will be: pay top dollar for a new ABS version, or take a discount on one without. For me, there'd have to be at least $1000 difference to make me think about it.
@fluffy avatar
UTC

Hooked
Beverly 350 "Mavis"

Hooked
@fluffy avatar
Beverly 350 "Mavis"
UTC quote
Did I just contradict myself?
@kdude avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV 400 (21) , BV 350 (16) SOLD :( , Sprint 150 2015(SOLD), Liberty S150 2018

Ossessionato
@kdude avatar
BV 400 (21) , BV 350 (16) SOLD :( , Sprint 150 2015(SOLD), Liberty S150 2018
UTC quote
Not sure this is a valid comparison but I bought a new abs sprint 150. The suspension feels a bit stiffer than my previous (2010) S150.

The brakes are a different story. The brakes are better and have way more bite than the S ever had.

I'm would be surprised if a new model didn't have better all around performance as the engineers spend countless hours trying to make a better product.

I guess we will see the results of that engineering when we finally get the new 300 in NA. At least the wobble should be gone
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
UTC quote
After many scooters without ABS three years ago i bought what i now that it has, on at least two occasions it has saved me from bad accidents; in Europe will be required from the year 2016.
Probably due to this over the coming months you will see other models with ABS.

Link: http://www.lastampa.it/2012/12/24/motori/moto/dal-gennaio-abs-su-moto-e-scooter-K7zMdw0T7odc23cYIsqeQO/pagina.html
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0265s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0053s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]