@nightwing avatar
UTC

Contributor
2007 LX 150 (memories)

Contributor
@nightwing avatar
2007 LX 150 (memories)
UTC quote
I must confess that I have not ridden my LX since late spring. I was occupied with taking the MSF course and learning to ride my Goldwing. My thoughts were to get the muscle memory for the wing somewhat embedded and didn't want to upset that process by riding the point and squirt Vespa. The little Vespa has sat quietly in the garage for months while the Goldwing was put to use, albeit not that often. Every ride gets easier, but still quite frightening at times.

Today, I was thinking that the LX was going to get an oil change and perhaps be taken out for a quick ride, since it is 70 here today. I thought of connecting the battery tender but first I was going to give it a shot as is.

I inserted the key and to my surprise, the dash lit up. I turned the key, pulled the brake lever and pushed the start button. I received a very strong cranking and a couple twists on the throttle had my Vespa idling as smooth as silk. The Motobatt had held a charge since late spring and was still strong enough to waken a sleeping Vespa.

I normally leave the scooter on the Tender year around when it is not being ridden. However, the Goldwing and grand-children's riding toys put the Vespa too far from the outlet for plugging the tender in, so it has not been connected since spring.

I certainly recommend the MotoBatt battery.
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Re: Testimony To MotoBatt Batteries
NightWing wrote:
I must confess that I have not ridden my LX since late spring. I was occupied with taking the MSF course and learning to ride my Goldwing. My thoughts were to get the muscle memory for the wing somewhat embedded and didn't want to upset that process by riding the point and squirt Vespa. The little Vespa has sat quietly in the garage for months while the Goldwing was put to use, albeit not that often. Every ride gets easier, but still quite frightening at times.

Today, I was thinking that the LX was going to get an oil change and perhaps be taken out for a quick ride, since it is 70 here today. I thought of connecting the battery tender but first I was going to give it a shot as is.

I inserted the key and to my surprise, the dash lit up. I turned the key, pulled the brake lever and pushed the start button. I received a very strong cranking and a couple twists on the throttle had my Vespa idling as smooth as silk. The Motobatt had held a charge since late spring and was still strong enough to waken a sleeping Vespa.

I normally leave the scooter on the Tender year around when it is not being ridden. However, the Goldwing and grand-children's riding toys put the Vespa too far from the outlet for plugging the tender in, so it has not been connected since spring.

I certainly recommend the MotoBatt battery.
Now get it charged back to full or it will be dead next time.
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS250.

Enthusiast
GTS250.
UTC quote
i assume if he went for a ride - it should be okay without charging?

Also how long can you leave the vespa there without a battery tender before it becomes dead? 4mths? 6 months or even longer?
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
jamontoast wrote:
i assume if he went for a ride - it should be okay without charging?

Also how long can you leave the vespa there without a battery tender before it becomes dead? 4mths? 6 months or even longer?
It should be topped off with a charger, it would take long ride to completely charge a battery that had been sitting connected since spring.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0106s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0024s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]