@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Has anyone tried, either successfully or unsuccessfully to use Gilera Runner rims, either the 12x3.5 or the 13x3.5 on the Vespa GT/GTS?
They are a half inch wider, (same dimension as the rear rim on the 250 MP3), about two and a half pounds lighter, there are some very neat aftermarket designs and colors available,, they look like they would fit, and I can't think of anything I need less than bright red rims on my Vespa, so I'm thinking about ordering a pair and giving it a try, but if someone already knows they won't fit, I'd rather not be the second or third person to make that discovery and end up with a pair of matching Italian doorjams.
⬆️    About 2 years elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
They don't fit.
@andythebuilder avatar
UTC

Addicted
250 gts, nitroed zip 69cc " the teenager", 200 now 300 lc zip "all grown up"

Addicted
@andythebuilder avatar
UTC quote
Which doors are you propping open?

Andy.
OP
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
I found them online and thought they would be great if they fit.

My place is a warehouse of rims that don't fit. I've got a Gilera Runner rim that I was sure would fit on the Dragster 180. It doesn't. I can't figure that one out.
@andythebuilder avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@andythebuilder avatar
UTC quote
Swap out the hubs, the runner also uses a 240mm disc a la mp3 rear, i dont know how you could fit one to a vespa front, as i havnt tried or even looked, but the rear hub will fit deffo, and you could soup up a fly wth the front runner rim.
Is it possible tig fill the holes and then drill and re tap the hub in the correct position, or even fit wheel studs, im sure you could fit a 5mm adapter plate using flush flanged m8 machine screws, then bolt through the plate using studs, the 5mm extra can either be machined off the inner wheel plate or 2.5 off the flange and 2.5 from the wheel, or just leave the offset as it would be like putting mps wheels on and it would be the same front and rear.
Just a thought
Andy
EDIT
You cannot mix parts from the 2t 180 with the 4t 200 / 180.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0212s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0030s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]