Ordering from SIP in the USA
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous12
Ossessionato
VSX, Stella 177, VNX1T, V9B1T
Mon May 03, 2021 3:39 am quote
Sip if they under charge you shipping at time of checkout will contact you before actual shipping to hit you up with any additional fees to make up for the under charge.

But as others have said, the shipping companies themselves have been sending additional bills to you after delivery based on tariffs for various line items inside the shipment. It's very random and arbitrary, but can be very expensive. I've been hit up with more fees after the fact than my initial shipping costs were from ups this past year.

Sip at least confirms with you before charging you or shipping your order.
Mon May 03, 2021 5:26 am quote
swiss1939 wrote:
Sip if they under charge you shipping at time of checkout will contact you before actual shipping to hit you up with any additional fees to make up for the under charge.

But as others have said, the shipping companies themselves have been sending additional bills to you after delivery based on tariffs for various line items inside the shipment. It's very random and arbitrary, but can be very expensive. I've been hit up with more fees after the fact than my initial shipping costs were from ups this past year.

Sip at least confirms with you before charging you or shipping your order.
I’m trying to get an understanding of the various shipping options. UPS is notorious for their crazy “brokerage fees” to Canada. But these are included in their express or premium services vs their cheapest “ground” or economy option. Just played around with the SIP website and while the cheapest UPS economy option is far cheaper than other options, it could be better paying for the premium service to avoid additional charges as you mentioned. At least it sounds like you have option to cancel if they hit you up for more fees after ordering and before shipping.
Ossessionato
VSX, Stella 177, VNX1T, V9B1T
Mon May 03, 2021 5:37 am quote
SIP only contacts you for extra fees in the unusual case where the automated weight calculator for your order underestimates the actual shipping cost. For example if the shape of the box is larger than what they expected which drives the shipping costs up, then they will contact you to charge extra.

The additional fees from shipper you get no warning.. just a bill in the mail... so you can't cancel that.

Fedex is the only shipper I will use if I order from SIP anymore, because I have not gotten a random bill from them like UPS. But across the board their shipping fees for all services is way more than it was prior to pandemic.. so I have stopped ordering from SIP because its just not worth it anymore.

If you must do it.. never use DHL (you might see your package in 3 months), UPS might be cheaper, but russian roulette on extra bills. Fedex, more expensive off the bat but should not be hit up with extra bills. They all take unusually longer times now. At least for me, long gone are the orders that showed up 3 days later door to door. More like 3-4 weeks now even when you choose the 3-5 day shipping.
  DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous12
[ Time: 0.0603s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0244s) ][ Debug on ][ Thing Two ]