@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Dolemite is a great movie. Good choice.

I just saw a biography called Kalishnakov. You can pretty much guess from the title who it's about. It's a Russian movie, and it looks like the company that made it had one old car to use when they needed a car, so there weren't any chase scenes. I learned a lot about the development of the AK-47 and, more importantly, how to correctly say Kalishnakov. Here's a fun fact to impress your friends, Kalishnakov left school in the third grade.
The Russians seem to be getting sentimental about the old USSR, and this film really played up all the positive things about the system. I think it will appeal more to history buffs than gun nuts.
Thanks for the recommendation, will check it out. We just finished the Netflix documentary series on Jeffery Epstein. If you watch it with your SO expect some side commentary. The HBO Michael Jackson is another good watch if you like documentaries.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Moved on to Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan on Prime. The Atmos and 4K/HDR is amazing. Just started watching and while the story is good it was the sound that grabbed us. Just put in a new system in the bedroom and man the helicopters literally felt like they were flying over and around us. It really is something and well worth the price which is much more reasonable now for a good system. I have the new Sonos soundbar on order and that will give us Atmos upstairs on the LG OLED and already have Play 3 surrounds and the sub. Looking forward to hearing it in a bigger room as well. Downside is the Play 3's don't have an up firing speaker like the Q90 does on the surrounds.
@vespasfw3 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650, 2023 Honda Trail 125.

Ossessionato
@vespasfw3 avatar
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650, 2023 Honda Trail 125.
UTC quote
Watching Nick Cave's "Bad Seed TeeVee," streaming live, 24 hours a day on YouTube. Sort of amazing that Nick put this together. Continual new stuff.

https://youtu.be/RbWdmZ7hXY4
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Picking up my new Sonos Arc to replace the playbar in the living room . Looking forward to watching something in Atmos upstairs tonight! LG OLED with ARC , 2 play 3 surrounds and a Sonos Sub. Weird shaped open concept room so the ability to tune the room with the Sonos Trueplay feature helps.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
Halfway through Battlestar Galactica. As good as I remember. Excited for the reboot too.

'binger did you get a new telly? Why didn't you tell us?
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
znomit wrote:
Halfway through Battlestar Galactica. As good as I remember. Excited for the reboot too.

'binger did you get a new telly? Why didn't you tell us?
Oh that's downstairs.. this is upstairs.. I know you have to know that... Upstairs I get by with on older 4K LG OLED.

A few audiophiles on here and the Arc just came out today. So I know I'd be interested in the difference between a playbar setup and an Arc. My dad drilled in to my head how important quality sound is in a setup.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
So watching The Order on Netflix. Well worth it if you liked Supernatural or Sabrina. Like Sabrina a little too teenage angsty but I can get past that. Plus hey it has magic AND werwolves.

The Arc... ugh a bit of a chore to get working . The LG OLED only has ARC and not EARC. With the Apple TV 4K I was able to force Dolby 5.1 through and I'm good with that for now. If I want to watch a 7.1 show I can do that in the bedroom with the Q90 system. The Arc does have better sound than the playbar and the additional features make it worth it. Now I just have to sell some of my older audio equipment though usually I just give it away as a thank you . I've changed audio setup a LOT over the years as I play keep up. Dad was a very successful sound engineer so it runs in the family I guess.
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208

Ossessionato
@swiss1939 avatar
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
UTC quote
Watching Space Force on Netflix. Hilarious.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
swiss1939 wrote:
Yeah we've done the same. Good but maybe not as good as you would think considering the stellar cast... Still yeah a fun watch and good to see a comedy original on a streaming service.
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
swiss1939 wrote:
Yeah we've done the same. Good but maybe not as good as you would think considering the stellar cast... Still yeah a fun watch and good to see a comedy original on a streaming service.
Fred Willard was hilarious in it. And yet so sad to see him at the end like that.. basically playing what he was probably going through in real life.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
swiss1939 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
swiss1939 wrote:
Fred Willard was hilarious in it. And yet so sad to see him at the end like that.. basically playing what he was probably going through in real life.
Yeah... my wife and I felt exactly the same about Fred Willard.
@jim_mcclain avatar
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS 300 Super

Hooked
@jim_mcclain avatar
2020 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
All my watching is done streaming on my computer. Got rid of my TV years ago. I switch between Netflix and Hulu. My interests vary but currently I've been watching episodes of ER, NCIS and MASH - I guess I'm hung up on acronyms. Last movie I watched was Lost In Translation, for the 3rd or 4th time.
@tdrake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 GT200

Ossessionato
@tdrake avatar
2006 GT200
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
Yeah we've done the same. Good but maybe not as good as you would think considering the stellar cast...
Nailed it.

...now we're hanging, looking for sumpin new.

...burned out on Community midway through season 3.... There's a point in nearly every series in which you can see the actors and writers settling into routine, and then I'm just bored.

Started Jane the Virgin for lack of something else. It's witty but I'm already burning out...

...so headed back to Bojack last night, which is feckin' brilliant but often gets too dark night after night.

Maybe I'm just sick of TV!
@sdg avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
63 GS160 MK1 / GT60 / Sean Wotherspoon

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@sdg avatar
63 GS160 MK1 / GT60 / Sean Wotherspoon
UTC quote
Michael Jordan documentary....

Brilliant

Ozark....

Brilliant

Dead To Me....

Very very good

Waco Documentary....

Interesting to review

SDG
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
UTC

MV Santa
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown

MV Santa
@vintage_red_matthew avatar
GTS250, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
UTC quote
Just finished my umpteenth rewatch of Deep Space 9.

Found season 4 of Mythbusters at a thrift store.

Good stuff.
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
This isolation thing is driving me mad and I'm talking to animals. Such as rabbits and crickets and cicadas. This whole thing is pissing me off.

So I decided to binge watch Rome season 1 and 2 all over again.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Max6200 wrote:
This isolation thing is driving me mad and I'm talking to animals. Such as rabbits and crickets and cicadas. This whole thing is pissing me off.

Yeah that was a great series, one of the earliest high production value shows.

Just finished the series Snow Piercer and it's worth the watch. Season 2 apparently already mostly shot and now in post.
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
TROOP 0.......is a hoot!
These girls reminded me of the team of 10 yr old girl's I coached in a softball league.
O.S.
Our motto-- "never do anything with half an ass."...
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
Max6200 wrote:

Yeah that was a great series, one of the earliest high production value shows.
Masters of suspense. I'm going to watch it again. 😵

It's hard. It makes you want to turn your head to check behind you to see if someone is about to slash your throat.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
I've been bingewatching Blindspot, and it is a lot better than I thought it would be. I sort of followed the lead actor from when he was in Strikeback, and while he still can't act, it's a very well plotted series. He's Australian, and his version of an American accent is eating the words at the end of a sentence and breaking the dialogue down to bursts of four to six words at a time, while appearing to be constipated. That would make for a very interesting Hamlet. As far as my favorite reason to watch it, I could really learn to like tattoos.
I also just saw Lupin the Third, a pretty neat Japanese film from 2014. Well worth checking out when you realize there is no new content coming down the pike. I'm a sucker for modern Japanese cinema when there's not cartoons involved.
Alone started a new season, and that is one of the few series that can still make new content in the time of Corona. Very interesting premise. Offering way more money, but making them stay out there longer than anyone ever has, and it's in the Arctic during Winter. What's hard about that?
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Old music videos. Ah just look at the style and dance moves. We had style back then!

Copy paste below.

youtu.be/T_srIE-YAb8
@tdrake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 GT200

Ossessionato
@tdrake avatar
2006 GT200
UTC quote
Bodyguard!

Definitely scratching that Ozark-ish, fingernail biting, edge of the seat thriller itch.

Holy moly -- if the first ten minutes doesn't pull ye in, yer in the wrong genre.

BBC quality and the best thing: only one season and six episodes, so it ain't got no room for fluff and filler.

And we're only half way through....
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Hamilton.
Disney (the company, not the frozen head), filmed the stage play. Unbelievable music and performances. Great 4th of July movie.
Things are going to work out.

And on the lighter side, if you want to give your brain a rest from intense thrillers and dramas, Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television is a fairly clever take on the modern entertainment industry. It reminds me a bit of Kevin Bacon's The Big Picture.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Hamilton.
Disney (the company, not the frozen head), filmed the stage play. Unbelievable music and performances. Great 4th of July movie.
Things are going to work out.

And on the lighter side, if you want to give your brain a rest from intense thrillers and dramas, Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television is a fairly clever take on the modern entertainment industry. It reminds me a bit of Kevin Bacon's The Big Picture.
Hamilton was absolutely stunning. Picture and sound quality fantastic and what I would expect from Disney. First time I really got to crank the sound system since I put in the Sonos Arc and wow. FWIW I have play 3 surrounds and the last Sonos sub.
@louswheel avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
150 Sprint Veloce, RE Meteor 350

Molto Verboso
@louswheel avatar
150 Sprint Veloce, RE Meteor 350
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
Maybe not watching but rather playing. FFVII remake on my PS4 Pro. Should give me 30-40 hours of distraction. I absolutely loved the original and easily in my top 5 of all time game list.

*EDIT* Me downstairs in the condo as my wife is upstairs working. I have moved the PS4 Pro to the bedroom and left the Xbox One X upstairs attached the LG OLED. So I'm slumming it down here with the older Aquos but could be worse. You can just make out one of the girls snoozing at the end of the bed. BTW blackout blinds are so worth it. I have left one a little cracked but of I closed it the room would be pitch dark and it's 2 pm and bright out for now. Cantilevered articulated TV mounts are also a great thing.
Just finished it after playing it on and off... What an ending, i'm ready for the next chapter, Hope I don't have to wait as long as the first!!

graham
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
louswheel wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Maybe not watching but rather playing. FFVII remake on my PS4 Pro. Should give me 30-40 hours of distraction. I absolutely loved the original and easily in my top 5 of all time game list.

*EDIT* Me downstairs in the condo as my wife is upstairs working. I have moved the PS4 Pro to the bedroom and left the Xbox One X upstairs attached the LG OLED. So I'm slumming it down here with the older Aquos but could be worse. You can just make out one of the girls snoozing at the end of the bed. BTW blackout blinds are so worth it. I have left one a little cracked but of I closed it the room would be pitch dark and it's 2 pm and bright out for now. Cantilevered articulated TV mounts are also a great thing.
Just finished it after playing it on and off... What an ending, i'm ready for the next chapter, Hope I don't have to wait as long as the first!!

graham
Yeah it was fun. I'm working through my huge backlog now and playing GOW on the PS4 pro and Gears of War 4 remastered on the Xbox one X.
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
Anything, everything to do with Mt Everest.
O.S.
UTC

Molto Verboso
portofino green GTV 300

Molto Verboso
portofino green GTV 300
UTC quote
Watching Longmire for the third time.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
The Boys on Prime video. Fun ride for sure and season 2 comes out soon so looking forward to that. Great twist on Superheroes and dark... though apparently not nearly as dark as the comics.
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
Right now in the middle of Knowing. Nick Cage is (almost) always fun to watch.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
Warrior Nun. It's not Buffy but it's OK.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Dark - Netflix series in German and well worth the watch. Still in season one but so far impressed. Just finished Diablero which was fun. Dark maybe not so fun but worth it.

The lip syncing and English voice acting in both shows is pretty good. For chuckles turn on subtitles as sometimes what is said vs the subtitle can be pretty off but the gist gets across..

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/dark
@twowheeledmass avatar
UTC

Primavera 150

@twowheeledmass avatar
Primavera 150
UTC quote
Beyond the Walls (Au-delà des murs)
For those who are a fan of dramas and/or thrillers: Beyond the Walls (Au-delà des murs) is a phenomenal (short) series from France, available with English subtitles. One of those rare shows that managed to score 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. I don't want to give anything away, but at a high level, a woman mysteriously inherits a home, and upon visiting... Well, things happen.

Great character development, stunning cinematography, and an all-around beautiful story. I managed to buy Season 1 (there is only one season, three episodes) on the Apple Store.
@twowheeledmass avatar
UTC

Primavera 150

@twowheeledmass avatar
Primavera 150
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
I'm going through the second season of Gomorra. Lots of scooters. What's funny is that there was a character on a little two stroke scooter, probably a BWS, and at some point the character started riding a Triumph Speed Triple. Whoever did the Foley used the same two stroke scooter sound for both bikes.
I am a big fan of Gomorra. Brilliant series. Can't wait for the next season to come out.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
UTC quote
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVeZYCjnkSc-

@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
TwoWheeledMass wrote:
Motovista wrote:
I'm going through the second season of Gomorra. Lots of scooters. What's funny is that there was a character on a little two stroke scooter, probably a BWS, and at some point the character started riding a Triumph Speed Triple. Whoever did the Foley used the same two stroke scooter sound for both bikes.
I am a big fan of Gomorra. Brilliant series. Can't wait for the next season to come out.
I think a big mistake the creators of the series made was killing off one of the main characters at the end of the third season. It seems like the creators thought that was the end of the series. Then, when they got picked up for a fourth, they sort of wandered through different story lines, trying to figure out what would work, and never landed on something that had the feel and vibrancy of the first seasons.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
If you can watch 4K YouTube videos these shots of Mars in 4K are stunning.

https://youtu.be/ZEyAs3NWH4A
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
I just got through the last season of Blacklist. Their workaround for the pandemic is unusual, and it sort of works, except the characters walk like they are limping with both legs.
⚠️ Last edited by Motovista on UTC; edited 1 time
@twowheeledmass avatar
UTC

Primavera 150

@twowheeledmass avatar
Primavera 150
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
louswheel wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

graham
Yeah it was fun. I'm working through my huge backlog now and playing GOW on the PS4 pro and Gears of War 4 remastered on the Xbox one X.
*Finally* got into the Witcher III. May be one of the best games ever made. So much content and depth.
@azscootrn avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Piaggio BV-500, Yamaha Majesty, Honda Helix Sidecar Rig

Enthusiast
@azscootrn avatar
Piaggio BV-500, Yamaha Majesty, Honda Helix Sidecar Rig
UTC quote
My wife and I are 7 episodes into "Cursed" on Netflix. Interesting retelling of King Arthur legends if you're in to that kind of thing. It's pretty good.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0240s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0061s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingTwo ]