@themod1 avatar
UTC

Hooked
Enough for the wife to tell me to slow down

Hooked
@themod1 avatar
Enough for the wife to tell me to slow down
UTC quote
I have known for ever that my Carb is not 100% working condition on MY GS160 but have never actually got down to repair the issues till this weekend.

My Airbox bolts did not screw into the carb body very well as I am sure the carb body thread has been stripped, I was lucky enough to have a spare carb body on the shelf which I spent some time to strip and replace on the bike.

after a few hours and not checking all threaded orifices it has now come to light that again the one hole where the Airbox bolt tightens on the carb body feels like there is something stuck in there and not allowing the bolt to take on the threads.

I am not sure if maybe the bolts being used are too big but I don't think so. Could I please ask anyone with a GS / SS carb if they would be so kind as to verify the bolt size I really want to get the GS on the Road again SOON.

Sorry one other thing will this part http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DELLORTO-CARB-FUEL-BANJO-FOR-Si-CARBS-SI20-24-/400640811204 work on the SI27/23 it is advertised as an SI part BUT I know how different the SI 27/23 is and that is why I ask?
UTC

Enthusiast
VS1, VS4, VS5, VSC, VSE, VSX

Enthusiast
VS1, VS4, VS5, VSC, VSE, VSX
UTC quote
I had the same problem and what worked (for a while) for me was to replace both bolts with a bit longer ones of the same size, i cant remember the size but if you look in yahoo Vespa Sports group you'll find a post with this problem and possible solutions , regarding the other question you have to check what size is the actual one, it could be 6mm or 8mm , it depends on the fuel line width
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0239s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0055s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]