Addicted
MP3 250

Addicted
@maroy avatar
MP3 250
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Got my Cannonball Tires.
Hopefully you will only need one rear tire per scooter. I can't think of a single time where someone actually needed to replace a front tire. OTH spares are good and it looks like you ready for all sorts of terrain and weather.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Maroy wrote:
I can't think of a single time where someone actually needed to replace a front tire. OTH spares are good and it looks like you ready for all sorts of terrain and weather.
I've still got the front tire that I used on the last SCB, but I'm trying a 120/80-12 in front to balance the 140/70-12 rear this time. So basically, I'm way overthinking this.
@bill_dog avatar
UTC

eeeee bip
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy

eeeee bip
@bill_dog avatar
BMW R1100RT The Problem Child Kymco Downtown 300 - I'm not the Uber Honda Cub - Scorched Earth Policy
UTC quote
Claim
Even a Pirelli GT 23 lasted 3,300 miles and didn't look too shabby at the end.

The rear was toast.

Not actual toast but "toast".

Bill xxx
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
I finally got my 2000 Piaggio Hexagon engine cases from the UK. Apparently it's a PITA to ship used cases from one country to another, and I finally found someone on ebay willing to label them as brand new farm inplements. The Piaggio Hexagon was a 125cc air cooled motor, and we are going to turn it into a liquid cooled 218cc Malossi powered beast and stick it in the GT. Funny thing is that the engine cases look exactly like the ones that came out of the Vespa. They are literally identical. What's up with that? But there's a lot of difference between a 2000 air cooled Piaggio 125cc motor and a 2006 liquid cooled Vespa 200cc motor, so that should help massage the handicap a bit? I think it's going to be right around what I'd have on a stock 2005 Vespa GT200.
Still waiting to hear from my new friend in India about the turbo....
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by Motovista on UTC; edited 2 times
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Re: Claim
Bill Dog wrote:
Even a Pirelli GT 23 lasted 3,300 miles and didn't look too shabby at the end.

The rear was toast.

Not actual toast but "toast".

Bill xxx
Were you the guy that used to teach Esperanto on the internet before there really was an internet?
OP
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125: 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Big Ugly), 2023 Vespa GTS300 (Ghost)
UTC quote
I followed a six year old 150 scooter going 76 mph downhill on Saturday morning. Razzo was maybe 3 mph quicker. 106 vs 113 on the handicap. Hmmmmm.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Downhill? Don't you mean down a bridge? There are no hills in Florida
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
...could have been an onramp.... Laughing emoticon
OP
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
UTC quote
Buckman Bridge, I-295 between Orange Park and Mandarin.
Coming down off the center span.
I was hoping it would be a little faster....but that is what you are for.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
Cool perspective, I like the picture.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Fortunately, it isn't against the rules yet, so you can do this in 2016. Put 2 80 lb. bags of cement on the floorboard of the Vespa, and you will go faster down hills. I'm sure after you do it and win, they'll change the rules.
OP
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Fortunately, it isn't against the rules yet, so you can do this in 2016. Put 2 80 lb. bags of cement on the floorboard of the Vespa, and you will go faster down hills. I'm sure after you do it and win, they'll change the rules.
Fortunately I am already carrying a 210 lb. bag of cement, driving the thing.
@driller avatar
UTC

Hooked
Scarabeo 150, SC 250, 2t Stella

Hooked
@driller avatar
Scarabeo 150, SC 250, 2t Stella
UTC quote
Ahh, the fencing has begun. This is going to be fun! 8)
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Something else that won't hurt your handicap that you might want to try is to get a portable generator you can put in the luggage compartment, and use it to power a 5 gallon wet dry vacuum from Harbor Freight. You point the nozzle of the vacuum forward, turn it on, and the vacuum will pull you towards things faster. If you have room for it after adding the two bags of cement.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Something else that won't hurt your handicap that you might want to try is to get a portable generator you can put in the luggage compartment, and use it to power a 5 gallon wet dry vacuum from Harbor Freight. You point the nozzle of the vacuum forward, turn it on, and the vacuum will pull you towards things faster. If you have room for it after adding the two bags of cement.
Just make sure the exhaust side of the vacuum points backward. Otherwise there will be no gain from this.
OP
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Cool perspective, I like the picture.
Unfortunately, not one of my photos. I got it directly from my google machine.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
It's alive.

This is the same engine I have been running during the Gathering rides in NC and GA, but with 2000 Piaggio Hexagon cases. The upgrades are the new Malossi straight cut primary gears, Yellow Contra spring and stainless steel bearings.
@lc353 avatar
UTC

Addicted
nope
Location: I'm going there, but I like it here, wherever this is.

Addicted
@lc353 avatar
nope
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
I see nothing wrong with this logic. Clown emoticon
What?
What?
@lostboater avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa LX150 GTS250ie GTS300x2 sold 'em

Ossessionato
@lostboater avatar
UTC quote
LC353 wrote:
Motovista wrote:
Do you have a patent on that or am I free to copy it?
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
lostboater wrote:
LC353 wrote:
Motovista wrote:
Do you have a patent on that or am I free to copy it?
That's definitely something I'd like to see Bill install on his Cannonball bike. Technically speaking, because the body of a Vespa is metal, you could get by with only one magnet. as long as it weighs at least 100 lbs.
OP
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
That's definitely something I'd like to see Bill install on his Cannonball bike. Technically speaking, because the body of a Vespa is metal, you could get by with only one magnet. as long as it weighs at least 100 lbs.
What I need is the magnet that fits on my scooter, probably Vanessa right now. Then I can follow you out of the hotel and hook it to the back of your million horsepower dragster and have you tow me to the finish line. I probably wouldn't even need to stop for gas.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
WLeuthold wrote:
Motovista wrote:
What I need is the magnet that fits on my scooter, probably Vanessa right now. Then I can follow you out of the hotel and hook it to the back of your million horsepower dragster and have you tow me to the finish line. I probably wouldn't even need to stop for gas.
You would not need to stop for gas, but you would be stopping for gas.... Laughing emoticon
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
Madison Sully wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
Motovista wrote:
You would not need to stop for gas, but you would be stopping for gas.... Laughing emoticon
Depends on the size of the touring tank installed on Motovista's scoot.
@scooterraton avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2 - Many

Ossessionato
@scooterraton avatar
2 - Many
UTC quote
WLeuthold wrote:
I followed a six year old 150 scooter going 76 mph downhill on Saturday morning. Razzo was maybe 3 mph quicker. 106 vs 113 on the handicap. Hmmmmm.
I want to see the registered bikes and handicaps sooooo bad!
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
ScooterRaton wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
I want to see the registered bikes and handicaps sooooo bad!
Well doesn't registration end in March so it won't be that much longer before you'll see it all. In the meantime haven't people mentioned what they are riding in rider's forum? You should be able to get a good idea of that info from there.

I registered but with what I'm riding I haven't a hope in hell of winning but then it isn't all about winning is it?
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
WLeuthold wrote:
I would be happy to weld a 100 lb. magnet to the front of your SCB scooter in order to test this theory.
If it did work, can you imagine what would happen every time a car went by?
"when I left, he was right behind me..."
"last I saw Bill, he was stuck fast to a truck heading south."
"he flew past me at 130 mph stuck to a Camaro."
@lostboater avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@lostboater avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
I would be happy to weld a 100 lb. magnet to the front of your SCB scooter in order to test this theory.
If Bill was on Rocket doing 130 mph he would be grinning from ear to ear now matter how he got there.
OP
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
UTC quote
lostboater wrote:
Motovista wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
If Bill was on Rocket doing 130 mph he would be grinning from ear to ear now matter how he got there.
It all reminds me of Wylie Coyote. Probably buy the magnet from the ACME Magnet company.
@crazycarl avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax

Ossessionato
@crazycarl avatar
2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E, 2010 ThunderFly 190 (SOLD) 2015 Yamaha SMax
UTC quote
is this what you had in mind?
@lc353 avatar
UTC

Addicted
nope

Addicted
@lc353 avatar
nope
UTC quote
CrazyCarl wrote:
I think he needs a helmet.
Safety first.
Safety first.
OP
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
UTC quote
CrazyCarl wrote:
Exactly.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Bad news about the Yager.

We were out riding last night, and I was on my stock GT200 because the Cannonball bike has been on the bench for a week, and I blew up the Dragster last Sunday. The Yager was behind me. We went onto the interstate, and I couldn't get away from it. That thing is surprisingly fast, at least compared to a stock GT200.
When we changed out the Variator, we went from the stock 17gr rollers to 13gr. I've been told that it lost a little off the top end from that switch, so we're going to go to try a 15 or 16 gram roller and see what happens. It would not be fun to be on a stock GT200 and look back at a Yager slowly gaining on me.
OP
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
It would not be fun to be on a stock GT200 and look back at a Yager slowly gaining on me.
I don't care. I am going to have fun just participating. If I finish, even better. But if I somehow happen to finish ahead of you...priceless.
@tdrake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 GT200

Ossessionato
@tdrake avatar
2006 GT200
UTC quote
Just realized that day before y'day I hauled my new GT200 over the route y'all will take from Montana into Idaho (highway 12, Selway pass). The whole drive I was thinking what a great ride it would be! And then you'll pass about 30 miles south of here. I'll have to come down and wave a scarf at ye or sumpin.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
WLeuthold wrote:
Motovista wrote:
It would not be fun to be on a stock GT200 and look back at a Yager slowly gaining on me.
I don't care. I am going to have fun just participating. If I finish, even better. But if I somehow happen to finish ahead of you...priceless.
I'm sure that if I do manage to pass you, it will only be because you stopped to smell the roses along the way.
OP
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
Motovista wrote:
I'm sure that if I do manage to pass you, it will only be because you stopped to smell the roses along the way.
Four short months away. I am looking forward to the, um, competition and seeing you and the others again. It is going to be so much fun.

No rose smelling for me. As fast as I can go every mile. Catch me if you can.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
WLeuthold wrote:
Catch me if you can.
Is this a hint about who's going to play you in the movie?
OP
@wleuthold avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@wleuthold avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
Catch me if you can.
Is this a hint about who's going to play you in the movie?
Best Actor will do. Rocket and Me, The Movie. Coming your way. As soon as I can get around to writing.

By the way, if Rocket can successfully complete a 700 mile ride this weekend, it may be my Cannonball scooter.
@lostboater avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@lostboater avatar
UTC quote
Go Rocket Go!!!!!! Scooter emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1070s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0884s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]