@austin_vz avatar
UTC

@austin_vz avatar
UTC quote
Mudnman wrote:
That ser1 you did looks great!
Was wondering about this thread,only post from op was rack for sale.Then Lambretta's? Then a 1 post man bought it ( you do great work ) out of thin air!Good luck on your build!
I decided I wanted to post as myself and not as a business and figured what a better time to do so then right now. Green Tree Scooters is literally just my father and I restoring scooters out of our homes. We closed the scooter shop a long time ago. It is more of a hobby to us now then anything. We are both very excited to even have a chance at owning and restoring such a rare Lambretta.
UTC

Molto Verboso
07 LX50

Molto Verboso
07 LX50
UTC quote
That's cool and I'm sure you guys will have fun !And a lot of memorable moments working together .
@rufio avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
borrowed time

Molto Verboso
@rufio avatar
borrowed time
UTC quote
Hell yeah...the Cento where its at! Thats the effin biz!
Bertos cento
Bertos cento
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
^^^ no shit! Berto! w/ the chrome fender 'n' all! cool... I'm kinda liking those
OP
@semoir avatar
UTC

@semoir avatar
UTC quote
Mudnman wrote:
That ser1 you did looks great!
Was wondering about this thread,only post from op was rack for sale.Then Lambretta's? Then a 1 post man bought it ( you do great work ) out of thin air!Good luck on your build!
Yeah, you gotta watch out for those newbie 1-poster lurkers. Good luck Austin, it should be fun. Meanwhile, remaining Cento scooter should prove to be a piece of cake if parts are found, and also fun. OT stable completions of ours (recognizable to some perhaps), sorry for the abuse of bandwidth (below). Happy hunting all, and again kudos for everyone's volunteered information on the Lambrettas.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Molto Verboso
07 LX50

Molto Verboso
07 LX50
UTC quote
Nice stable! An adventure (gs)bike is next on my list.Maybe catch you on a trail sometime.93 BMW R100GS Paris Dakar?
OP
@semoir avatar
UTC

@semoir avatar
UTC quote
Tks. Stable is mine and pal's (Arimachi, Indian 4, and Hummer are his, plus some others, we're running out of space - read: Cinto). It's a '88 BMW GSPD (total resto), the well known dual purpose standard. My Mexico bike, and daily rider. Has never failed me, a trusty steed. Not brave enough to ride one of the scoots down (yet), but we always haul the PX150 behind the EVC if we drive. It's near same weight as the little ET (sometimes haul it to the coast) but the PX does obviously a better job power/suspension wise. Good luck on the hunt for your airhead, getting rare and hard to find presentable. Great bikes. TC
@jackson85 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred

Ossessionato
@jackson85 avatar
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
UTC quote
Love that Indian
UTC

Enthusiast
LI's and a Jet

Enthusiast
LI's and a Jet
UTC quote
Rufio you are fired.
I should tell you all about the time I gave a cento away... but i won't. its enough to say they are slow.
@rufio avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
borrowed time

Molto Verboso
@rufio avatar
borrowed time
UTC quote
Derek M wrote:
Rufio you are fired UP!
Fixed it for you! I love ALL those bikes! I do like the GS the most. Yeah, I know the Cento is slow slow slow.......but that thing looks cool! with the little 8inch wheels to boot. I'd try stuff some other lump in it if It were me. Berto, I believe is planning to port and polish his. On another note... we were going to sink your carbs the other weekend. WTF happened?
UTC

Enthusiast
1966 SX200 - 1960 Series 2 Suderia 265cc

Enthusiast
1966 SX200 - 1960 Series 2 Suderia 265cc
UTC quote
Love em, don't flip em. They are both fun bikes, obviously I'm more drawn to SX's.

But to each, his own...
@retroguy avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1974 V90

Molto Verboso
@retroguy avatar
1974 V90
UTC quote
semoir wrote:
Thanks to all the posters on this thread, a deal was made on the SX today (with the first PM'r). Went to a good home. I render regrets for being a spoiler to those that showed sincere interest in it's purchase. Have been there felt that, ugly. FWIW the resto's started on the Cento (with seemingly an insationable hunt for parts, btw). Kudos and happy scootering .. scooter safe. Kudos.

Hnk in Az
Why am I so confused? Is this the same scooter from just 2 days ago. Or were those old pictures?
OP
@semoir avatar
UTC

@semoir avatar
UTC quote
Retroguy wrote:
Why am I so confused? Is this the same scooter from just 2 days ago. Or were those old pictures?
Orig pics used were as both scoots were complete found earlier this yr in the dirt. The later Cento pic was last week at friend's house. SX is as was in orig photo, having only been picked up then rolled off trailer and parked against outside garage wall (that is, until Austin's shipper picks it up). Cento remained inside and now has a nose bleed.

Hope that helps..
@socalguy avatar
UTC

bodgemaster
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150

bodgemaster
@socalguy avatar
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150
UTC quote
semoir wrote:
FWIW the resto's started on the Cento (with seemingly an insationable hunt for parts, btw). Kudos and happy scootering .. scooter safe. Kudos.

Hnk in Az
Whoa... back up there semoir. On Aug. 24 you wrote that both scoots were "bone stock" and "in very good original condition." How exactly did the Centro go from a bone stock, slightly rusty "original condition" dirt find to a freshly painted, partially re-assembled shiny blue resto in two days?

OP
@semoir avatar
UTC

@semoir avatar
UTC quote
SoCalGuy wrote:
semoir wrote:
FWIW the resto's started on the Cento (with seemingly an insationable hunt for parts, btw). Kudos and happy scootering .. scooter safe. Kudos.

Hnk in Az
Whoa... back up semoir. Three days ago you wrote that the scoots "are in very good original condition." When exactly did the Centro go from a white, slightly rusty original condition dirt find to a freshly painted, partially re-assembled shiny blue resto?

Sure SCG, bcking up for ya. Initial intent was seeking info only from forum in the OP re the desirability of each as they were in originally purchased condition, was in unchartered waters. Not a ploy to sell. Sale came along (SX) afterthought. In an effort to get opinions on both of their values as old scoots, wouldn't they need to be fairly represented as they were when purchased, i.e. not breathed on? Okay, here's a reboot .. "Cento was but isn't now, SX still is and remains .. and here is a picture of how the Cento was and is now .. can anyone shed light on each's desirability/value as to when they were found in that dirt, Cento's started now but we wanna know if both should be kept but we're outta room so sumthin mite gotta go. Should it be one of these Lamfrettas?" Hope that helps. Just wanted to get an idea of what they were, or are .. fuq, I'm getting dizzy. Apologies if needed. Re the Cento's metamorphosis , mid-summer to now. Tks Greentree, made it a game-changer. The Isetta looks great! TC
OP
@semoir avatar
UTC

@semoir avatar
UTC quote
On topic of my naiveness, here's a couple vintage Vespas we saw on vacation. Again as a newbie, don't really know yr but they were very nice. The one seemed older than the other i.e. it had hard linkage instead of cable shift. They were gorgeous. Thought I'd share the pics, no doubt you guys recognize and are familiar. Guess I need to do more homework... tks again and sorry for any earlier confusion.
UTC

Enthusiast
LI's and a Jet

Enthusiast
LI's and a Jet
UTC quote
rufio wrote:
Derek M wrote:
Rufio you are fired UP!
Fixed it for you! I love ALL those bikes! I do like the GS the most. Yeah, I know the Cento is slow slow slow.......but that thing looks cool! with the little 8inch wheels to boot. I'd try stuff some other lump in it if It were me. Berto, I believe is planning to port and polish his. On another note... we were going to sink your carbs the other weekend. WTF happened?
I am in the middle of moving up to the bay and my schedule got thrown off. the new bmr battery crapped out on me so its going to be a while before the pig lives.
@sfvsr avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
a lambretta or two

Ossessionato
@sfvsr avatar
a lambretta or two
UTC quote
Derek M wrote:
I am in the middle of moving up to the bay and my schedule got thrown off. the new bmr battery crapped out on me so its going to be a while before the pig lives.
That place is SF Bay like San Diego is Los Angeles.
@austin_vz avatar
UTC

@austin_vz avatar
UTC quote
This showed up in Iowa today! Thanks to everybody on Scoot.net
I was able to find a original horn casting and horn grill which was missing.
I plan on straightening all the body panels out and trying to save the original paint as much as I can as well as doing a mechanical restoration.
It's kind of beat but Im sure with some hard work we can get it all back to shape. Turns out according to the Vin and engine numbers its a 1966 and not a 67. first year even cooler.
@astromags avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'80 P200E, '76 Primavera 125 ET3. '59 Vespa 150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@astromags avatar
'80 P200E, '76 Primavera 125 ET3. '59 Vespa 150
UTC quote
Killer! Will we get to see some photos of your progress?
@austin_vz avatar
UTC

@austin_vz avatar
UTC quote
astromags wrote:
Killer! Will we get to see some photos of your progress?
Sure will Astro. I will post the progess pics here soon.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/greentreescooters/sets

Right now im knee deep in Restoring a 1956 BMW Isetta
Blogged here: www.isettabubblewindow.com
but the SX is probably going to demand my attention before the Isetta is
finished
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1159s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0854s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]