OP
UTC

vespa

vespa
UTC quote
Hi guys,, can somebody please tell me the benefits of drilling holes in my px125 air filter and will it help to prevent heat sieze,,
My vespa is fitted with a dr180 kit and sito plus exhaust,,
It has an autolube which i keep topped up,, and also add a little fully synthetic 2 stroke oil to petrol when filling up

Thanks george
OP
UTC

vespa

vespa
UTC quote
Ok,,, not to worry its a meshed air filter

P.S thanks for all your help
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
chill the
you expected to get a line of answers in less than 2hours when most of the us is in bed n its early saturday morning here ... its lie in time after getting leathered to forget the shite week at work .......

maybe a little patience wouldnt hurt just saying

n for starters dont add extra oil above the recommended thatll start all sorts of problems .... they are delicately balanced machines tuned engines
@astromags avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'80 P200E, '76 Primavera 125 ET3. '59 Vespa 150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@astromags avatar
'80 P200E, '76 Primavera 125 ET3. '59 Vespa 150
UTC quote
Yes, if your paranoid about heat seizing, adding extra oil to the fuel is not the answer. In fact it will add to the possibility of seizing.

Read: Lean vs Rich - Warning! Technical
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
Not that it doesn't help, but I always thought the "heart mod" originated from the fact that spaco carb jets, and dellorto carb jets were different heights. But if it does help the carb breathe better, it will only increase the chance of heat seizing if your already running lean.
@socalguy avatar
UTC

bodgemaster
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150

bodgemaster
@socalguy avatar
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150
UTC quote
Drilling a hole in the filter allows slightly more air to get sucked into the main jet. It will lean the mixture a bit. It won''t prevent a heat seize - just the opposite - the engine will run hotter, and you may need a higher main jet to run safe.

Also, as already mentioned, adding extra oil to your petrol isn't going to prevent a heat seize. Correct jetting is what you want to focus on.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0238s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0049s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]