UTC

Molto Verboso
'07 GTS 250 - sold

Molto Verboso
@ironfoot avatar
'07 GTS 250 - sold
UTC quote
(cont'd)
To create the shading I worked my way through the drawing with layers of black and white lines. The principles here are similar to making an engraving...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@ironfoot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'07 GTS 250 - sold

Molto Verboso
@ironfoot avatar
'07 GTS 250 - sold
UTC quote
When I've posted this type of illustration before some people have commented that they enjoy seeing the underlying work as much as the full art. So here's a peek at the vectors. It's a bit like looking at the pencils beneath the inks. This shows most, but not all, of the lines. I've removed some of the central radials to make it less crowded.
OP
@ironfoot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'07 GTS 250 - sold

Molto Verboso
@ironfoot avatar
'07 GTS 250 - sold
UTC quote
The colouring was approached as a separate task, something to be done after the linework was complete. I wanted to enhance the black & white illustration without overwhelming it.
OP
@ironfoot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'07 GTS 250 - sold

Molto Verboso
@ironfoot avatar
'07 GTS 250 - sold
UTC quote
...and that's it all finished! It was a complex illustration and I'm happy with where it ended up. I rate the black and white version equally alongside the colour version. Both designs will be added to DoubleGood's range of t-shirts.
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
Ironfoot wrote:
...and that's it all finished! It was a complex illustration and I'm happy with where it ended up. I rate the black and white version equally alongside the colour version. Both designs will be added to DoubleGood's range of t-shirts.
Awesome!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1821s ][ Queries: 4 (0.1751s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]