@tommylittlescooter avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV200, P200E (2),V90 and now a Big Ruckus

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Here's my ghost story. Well two of them.

When I was about 13 yrs old and sleeping over at my grandparents house in the den, I awoke to man in a black cape and a brimmed hat standing over the couch where I was sleeping and found myself awakened and fully paralyzed yet aware of everything. The man then vanished and I went to the bathroom. The second encounter occurred about 15 years ago while driving to Atlanta in my lifted '82 F150 4x4. It was somewhere on I75 before I hit Macon. Visibility was excellent and nothing was in the mirrors or ahead except for a semi about a 1/2 mile ahead . I was doing about 75mph. I looked to the left and saw a white Miata with a young couple in it passing me, and then looked forward, to the rear, to the sides again and nothing was there. This area had extremely wide shoulders and there was no sign of that car anywhere. Riding on 2 wheels for so long has had me looking all around all the time and I did back then. That Miata appeared for a split second and then was nowhere in sight. Either it could do 400mph or it was something unexplained.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
I live in a very historic town. The king lived out here and defended the island from the other island kings. We have a concrete wall that separates one side from our neighbors. My friends had the condo next to mine ( both Native American Indians) . About 50% Maine tribes. They were sitting out on their Kanu when Brian saw what appeared to be a woman in a 1800's outfit. Liked like a missionary. It was summer so he thought it was odd. Watched her come towards the wall and then disappear into it. About 15 min later they saw a yellow orb go by. Fast forward 3yrs ( they bought a house down the street) and we had an ex hells angel ned Todd living in one of the condos ( is there such a thing as ex?). He comes running into my bedroom at 10pm yelling "f...ing ghosts). I'm like huh? Now he never met Brian and I never told him. Same woman was walking across our front yard and about 30 min later he saw the orb in his kitchen! I believe . Ya never know
@elvispa avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300

Addicted
@elvispa avatar
GTS 300
UTC quote
Yep, there must be a reason that they...
are bringing back the "X-Files" to the tv (January).
judy wrote:
...He comes running into my bedroom at 10pm yelling "f...ing ghosts). I'm like huh? ...Same woman was walking across our front yard and about 30 min later he saw the orb in his kitchen! I believe . Ya never know
@flordian avatar
UTC

Rocket Man
GTS 300 ABS 'Drake', GTS 250 (sold), LX 150 and Delta IV rocket. ( Retired. Not my problem anymore)

Rocket Man
@flordian avatar
GTS 300 ABS 'Drake', GTS 250 (sold), LX 150 and Delta IV rocket. ( Retired. Not my problem anymore)
UTC quote
Came home from work yesterday. Had these little goblins running all over the yard. Wife said she lost count after 600. And, what did I do during this ghostly ordeal? Two glasses of wine and bed. Wake me up when it's over.
From my front security cam.
From my front security cam.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
E yup but i'm worried that it won't be as good as the original. If Duchovny and Anderson are in it i'm all there. Haven't heard who the cast is yet.
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1991 Vespa T5 Pole Position, 2008 Vespa S 125, 2023 Piaggio MP3 300HPE Sport

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
1991 Vespa T5 Pole Position, 2008 Vespa S 125, 2023 Piaggio MP3 300HPE Sport
UTC quote
judy wrote:
E yup but i'm worried that it won't be as good as the original. If Duchovny and Anderson are in it i'm all there. Haven't heard who the cast is yet.
from Wikipedia (so it must be true..)

On March 24, 2015, it was confirmed the series would return as a six-episode event series with the return of series creator Chris Carter and lead actors David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. It will premiere on January 24, 2016

8)
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Thanks. A day after my b'day. Such a cool b'day present. 8)
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax
UTC quote
Not really a ghost story, but...
As a small child (about 4 years old), my family was in Philadelphia and went to visit our ancestral home preserved there (Bartram Gardens). Once there I felt an immediate sense that I had been there before. I was able to relay the exact layout of the house to my parents and older brother and then headed up stairs to the bedrooms. The tour guide was quite surprised and mentioned I must have remembered an earlier visit, but I had never been there previously.

As I got to the top of the stairs, I had such a feeling of familiarity. As I sat in a wooden chair at the top of the stairs, I could visualize each of the bedrooms quite clearly and was able to tell my family and the tour guide precisely what was in each room, down to the colors of the furnishings. This is one of my earliest memories and I have such sharp recollection of the events in that house. Even as I write this, I can recall it with such clarity that I'm getting a few goosebumps.
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Re: Not really a ghost story, but...
CrazyCarl wrote:
As a small child (about 4 years old), my family was in Philadelphia and went to visit our ancestral home preserved there (Bartram Gardens). Once there I felt an immediate sense that I had been there before. I was able to relay the exact layout of the house to my parents and older brother and then headed up stairs to the bedrooms. The tour guide was quite surprised and mentioned I must have remembered an earlier visit, but I had never been there previously.

As I got to the top of the stairs, I had such a feeling of familiarity. As I sat in a wooden chair at the top of the stairs, I could visualize each of the bedrooms quite clearly and was able to tell my family and the tour guide precisely what was in each room, down to the colors of the furnishings. This is one of my earliest memories and I have such sharp recollection of the events in that house. Even as I write this, I can recall it with such clarity that I'm getting a few goosebumps.
Thinking reincarnation.
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
UTC quote
I have a twin brother and for years we shared a room growing up. For years we both experienced things we don't understand. What we experienced was a dark figure of a man with a wide brim hat moving about our room. You could only see him from the waist up. The lower portion of his body was below the floor. Most times when we saw him we hide under the covers or ran to our parents room. Then one night when we were about 5 or 6 years old it was at the foot of my brothers bed. When my brother pulled the covers over his head the dark figured man grabbed his legs and trying to pull him off the end of the bed. I jumped on the bed pulling my brother back to the head of the bed. The noise we made caught my parents attention. They told us we were just dreaming and to go back to bed. A few nights later the dark figure returned this time to try and pull me off the bed. This went on for years between my brother and I. To this day we both vividly can recall the experience.
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
UTC quote
Holy Cow
Troutbum,

You would never catch me sleeping in that room again.
Despite parental objections, I would have been out of there.

We all have dreams, but then we wake up.

Bob Copeland
Minnesota
@belkwinith avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@belkwinith avatar
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle
UTC quote
Okay -
I was 23 and traveling alone around the country. I stopped at a motel with cabins somewhere outside of Denver.

I chose a cabin with a kitchentte, because I wanted to make pancakes for breakfast. It was older and the furtherest away, but it was the largest.

While I was taking a bath, there was a knock at the door. I waited a second and heard the knock again, so I got up and looked out the window and opened the door. No one was there.

I went back to the bed and laid down to watch TV and again, knocking at the door. I went and looked again, no one.

So I called the front desk and the woman came down with a flash light. She looked around.

"We only have one older couple up by the office and I don't think any kids around here would be pranking you like this. Why don't you move up the a room by the office. I would feel a lot better if you did," she told me.

I have a very stupid stubborn streak, so I told her "No. I'll stay here." (Like a complete ass. I am amazed at my own stupidity at times. It's BREATHTAKING.)

But I had a great plan. I would stand at the door and when the idiot knocked on the door, I rip the door open and yell and scare the crap outta them. Perfect! It's a wonder I survived this long.

So I turned on the tv and stood at the door for a few minutes and sure enough, knock, knock, knock, right in the middle of the door and I whipped the door open and yelled out at... nothing.

Yep. Nothing there. ... nada, zip, zero.

Now a SMART person would have hauled a$$ outta there asap, but nooooo. I decided that I was hearing things. It was easier to decide that I was over tired or wonky from driving around alone. So I locked the door and went to bed.

But I didn't really sleep. Because the knocking wouldn't stop. I felt like something was hanging over me. Something dark, formless like smoke. At one point I thought I saw a brown and white dog, like a spaniel, in a corner of the room as I lay on my side. Then suddenly I realized something was pushing me. Pushing me on my shoulder. I couldn't really comprehend it until I actually went OFF the bed and onto the floor. I yelled and rolled to my feet. I tripped over my suitcase as I ran to door and hit the light switch.

I turned and saw the entire bedding on the bed, rolled up to the very corner where I was shoved off. Very carefully, rolled up. Not pulled up, as if I did it in my sleep, but carefully rolled up, obviously by some hand.

That did it! It was about 3:30 in the morning and I packed and took off. I drove all the way back to Detroit in about 11 hours. When I got there my mother said my face was still white.

The thing is. I had a bad feeling as soon as I walked into the place, but I dismissed it as, being too tired or something. Now I listen to those bad feelings.
@troutbum avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@troutbum avatar
UTC quote
Here's another story, but one my mom and her family experienced. Back in the 40s my mom's aunt and uncle moved into their new home in San Francisco. The previous owner had passed away and was a pipe smoker.

One evening while they played cards at the dining room table they smelled burning pipe tobacco. Up until that time they never noticed it. It was decided that it was due to pipe smoking from the former owner trapped in the carpet and walls. A couple of weeks later while playing cards after dinner my great aunt pointed to the staircase and there a shadowy figure of a short stocky man was seen descending down the stairs smoking a pipe. At the end of the stairs he turned and sat down at an easy chair next to a small table and lamp. The chair, table and lamp as well as the stocky man were faint shadows on the wall where none were before. The figures remained for a couple of minutes and then all faded away. The event repeated itself several times over a 6 month period. My mom told me when they had family meals at the house many family members and neighbors experienced what my great aunt and uncle had seen several times. Just before the short stocky man appeared the smell of burning pipe tobacco was present.

Each year my great aunt and uncle hosted Christmas Eve dinner for family and friends. That evening after dinner several were gathered around the dining room table. The smell of pipe tobacco was present. Soon thereafter several people at the table witnessed the short stocky man smoking his pipe descend the stairs. This time instead of going to the chair he walked through the front door. After that night the smell of pipe tobacco and the short stocky man were gone from the house.

Years later I asked my great aunt about the stories my mom told me. She confirmed what my mother had told me. When I asked about why the short stocky man left my great aunt said I feel he left because he felt the house was in good hands.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
BELK one soon realizes to listen to yourself. Since i've done that life is much easier. I had my deceased parents visit me one nite. Mid 90's i was in a bad accident in Nogales Mexico. I went off a cliff and my seat belt broke. Felt like a shoe in a dryer. There was a Mexican with a cell phone who called for a ambulance (not common back then) Well maybe drug lords but why would they call? Never blacked out and i remember the EMT saying this was the fastest they had ever gotten thru the border crossing. Took a hour (usually checked the ambulances for drugs. This day we were waved right thru. Landed in a small ER in Nogales AZ. They helicoptered me to Tuscon ASAP. My BP was 40/0. Had they not waved me thru i wouldn't be here today. Had the full trauma team waiting for me at the Tuscon med ctr. Given a couple units of blood. After i stabilized i was sent to rehab in NM (where i was working). About a week before i was discharged i heard my parents talking about me. Now when i dream i don't hear voices. Things just happen. I woke up sweating and was looking around for them. They had been dead since the 70's. My dad said to my mom "kids gone and done it this time". My dad used to call me the "kid". I heard their voices of that i'm sure and who was the mystery caller? I have lived thru things that should of killed me. Call them guardian angels etc but i believe when your times up, you have no say in the matter.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0233s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0115s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]