OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 50

Lurker
Vespa LX 50
UTC quote
Just wondering if anyone has ordered parts for your scooter from a European site? I want a top case for my LX 50 Vespa and see that SIP out of Germany has the original parts at a fraction of the cost if I bought them at the local dealership. Is there a catch? Am I going to be hit with huge customs duty? The order total is $196 which includes the top case, a luggage rack, and a leather backrest. FedEx shipping is $34.50. If I went to a dealer here in Michigan, these parts alone would be $700 and that's without installation! If anyone has any knowledge of why I shouldn't use the SIP website or if I am being scammed, I'd sure appreciate it.
Pat
@willo avatar
UTC

Hooked
2005 ET4 150

Hooked
@willo avatar
2005 ET4 150
UTC quote
I have placed 2 orders from SIP over the years, no additional charges were added to my invoice
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 GTS Super

Ossessionato
2018 GTS Super
UTC quote
Re: Ordering parts from SIP
PatQ wrote:
FedEx shipping is $34.50.
Chose the UPS option, FedEx does bill extra for Customs. Great customer service, had an issue with one of my orders and they ate the cost and made it right. And with airfreight transit time is about same as from a US vendor.
@drscooter avatar
UTC

Addicted
2007 GTS 250ie 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 803 2005 Sportster 883XL 2010 GTS 300ie

Addicted
@drscooter avatar
2007 GTS 250ie 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 803 2005 Sportster 883XL 2010 GTS 300ie
UTC quote
No, SIP is great, purchased a rear top box for my 250 GTS at about half the price as in the USA. I think shipping was like $40 so it is much cheaper. Now, getting it can be slow. It took about 6 weeks, The said they were not always in stock and had to order them too. Still like now it was going into the off season, well it's getting cold here so it was no big deal. I thought they forgot but they did respond to emails and/or phone calls and were very nice, just slow. Bottom line it did show up and was the same one can get in the USA but about $200 cheaper.
OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 50

Lurker
Vespa LX 50
UTC quote
Wow, thanks everyone! I placed my order Thursday and look forward to receiving it. Everything was in stock and I chose UPS so I should have the parts some time soon. Will keep you posted.
@flanderswasp avatar
UTC

Addicted
2014 GTS 300ie

Addicted
@flanderswasp avatar
2014 GTS 300ie
UTC quote
SIP is a great shop, owned and run by quite a bunch of scooter maniacs. If you have any question, just e-mail or phone them, they'll assist anyone in many different languages.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0127s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0051s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]